Out of many hotels I've stayed in my life, this is definitely one of the best.
To begin with, it feels like every staff member cares, rather than simply doing his/her job.
Hotel design is modern and efficient. Faucets, doors, handles, linen, lamps, reception area, etc. - almost everything is top quality and in perfect condition, more likely to be found only in the best Vegas hotels. The rustic paint in the bathroom may appear dirty but this just part of design, it's all in fact very clean. One exception - AC in the room didn't produce cool air, but we rarely use AC anyway, and we simply mentioned that at the checkout. We enjoyed Hawaii-style sleep in natural air draft, with sound of crashing waves on the beach.
Hotel grounds are very small, but once again, well organized and maintained. Restaurant tables are arranged by the water; sitting there is very relaxing and vacation-like.
And, finally, the breakfast in a basket - both food and experience. It's a bit pricey, but comparing to standard Sheraton offering it's way better quality and worth trying at least once.
Summarizing, I would highly recommend Scuba Lodge to anyone who wants to spend time in Curaçao.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad