My husband and I stayed at Scuba Lodge May 23-30. During our stay the staff helped us arrange dinner reservations, surprised my husband with a 30th birthday breakfast, arranged every detail of our 5 dives and were on call to help with anything else we could have possibly needed.
I was expecting a bare bones scuba resort but Scuba Lodge has beautiful gardens, shaded areas for lounging by the pool, a sandy beach, a well-stocked bar, and provides large tasty breakfasts. The best amenity, though, was the staff. The owners, Harold and Caroline, were so kind. They were so great in helping me locate my bag of scuba gear that was lost on our American Airlines flight out of Miami. The birthday surprise was also a great treat for my husband's birthday.
The dives were fantastic. We came prepared with a list of of sites we'd found on tourism websites but our guides, Joshua, Annalise, and Thomas, had much better suggestions. We were never disappointed. We saw so much diversity and beautiful reefs. It was amazing.
The Lodge is located about 12 minutes from town (walking). There are a few restaurants along the way and Moon, a restaurant and lounge, is right next door. We didn't mind the walk, and the staff provided an alternate route to avoid the section of road near the hotel that has a lot of buildings under construction and is pretty dark and desolate at night.
We were the only Americans during our stay. The staff, and all the guests for that matter, spoke English so it wasn't a problem. But we were surprised that all the Americans seemed to be flocking to the big chain resorts when this place was so great and at a much better price.
We would definitely come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scubalodge is the premier ocean front boutique hotel in Curacao. Made of in total 5 monumental buildings, every room and apartment are different! And so is the staff! With a very relaxed and personal atmosphere guests are like staying with friends! Relax in one of the two swimming pools, in the ocean in our house riff and enjoy a cocktail at the Ocean Bar. Scubalodge has a PADI Dive School and shop and the well known breakfast basket and weekly barbecue! Laid in the "quartier Latin" of Curacao, many restaurants and bars are walking distance, as is the city centre, the cruise terminal and all musea and shopping center. Explore the real Curacao in Otrabanda, the "pontjes brug" and the fruit and local market. Or take your rental car and explore the Island and all of its 70 beaches!!! Scubalodge, welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Scuba Lodge & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Scuba Lodge And Suites
- The Scuba Hotel Willemstad
- Scuba Lodge & Suites Curacao/Willemstad