I was a little concerned when I read some of the previous reviews, but my husband and I really thought this hotel was great. We travel at least once a year to either Europe or Asia, in addition to our annual trip to a different Caribbean island. Our criteria for a hotel is safety and cleanliness first, then location, and reputation, so here is my feedback on the Hilton Curacao:
1. Safety: We rented a car at the Curacao airport, drove everywhere and never felt unsafe anywhere. The entrance to our hotel was even gated for anyone who is still worried about safety.
2. Cleanliness: Our room was spotlessly cleaned every day by the wonderfully friendly housekeeping staff - especially Saida!
3. Location: Perfect for us because we were only 5 minutes from Otrobanda, the pontoon bridge, and Punda, but not stuck in the traffic of a downtown hotel location. And, being in Piscadera Bay area, we were closer to driving to the best snorkeling beaches going towards Westpunt BTW, I recommend Playa Lagun, Playa Jeremi, Kleine Knip, and Grote Knip for the free beaches. Get good directions from Francis at the Concierge desk.
But if you want an excellent PADI diving instructor, go the Twin Divers (twin-divers.com) which is located right next to Sea Side Terrace Restaurant (good place to eat) just before you get to Breezes Resort - ask for Mark (GREAT GUY!!)
4. Reputation: Hiltons are generally a safe choice with a certain level of quality and this one surpassed even those as a great hotel. Why? Hopefully by my notes below will explain:
a. Fiona at the front desk, who is as nice as she is lovely (my husband called her beautiful too), was able to give us a renovated room with a FANTASTIC view facing the beach when we checked in (glad it was a Tuesday and not the weekend). The sunset was so spectacular in the evening that we had a glass of wine in our room watching it set every night before we went out to dinner. Tip: Buy a bottle at the duty-free shop at the airport when you arrive or buy some at the Centrum Supermarket to keep in your room for your sunset toast together :)
b. The infinity pool is so relaxing, the landscaping lovely, the beach has nice sand, the water was clear, the breakfast buffet (Adrianna at the front is very friendly) and dinners (different theme every night) at the hotel were excellent. And, they even have music every Wednesday and Friday evening in the bar near the restaurant.
c. Last, but not least, the concierge (Francis) or bell desk (Swen) can answer ANY question that you have (or find out for you very fast). Their ideas, suggestions, directions, etc. were always good, their smiles warm, and Swen remembered our names to greet us everyday - how sweet. Francis helped me to find Landuis Habaai, which is a very good art gallery with a great gift shop for buying something of quality to take home. I hugged both Francis & Swen goodbye and promised to come back next year!
Last tip that I got from a local: If you are in Curacao on the second Saturday of the month, go to the "marshe di artesania", the only real handcraft market in Curacao to buy wonderful well-made, very reasonable, local crafts to take home - look for Unique Creation Curacao by Josette there :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in 23 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds and built on an historic 18th century Fort, the Hilton Curacao hotel boasts two private white sand beaches, infinity and freshwater pools and a PADI Gold Palm dive center on the property, and is one of the leading Curacao hotels. Located just ten minutes from Hato International Airport and free shuttle to the center of Willemstad 10 minutes away, the Hilton Curacao is an idyllic Caribbean retreat. A Las Vegas-style casino and LivingWell Health & Beach Club are available on the property, and Guests enjoy immediate access to a range of watersports and Willemstad activities. The Hilton Curacao resort is charming, picturesque and perfectly placed for an active or relaxing visit to the Caribbean. Conferences and events for up to 400 can be easily accommodated in this Curacao hotel's range of event spaces, making it the ideal destination for corporate functions, social events or intimate destination weddings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Curacao reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Willemstad
- Hilton Hotel Curacao
- Hilton Willemstad
- Willemstad Hilton
- Hilton Curacao Willemstad