“Perfect private beach” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Curacao
Ranked #16 of 33 Hotels in Willemstad
“Perfect private beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for 9 nights in the Hilton. Very good service, delicious breakfast, overall very clean. The small beach at the hotel is just perfect. Nice food at the bar. Not cheap! Buy some fishfood at the dive shop and then go snorkeling. The building maybe is old but everything works perfectly. We had a renovated room.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Daphne87Holland,

Thank you for sharing the impressions of your stay on Tripadvisor!

I am glad that you enjoyed your vacation at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting our service and facilities and our culinary offers. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the new design of our rooms. It is a pleasure to point out that all of our rooms have been recently renovated. Besides our small beach in our main hotel area, we have a second private beach on property.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hilton Curacao!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It took me time to decide which property to go to when we decided to travel to Curacao.
Hearing about the recent rooms renovation, the replies on each post from the General Manager and being a Hilton loyal customer made of the Hilton our pick.
Overall we had a fantastic time at the resort. Loved the design of the new rooms, loved the food in the italian restaurant and good breakfast spread. We enjoyed the gym and the 2 beaches everyday. Staff is very pleasant too. We upgraded to an Ocean view room and did not regret it. We will definitely come back to Curacao and Hilton.The island was way above our expectations. Great beaches, good restaurants and as they say on the island...dushi hende :-)

Room Tip: Pay extra and treat yourself to an Ocean view room
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Globetrotter20074,

First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your impressions of your vacation on Tripadvisor!

It is a delight to read that you were fully satisfied with your stay at our hotel. As we indeed just completed our renovations recently, it is a pleasure to read that this has been recognized and that the new design was to your liking. I regard guest feedback as an important source for finding out about guest expectations and needs and identify areas of improvement.

We will be more than glad to accommodate you again at the Hilton Curacao during your next stay on dushi korsou!

Warsaw, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in many Hilton's and this one is no exception to the great people and amenities that this hotel chain offers. Being a gold member I always appreciate de executive lounge with my family. I was disappointed with the curaçao hilton executive lounge. Same menu every day and it was not an all day service like it is in others.

BUT that was jus a minor setback for a good service overall. People are kind and always have a smile. The two beaches offer variety and they are great for relaxing or just having fun swimming or snorkeling. There is a kiddie pool for the smaller ones and we enjoyed it.

The bitterballen were amazing and the food was very good. Service a bit slow. Ocean view is a must because the view is gorgeous.

I would recommend it again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Juancho D
Dear Juancho D,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to read that you overall enjoyed your vacation at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting the friendliness of our staff, our kids’ facilities and culinary offers. I appreciate the comments you are making in regards to our Executive Lounge. I am glad to inform you that as of this week we are offering a daily changing menu at the Executive Lounge.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao!

Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Overall: Decent, but I would not recommend it until they have updated the rooms and hotel areas to a better standard. I think you can do much better in Curacao for the prices charged!

+ Decent sized room with a good bed.
+ Beaches and pool areas are allright, allthough the closest beach is a bit small, and the bigger one a bit too windy. Beautiful sunsets on the beach. Diving/snorkeling shop on-site.

+/- Location is outside the city, and there is little else in the nearby area besides two other hotels, some residental areas and officies/industry. Free shuttle bus to Willemstad twice a day, and local bus running more often.
+/- First we got a somewhat worn down room with twin bed, on a low floor. Luckily we got "upgraded" to a room with a king bed on a higher floor (with partial sea view). However, the A/C did not work to our liking (high fan was the only possibility on any temperature above 21 degrees celcius. Both auto and low was not functioning above this temperature), but not sure if it is supposed to be that way or not. They had someone take a look at it when we where away one day, but still same issue when we returned.

- The hotel area has seen better days. The sauna was out of order. The mini golf is shabby (some of the holes are impossible to play due to holes and faulty obstacles, no working lights in the evening), the tennis courts (2) are okay, and the lobby area is so-so. The lobby is by the way the only area with free WiFi.
- Poor maintenance of the rooms. The furniture in the room ranged from okay to worn down, and it really could use some paint and refreshing. The door knob on our balcony door almost fell off (to the point that the door was impossible to lock) and the shower flooded the bathroom floor and hallway.
- Expensive. The on site restaurants/bars are priced in the high range. The food is decent enough, but you could expect more for the price.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Oslolosen
Dear Oslolosen,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, our beach and pool areas and facilities on property. It is a pity to hear that some aspects of your stay were not meeting your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I thank you for bringing some points to my attention and can assure you that we are already in the process of improvements. I would also like to inform you that besides the lobby, we also do offer WiFi in our Corner Shop.

We hope to welcome you again at the Hilton Curacao to bring you a more pleasant experience!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Willemstad hotels

sacramento, ca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband, kids and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. My sister and bro-in-law stayed at the Marriott next door, as did we one night. Since so many people compare the two and want to know the differences, I'll place my review in that light. Bottom line: we preferred the Hilton.

Hilton pros:
Two very different beaches from which to choose. The small, deep beach close to the hotel was less windy and wavy than the other beach (which was similar to the Marriott's beach). One could snorkel off of this beach every day. The kids loved jumping off of the dock a lot, too. Lots of sea glass. The other beach (Parasassa) was open and wide, as well as less crowded and polished. Nice to have the two options.

The sea views are stunning. Simply stunning! Few of the sea view rooms at the Marriott have spectacular sea views and, not being as tall of a building and not looking over part of the island/bay, they couldn't have been better than our view from the fourth floor. The newly renovated rooms are really nice. Visually attractive, bright and light.

The kids liked having the mini-golf, though the course could use some cleaning, and I liked the fort on the property.

The staff was awesome! Except for very slow service in the coffee shop, they all rocked.

Hilton cons: I didn't think the meals were anything to write home about. The pool was OK, but the spa was very dirty - never got in it once.

Over all, the Hilton is more quiet and laid back, which we liked very much. It seemed much more intimate and relaxing than the Marriott.

The Marriott's grounds are more lush, the pool and hot tub are better. It's a "nicer" property in the big picture, but didn't seem to have a soul and wasn't very relaxing. When sitting out by the pool having a cocktail one night, I commented to my husband that we could have been on a beach in Florida. However, the rooms are outdated and, as mentioned, the views aren't very good. It had more entertainment options, more Americans, and the food was better than the Hilton.

Lots of people will like the shiny of the Marriott, but I would chose the Hilton again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cyndo68
Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear cyndo68,

Thank you for your elaborated review about your hotel stay on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed our beaches and the variety as well as snorkeling opportunities they offer. It is great that your kids had a great time playing mini golf and I am delighted to inform you that our mini golf course is currently being updated. Thank you for your kind words about the performance of our staff.

We are glad to hear that you would recommend our hotel and are looking forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Curacao!

McLean, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

We stayed in early April and were impressed with the service at the hotel. The people who worked there went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We had access to the Executive Lounge, and every morning the people who worked the lounge helped us put together tours / day trips. The breakfast was a perfect continental (pastries, coffee / cappuccino machine, yogurt and cereal). The view from there was fantastic - and a great place for afternoon cocktails (½ price compared to the bar on the beach). Speaking on the bars on the beach - we spent a lot of time there! Ruwella (at the bar closer to the pool) made the best raspberry daiquiri - and lots of cold beer on hand. The grounds of the hotel were fantastic, and they really keep it clean and beautiful. Its about a 3 mile walk to town - which we did one day. Some of the smells of the raw sewerage is really offensive. In the town, we preferred the Renaissance center with shops and restaurants (it was very clean). We tried the restaurants on the waterfront once, and enjoyed it, but spent most of the time at the resort. The italian restaurant there was very good - and again service was impeccable. We don't usually travel to the Caribbean (spend most holidays in Europe), but wanted a nice vacation where we could just relax, sit by the pool and do nothing. This was a great location for it. There are things to do if you want, but we choose to lounge by the pool, the beach, wander around the island (took a private tour - only recommendation is to confirm the time frame and price before hand ... We felt a little taken advantage of, but it was our fault for not being clear on what we wanted). Overall, I highly recommend this Hilton!

Room Tip: We did not have a "beach view" and I was glad. We had it in the exec lounge, and I thought...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 289suellens
Dear 289suellens,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor!

It is a delight to read about your stay and the positive comments you are making. Thank you for complimenting our team on the great service they provided you with. I will be glad to pass on your feedback, specifically to Ruwella. I am glad that you enjoyed the culinary choices we offer and appreciated the beauty of our grounds.

I thank you for recommending our hotel and hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao for another relaxing vacation in the near future!

Elora, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect, but we enjoyed our stay. Definitely worth having an ocean view - we were on the 4th floor. Yeah for the private balcony! The hotel is old, but in a great location (if you're looking for fancy, you should go elsewhere). We liked that the hotel was not in a prime/busy area, so there was not a lot of beach traffic. Great snorkeling. The beach was well maintained, and the staff worked hard to keep the property picked up. The beach huts need to have a couple of nails in the poles, so you can hang up your bags/towels etc. Lots of places to sit - either on the beach, around the shore or at the pool. Didn't use the hot tub - it seemed dirty. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows should be replaced. Towels (both room & beach) were huge! Face cloths were in short supply. Rain-fall shower head should have an extension, so you can enjoy it (too short and too close to the wall). Housekeeping (on our floor) was done by 10;00 am. The food at the bar was good; maybe a little expensive. The breakfast buffet was good, offering a wide assortment of hot food, fruit, cold cereal & pastry. The store/cafe on site was too expensive (almost $4 for a can of ice tea!). We looked for ice cream, but couldn't find any available. Events at the hotel were not advertised very well. Free shuttle to Willemstad was handy. Cabs are expensive - rent a car for a couple of days - it's not difficult to navigate the island. I find it unacceptable that wireless internet connection is not included - it was available for $63/week (although it was nice to be disconnected for the week). All staff that we interacted with was friendly & helpful. Didn't use the kids pool, gym, tennis courts or mini-golf. Enjoyed our stay, and would return here.

Room Tip: 3rd floor or higher with an ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank C W
Dear C W,

Thank you for taking your time to write a detailed review about our hotel on Tripadvisor!

It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Thank you for complimenting the location and facilities of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed our culinary offers at the hotel. I agree with you in improving the communication of events at our hotel and the availability of ice cream. In fact we are already selling ice cream at our beach bar and am currently implementing it as well in our Corner Shop.

I also thank you for your other suggestions for improvement. It is great to hear that the efforts of our staff in keeping our grounds well and making every guest’s stay a pleasant one are appreciated.

We will gladly accommodate you again at the Hilton Curacao during your next trip!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#3 of 33 in Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Hilton Curacao? Share your experiences!