“Fantastic”

Ranked #16 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Paramaribo, Suriname
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Decided to come to the island for a family vacation and was not disappointed.
The island has much more to offer than I thought. I am a diver and a golfer and could fully enjoy my hobbies in Curacao while my family was relaxing at the pool.
Had a great renovated room facing the ocean...Breathtaking view !
Nice executive lounge with superb service and great attention from the team ( Carene and Peta...I think).
Breakfast was good, nice and spacious gym.
Will definitely come back !

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear LucasB348,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor!

It is a delight to hear that you were fully satisfied with your stay at our hotel! I am glad that you were able to enjoy your hobbies and your family could relax while staying with us.
It is great that you acknowledged the renovation of our rooms and enjoyed our gym and the Executive Lounge. I am pleased to share your positive feedback with Careen and Petcha!

We will be glad to accommodate you again at the Hilton Curacao for your next family vacation!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Trenton
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was 2 beds, the frame was wooden and about 5 inches to wide on each side - ouch. Had to push mattress to one side each night. The hot tub was not maintained at all. Pool and beach fronts were great. Perfect spot for sunsets!!! Was there for scuba diving vacation, carib seasport is located right there which is perfect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Smottley,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pool and beach areas and noted the convenient location for divers. Thank you also for complimenting the interaction with our staff. It is a pity that some aspects were not up to your expectations. Please be assured that we took actions in maintaining our hot tub at a higher standard.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel for your next scuba diving vacation!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hilton Curaco is well located, near to the most beautiful beaches at Westpunt and next to Punda and Otrobanda on the opposite direction. The beach at the hotel is beautiful and very appropriated if you don't want to drive. The room is very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear 602adrianoc,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the beach. Please let me recommend you for future stays, to make use of our second beach located just at the end of the walking path along the sea side. Thank you for complimenting our newly renovated rooms.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao!

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I were originally booked at this hotel for our 25th anniversary and after a couple of hours there we promptly checked out and headed next door to the Marriott. Our room on the 7th floor looked totally fine but our initial impression from the balcony there of the grounds was dry & dead - not our image of a lush tropical island. Little did we know at that point how dry it was all over the island or how expensive water was which is probably why the grounds looked like a desert. Needless to say at the time it was not a feast to the eyes and was disappointing. The other items we found lacking was that the hallways smelled of cleaning solution of some sort and the pale blue paint on the outside of the hotel did not say "tropical" - it just said dated. (I felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men when they take a trip to L.A.). On the positive side the front desk staff gal Raquel was wonderful, even when we checked out and later that week we visited the restaurant and had great service and a wonderful conversation with our waitress (Atalia?).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Shelley W
Dear Shelley W,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor!

First of all I want to thank you for your kind words on the service quality provided at our Front Desk and Cielo Restaurant. I am delighted to share your feedback with Raquel and Atalia.
However, I am disappointed that we did not get the opportunity to convince you of our hotel. Please rest assured that we are continuously working on improving our grounds, and great development of our gardens could already been noticed over the past few months. I am also delighted to inform you that our outside façade is one key priority for us to improve in the future.

We hope you will give the Hilton Curacao another opportunity in the future to show you how our grounds improved!

Greensboro,Nc
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was a little concerned when I read some of the previous reviews, but my husband and I really thought this hotel was great. We travel at least once a year to either Europe or Asia, in addition to our annual trip to a different Caribbean island. Our criteria for a hotel is safety and cleanliness first, then location, and reputation, so here is my feedback on the Hilton Curacao:
1. Safety: We rented a car at the Curacao airport, drove everywhere and never felt unsafe anywhere. The entrance to our hotel was even gated for anyone who is still worried about safety.
2. Cleanliness: Our room was spotlessly cleaned every day by the wonderfully friendly housekeeping staff - especially Saida!
3. Location: Perfect for us because we were only 5 minutes from Otrobanda, the pontoon bridge, and Punda, but not stuck in the traffic of a downtown hotel location. And, being in Piscadera Bay area, we were closer to driving to the best snorkeling beaches going towards Westpunt BTW, I recommend Playa Lagun, Playa Jeremi, Kleine Knip, and Grote Knip for the free beaches. Get good directions from Francis at the Concierge desk.
But if you want an excellent PADI diving instructor, go the Twin Divers (twin-divers.com) which is located right next to Sea Side Terrace Restaurant (good place to eat) just before you get to Breezes Resort - ask for Mark (GREAT GUY!!)
4. Reputation: Hiltons are generally a safe choice with a certain level of quality and this one surpassed even those as a great hotel. Why? Hopefully by my notes below will explain:
a. Fiona at the front desk, who is as nice as she is lovely (my husband called her beautiful too), was able to give us a renovated room with a FANTASTIC view facing the beach when we checked in (glad it was a Tuesday and not the weekend). The sunset was so spectacular in the evening that we had a glass of wine in our room watching it set every night before we went out to dinner. Tip: Buy a bottle at the duty-free shop at the airport when you arrive or buy some at the Centrum Supermarket to keep in your room for your sunset toast together :)
b. The infinity pool is so relaxing, the landscaping lovely, the beach has nice sand, the water was clear, the breakfast buffet (Adrianna at the front is very friendly) and dinners (different theme every night) at the hotel were excellent. And, they even have music every Wednesday and Friday evening in the bar near the restaurant.
c. Last, but not least, the concierge (Francis) or bell desk (Swen) can answer ANY question that you have (or find out for you very fast). Their ideas, suggestions, directions, etc. were always good, their smiles warm, and Swen remembered our names to greet us everyday - how sweet. Francis helped me to find Landuis Habaai, which is a very good art gallery with a great gift shop for buying something of quality to take home. I hugged both Francis & Swen goodbye and promised to come back next year!
Last tip that I got from a local: If you are in Curacao on the second Saturday of the month, go to the "marshe di artesania", the only real handcraft market in Curacao to buy wonderful well-made, very reasonable, local crafts to take home - look for Unique Creation Curacao by Josette there :)

Room Tip: See my tips above
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank baoz
Dear baoz,

Thank you for your extensive feedback on your vacation at our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted that you were fully satisfied with your stay and am pleased to read about your many positive comments. Thank you for highlighting our location, our grounds and facilities and cleanliness of rooms. I also want to use the moment to inform you that we have a dive school directly on property as well, offering excellent services. It is a pleasure that we could exceed the expectations you have of a Hilton hotel. Please be assured that I will share your kind words with Saida, Adrienne, Francis and Swen with them.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao in the future!

San Diego, California
Reviewed 14 May 2014

My husband and I read a lot of reviews before we decided to stay at the Hilton Curacao for 8 nights last month. We had reasonable expectations based on the research we had done. We expected the hotel to be a little run down and the restaurants to be a bit on the expensive side. Not a big deal to us since we felt that the location was perfect. Things went well the first couple of days. The hotel room was clean and the ocean view from our 4th room was amazing!

We avoided eating at the Hilton as much as possible due to the high price ($19.50 US for a flat bread pizza that was tiny!) and frankly the food had no taste. Also, the service at both of the bars was ridiculously slow for both food and drink orders. We decided to eat at the Marriott one night for dinner and that's when we saw what a mistake we'd made booking the Hilton over the Marriott. Not only was the Marriott's grounds and hotel way nicer, but the food and service there was top notch!!!! We ended up eating at the Emerald Lounge our last 3 nights. The food was awesome and reasonably priced for what you were getting, but the best part were the bartender and servers!! Nadim (our bartender), Ryan (supervisor) and Iwan (server) were so personable and friendly. They remembered our names when we came back the second night and we got to know each of them. I couldn't tell you the name of one server at the bar at the Hilton where we had happy hour every night of our trip.

Despite the fact that we were very turned off by the service at the Hilton there were a couple of positives that we took away from our stay. The pool and beach area were very nice and although the pool was old it appeared to be well maintained. After a front desk worker was unable to give us directions to Sea Aquarium Beach and the Curacao Distillery (kind of big tourist spots on the small island) she did direct us to another worker named Eduardo. He was extremely friendly and helpful. If you're an animal person there was a stray cat that roamed the beach and bar areas. For a stray she was very gentle and friendly so I looked forward to playing with her every day. The sunsets from our balcony were beyond amazing which leads to the final straw as far as poor service.

On our last day we had been in Willemstad all morning and spent the afternoon swimming at our the beach at the Hilton. We then planned to watch the sunset from our balcony. At 6:04pm per my huband's watch we decided to grab some drinks at the bar (happy hour starts at 6:00pm every day). We orderd 2 beers each so we could enjoy them as we watched the sunset from our bacony. After the server gave us our drinks my husband was told happy hour starts in 3 minutes. Really??? At that point we just looked at her like you've got to be kidding. We took our drinks and went upstairs to watch the sunset. Why bother even saying anything at that point. After the sunset we finished our evening with another fantastic meal at the Marriott!

If we do go back to Curacao we we not even consider staying anywhere but the Marriott!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy S
Dear Cathy S,

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted that you enjoyed our pool and beach area and noted the hard work we are putting in keeping our grounds well maintained. I am also pleased to share your positive comment with Eduardo. Please accept my sincerest excuses for the fact that your expectations were not fully met and we did not live up to our standards. You can rest assured that I will share your feedback with the concerning departments in order take the appropriate action.

I hope you will reconsider to choose for our hotel during your next visit to Curacao!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 5 May 2014

A good hotel for your vacation on Curacao. I used the Concierge desk a few times and got excellent service from the fantastic service minded guy Francis. While in the Executive lounge I was always greeted with a smile and a great talk from Kareen. At the lobby bar/restaurant the waitress Luc gave us excellent service and always with a smile. These employees are the reason to why my stay became a memorable one. Thank you all for a great time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Philip G
Dear Philip G,

Thank you for sharing these rewarding words about your vacation at our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you fully enjoyed your stay. It is a pleasure to share your compliments with Francis, Kareen, and Luc.

We will be glad to welcome you again at the Hilton Curacao!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Blue Bay Curacao
Blue Bay Curacao
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino

Been to Hilton Curacao? Share your experiences!