“Paradise on Earth”

Ranked #1 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
RIO DE JANEIRO, BRAZIL
“Paradise on Earth”
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I spent a part of my honeymoon at Baoase and I loved it!
I chose the Ocean Front Suite, which has a great balcony with a jacuzzi.
The room is clean, well decorated, with everything you need for a nice stay. The bed is very cozy and comfortable. Everything is clean.
As I'm brazilian, it felt good to listen to brazilian music (Bossa Nova) as I got to the room. It was a very romantic CD. You feel special there.
There was a bottle of prosecco, a welcome drink and some snacks just waiting for us.
I think Baoase is specially nice for couples, because it's not too big and there are many spots to rest... for example, a place to watch the sunset.
The price is high, but I really think you get what you pay for. I think it's fair.
The hotel service is very nice and helpful.
The breakfast is amazing!
I have nothing to complain about my stay.

Room Tip: The Ocean Front Suite is perfect!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank TatianaRoque

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Czech first
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 October 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and I can't recommend this place enough. The resort was gorgeous and super quiet and peaceful (I'd say the resort had a maximum of 20 total guests at any point in time). We literally had their beautiful private beach completely to ourselves one of the days. The staff is unbelievably helpful, accommodating and friendly. The food was fantastic. We plan on coming back for one of our anniversaries and I can't imagine staying anywhere else after having come here.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a villa. Incredible privacy and luxury.
6 Thank cfkellett
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 22 October 2012

After spending three nights on the north end of Curacao, we decided to splurge and spend the last five nights of our honeymoon in an ocean view suite at Baoase. Having read the reviews and knowing what we were paying to stay here, we had very high expectations, which were mostly met with few exceptions.

Without going into too many long-winded details the two things that, to me, really set this place apart from hotels that may be considered upscale, but not quite luxury are the level of personal and intimate service and the decor and fixtures. Throughout our whole stay my wife and I were referred to by name, starting with the very minute we pulled up to the gates, as the bellman came to the car and already knew who we were. Since we don't usually stay at luxury hotels, where I imagine this service is fairly commonplace, parts of this can be a bit overwhelming/intrusive (such as calls to ask your dinner plans and if they can make reservations for you or to see if you are still in the room and would like the evening turndown service), but overall the service is impeccable and makes you feel like more than a regular hotel guest.

As far as the design of the hotel itself, the decor and fixtures were of the highest quality and design. I don't think I've ever felt a softer rug and the materials and style of the room were luxurious, if a bit on the dark side. The grounds of the resort itself were immaculate and really made me feel like I had been transported to a Polynesian village.

The biggest problem I found with Baoase is that because of the price and the air of perfection it exudes, very minor problems seem a bit bigger than they otherwise should be. For example, the buttons on the hot tub were so worn that I couldn't read them and therefore had to press buttons randomly to try and change settings and the one day we ordered room service it took about 90 minutes and then they brought the wrong meal, although it did take only about 10 minutes to replace it with the correct one in only about 10 minutes. These and a few other things were are all very minor issues, and they're not really complaints, but because of the price and the service, they do become a bit magnified because of the minor deviations from the perfection that the rest of the resort has.

Two additional things to note: the location of the resort itself is not great - too far from the center of Willemstad to have anything worthwhile to walk to in the constant heat (other than an ATM and a market at the end of the street), but close enough so that the water wasn't as clean and clear as the rest of the island further away from the city. Also, the one thing that wasn't mentioned to us on our tour of the property that we were given upon arrival was that breakfast was included. This was mentioned when we made the reservation, but we had forgotten and so consequently didn't eat breakfast at the restaurant until our last day, and even then didn't realize it was included until I asked for the bill.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and really enjoyed the uniqueness and luxury of the resort, just be prepared to pay for it.

3 Thank tjconn728
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Hotel is amazingly peaceful, no noise, no kids, no stress, super clean.. Pure oasis! We stayed at this villa with a private pool and every morning we'd open the door and jump on it. No matter where you walk around day or night you can totally "hear the peace" around. ***I want to say "THANKS" to my SCUBA DIVE INSTRUCTOR CARLOS who had no idea I had this fear of water, ocean and beaches since 15 years ago and still, after I explained him my situation we went snorkeling and he made sure I was safe.. I OVERCAME MY FEAR THANKS TO HIS LOVE FOR WHAT HE DOES AS A PROFESSIONAL. He didn't care how scared I was - he was confident that he knew what he was doing and I needed that confidence or I know I would have freaked out. I ENDED UP SNORKELING AND SCUBA DIVING 3 TIMES. Fear is over! Thank you Carlos!!! ***This trip was to celebrate our birthday and they even made us a special decoration in our villa as well as the gazebo for our romantic dinner. If you want to feel special, spoiled and go to a place where nobody will bother you this is it!

Room Tip: Villa 6, corner room, very large and sunny - there is no noise at all in any where and this villa is...
4 Thank Debora U
Reviewed 11 October 2012

Baoase exceeded all expectations. We were greeted like royalty when we first arrived. The aesthetics of the resort are beyond perfection. The dark wood and zen feel mixed with lush jungle makes for a romantic spot straight out of your dreams.

Nothing but positivity toward most everything.

Worth every penny!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Marisa1111
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Your search for the perfect getaway has ended. Stop your research and go book Baoase now. My wife and I just returned from our week long honeymoon there. Our trip was absolute perfection. We stayed in Villa 5 and it was beautiful.

We had a difficult trip down as we were stuck on the American Airlines flight with the loose seats. So, instead of arriving at 2:30, we missed the whole day and did not arrive until after 10pm. We were in terrible moods upon our arrival and did not expect to enjoy anything. Within 30 seconds of being on the resort, our moods immediately changed! We were starving and they had welcome drinks and food waiting for us.

It is such a warm and relaxing environment. The property is spectacular and extremely well maintained. The infrastructure is great, feel free to drink the tap water!

The customer service and attention to detail is unparalleled. The entire staff new who we were and quickly came to understand our likes so they could create a unique experience for us. The food is amazing and the restaurant will quickly be ranked #1 on the island soon. The kitchen new of my bride's gluten and dairy allergies, so they purchased special bread, almond milk, and other ingredients to cater to her needs.

We truly enjoyed ourselves and can't think of a more perfect honeymoon experience that we could have had.

A helpful travel trip to Curacao: we traveled from NYC to Curacao, with a lay-over in Miami with American Airlines. American Airlines is having some major problems across their entire company and we suggest that you avoid booking your air travel with them. There are only two daily connections with AA out of Miami, one at 11:40 and one at 5:40pm. If you miss your connection, you are at the mercy of this schedule and the limited availability. Because of AA's problems, we almost missed a few days of our honeymoon. If you cannot get a direct flight to Curacao from your first departure city, I suggest that you book a direct flight to Aruba and get a local connection from there. There are a few local airlines with plenty of availability. So, if you miss your original connection in Aruba, you will likely get on the next one within an hour or so.

2 Thank MrWonderful77
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I spent the final two nights of our honeymoon here, but wish it had been longer. The suite was simply amazing, the service excellent, and the food and drinks were so good that we didn't even leave the resort. The only drawback is that the location is very removed from anything else and limits your ability to see much else during a short stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple