“Beautiful Sunsets”
Review of Hilton Curacao

Hilton Curacao
Ranked #15 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was our first time vacationing in Curacao. The Hilton definitely has some pros and cons. Pros: The Hilton property is beautiful. It has a lovely beach and cove which are sheltered from the wind. The visibility and snorkeling were good. We saw a nice variety of fish and a couple of eels. The property is kept very neat. The staff was truly friendly and helpful. Each night we had a spectacular sunset. Cons: The hotel is dated. Our room was average at best. The shower had a half door and required several towels on the floor to keep the bathroom floor dry. We got a fair rate and didn't spend much time in the room so the room quality didn't bother us that much. You can walk to a couple of restaurants but otherwise you need to rent a car or take a cab to get anywhere from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ljohn71_
Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Ijohn71_,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am glad that you liked our property and especially enjoyed the great snorkeling possibilities at our Piscadera Beach. Please let me take this moment to inform you also about our second beach, Parasasa, located at the end of the walking path along the ocean. I am pleased to read your complimenting words about the high service quality my team delivered to you.
It is a pity that you did not fully enjoy our newly renovated room. Please be assured that the shower issue you described is already been taken care of by the respective department.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Curacao!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this resort for 6 nights and we had an absolutely amazing trip! I will tell you that the building itself is certainly old, but we had an updated room and we found it to be perfect for our Caribbean stay. It may be old, but it is extremely clean and more inviting than any resort that we have stayed. The location is also fantastic! It's very centrally located, meaning you have a quick drive to downtown or to the beautiful beaches on the Western side of the island (Grote Knip and Porto Marie)... both beaches are AMAZING.

The staff at this resort really know how to make people feel welcomed! We were blessed by many of the staff, but a few that stand out are Swen, Kareen, Adrianna, and Camilla. Swen was standing at the Bellman desk when we arrived, but because of his service, he could have easily been the Concierge! He spent over 30 minutes with us, showing us every beautiful place on the map, how to get there and what to do.

Kareen was the person we had a ton of interaction with in the Executive Lounge and she was the sweetest person I have ever met! She took so much time with us, treating us like we were the most important guests in the hotel. She booked reservations for dinner, provided great recommendations and gave us the best service we have ever received!

Adrianna was instrumental and phenomenally helpful before we even left Florida. She interacted with me over email before our trip, giving us many great recommendations, providing rental car options, dining options and things to definitely see when we were in Curacao.

This team and staff are SPOT ON with making your trip a great one! I highly recommend this resort based on the team and the beauty of the resort itself. They have two infinity pools, a private beach, and a lot of space. We never felt that it was 'crowded' or that we couldn't find chairs, etc... it was our choice everyday of where to set up and relax.

Great job Hilton and thank you for an amazing trip!!

Travis & Laura Kunz (and baby Kennedy)

Room Tip: I am a Diamond member with Hilton, so we had a room on the 5th floor that was a beach front Junior S...
2  Thank TravisKunz

Dear TravisKunz,

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to read your many positive comments about your stay. It is an honor to read that my team was able to provide you with such an exceptional experience. I am more than pleased to be able to share with them that they have been able to make you feel welcomed and appreciated at our hotel, specifically Swen, Kareen, Adrienne, and Camilla. Thank you also for complimenting our renovated rooms and our location and hotel grounds.

We will be glad to welcome you and your family again at the Hilton Curacao!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We got what we wanted. A nice, quiet vacation with good service and beautiful views. The beach was intimate and the pool enjoyable. The staff are wonderful and the nicest I have experienced on a vacation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sarsec

Dear sarsec,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor!

It is great that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to read especially your positive comments about the service and staff at our hotel. Please let me recommend to you for future visits to also make use of our second beach, located just at the end of the walking path along the sea side.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao for another family vacation!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Decided to come to the island for a family vacation and was not disappointed.
The island has much more to offer than I thought. I am a diver and a golfer and could fully enjoy my hobbies in Curacao while my family was relaxing at the pool.
Had a great renovated room facing the ocean...Breathtaking view !
Nice executive lounge with superb service and great attention from the team ( Carene and Peta...I think).
Breakfast was good, nice and spacious gym.
Will definitely come back !

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear LucasB348,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor!

It is a delight to hear that you were fully satisfied with your stay at our hotel! I am glad that you were able to enjoy your hobbies and your family could relax while staying with us.
It is great that you acknowledged the renovation of our rooms and enjoyed our gym and the Executive Lounge. I am pleased to share your positive feedback with Careen and Petcha!

We will be glad to accommodate you again at the Hilton Curacao for your next family vacation!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The room was 2 beds, the frame was wooden and about 5 inches to wide on each side - ouch. Had to push mattress to one side each night. The hot tub was not maintained at all. Pool and beach fronts were great. Perfect spot for sunsets!!! Was there for scuba diving vacation, carib seasport is located right there which is perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Cedric N, General Manager at Hilton Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Smottley,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our pool and beach areas and noted the convenient location for divers. Thank you also for complimenting the interaction with our staff. It is a pity that some aspects were not up to your expectations. Please be assured that we took actions in maintaining our hot tub at a higher standard.

We hope to welcome you back at our hotel for your next scuba diving vacation!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

Hilton Curaco is well located, near to the most beautiful beaches at Westpunt and next to Punda and Otrobanda on the opposite direction. The beach at the hotel is beautiful and very appropriated if you don't want to drive. The room is very comfortable.

Dear 602adrianoc,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Tripadvisor!

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location of our hotel and the beach. Please let me recommend you for future stays, to make use of our second beach located just at the end of the walking path along the sea side. Thank you for complimenting our newly renovated rooms.

We hope to welcome you back at the Hilton Curacao!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I were originally booked at this hotel for our 25th anniversary and after a couple of hours there we promptly checked out and headed next door to the Marriott. Our room on the 7th floor looked totally fine but our initial impression from the balcony there of the grounds was dry & dead - not our image of a lush tropical island. Little did we know at that point how dry it was all over the island or how expensive water was which is probably why the grounds looked like a desert. Needless to say at the time it was not a feast to the eyes and was disappointing. The other items we found lacking was that the hallways smelled of cleaning solution of some sort and the pale blue paint on the outside of the hotel did not say "tropical" - it just said dated. (I felt like I was in an episode of Mad Men when they take a trip to L.A.). On the positive side the front desk staff gal Raquel was wonderful, even when we checked out and later that week we visited the restaurant and had great service and a wonderful conversation with our waitress (Atalia?).

3  Thank Shelley W

Dear Shelley W,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel on Tripadvisor!

First of all I want to thank you for your kind words on the service quality provided at our Front Desk and Cielo Restaurant. I am delighted to share your feedback with Raquel and Atalia.
However, I am disappointed that we did not get the opportunity to convince you of our hotel. Please rest assured that we are continuously working on improving our grounds, and great development of our gardens could already been noticed over the past few months. I am also delighted to inform you that our outside façade is one key priority for us to improve in the future.

We hope you will give the Hilton Curacao another opportunity in the future to show you how our grounds improved!

Cedric Nubul – General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Papagayo Beach Resort
Papagayo Beach Resort
#11 of 32 in Willemstad
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Resort
Blue Bay Curacao Golf & Beach Re...
#1 of 1 in Dorp Sint Michiel
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Hilton Curacao? Share your experiences!