Boutique Hotel 't Klooster
Sonesta Kura Hulanda Village & Spa(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$128
US$210
  • Pool
US$346
US$238
US$170
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$303
Hotwire.com
US$235
Travelocity
Pietermaai Boutique Hotel(Willemstad)(Great Value!)
US$281
US$133
All reviewsplunge poolsmall pooloutdoor showerminute walkformer conventwalking distancecomfort roominner courtyardgod sendcharming place to stayfast wifiwould stay againreception staffnice hotelnice showerstayed here for nightslocation is great
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I did quite a bit of research when choosing where to stay on Curacao before choosing this hotel. I thought the downtown location and the former purpose of the building looked pretty cool, and I really wanted to like it. I agree that after having seen it in person, the location is kind of weird. We had a rental car, so it wasn't a problem, but it's in a commercial area by a school and other businesses. We could hear traffic going by our room all night long, every night. I didn't see anything in the neighborhood we would want to walk to.

The service from the management was really what left me underwhelmed. I'm not sure if it was just the nature of the place (maybe people there aren't as warm as they are in other Latin/Caribbean countries), but the management sitting in their air-conditioned office seemed less-than-eager to help. The other staff (the women working in the kitchen, the chef, the bartender, the night watchman) were all friendly and helpful, though. The restaurant was excellent,and the chef was very flexible in dealing with dietary restrictions.

When my friend arrived a few hours before I did, she was checked in and saw that the price they quoted her was more expensive than what we'd received in our email reservation. We got that straightened out the next morning, but when she had checked in, they didn't really show her the room--we had no idea until the 2nd night that we had another little bedroom behind a locked door.

The way the bathroom shower is made, water was always left standing when you were done using it. And then when you closed the bathroom door, the towels didn't dry (no AC in bathroom) because of the humidity. I'm not sure why, but they didn't empty the trash while we were there.

I liked the garden area with the comfortable seats and beautiful tropical plants. Make sure you use insect repellent, though.

By the way, it was much muggier in that downtown area than where we stayed on the beach.

Room Tip: Not sure if there are rooms that don't face the street, but if there are, be sure to ask for one.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank Brasilicana
Reviewed 27 September 2011

It's a renovated abby a very long way from anywhere you would care to walk through a not so attractive neighborhood. A street bum wandered into the outdoor patio where I was trying to have a drink and dinner begging for money. Rooms a pretty goth and kind of stale and grimey. You can to better for the price in Willemstad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Derfy1357
Reviewed 21 September 2011

The hotel was a little challenging to find but I did find it. The best thing about the hotel is the restaurant. Yes pricey but the chef was very nice and cooked what we wanted. He cooked the seafood and it was heavenly!!!
If I had to do it again I wouldn't pay for breakfast because it is very expensive. It is convenient but it is the type of breakfast that you get at a Comfort Inn for free.
The first night we ended up sharing a bed because we didn't know there was a separate bedroom behind a locked door until we asked the next day about the cost of the room for what we were promised. The also wanted to charge us more than what was agreed so it is a good thing we had a copy of the email we sent them.
They don't have American adapters for electronics so make sure you have the round ones for Europe. There is free wireless, yeah. The neighborhood is transitioning so I wouldn't walk at night. You can also park on the street easily. Ask for a room away from the street because there is lots of traffic all times a night. The flowers on the property are really beautiful!
I was there for the jazz festival and the hotel has alot of information to help us navigate the event.
The last thing…mosquitoes are everywhere and I was bitten in the room many times. They do have bug spray.

I would stay again if I wanted to be in the town but I enjoyed the resorts better!

Room Tip: Away from the STREET!!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank atina1
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hotel Klooster is a very cute and quaint European style hotel. It is in a safe part of town about a 15 minute walk from the floating bridge and local shopping areas. We were there during a holiday,flag day, so many things were closed on the weekend. The hotel was very quiet, not a lot of guests in July, but it was a nice place to go and relax.

The rooms were small, perfect size, with a small tv. They were very clean and the AC worked great. It was quite relaxing. There are coffee pots in the room. Remember to bring an adapter and energy converter if you are coming from the US, as they have European outlets. We brought adapters but did not bring a converter.

The free WIFI was nice. They also had a breakfast in the morning, we did not eat there, but it looked plentiful. The staff there was amazing and very helpful. The interns were also great, kind and extremely helpful online and in person.

The pool is small, but nice to soak in on a hot afternoon.

I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2011

While visiting Curacao from neighboring island Bonaire for the Curacao North Sea Jazz festival (which was incredible, by the way!!) we looked for a small boutique hotel within walking of Willemstad. We found what we were looking for in "t Klooster" and more. How about being treated as a VIP-guest in a tastefully remodeled monastery? Former monastery chapel is now a stylish grand-cafe/restaurant, there is a secluded inner court yard with plunge pool and the rooms are perfect for a few days in the city.
We highly recommend "t Klooster" to friends & family