12 years ago I used to live in the Pietermaai street and the connection with Punda was dangerous at that time. The houses generally abandoned. The Pietermaai Smal apartments project (together with several other projects in the vicinity) extended the Punda city centre to the penstraat and created style, beauty and safety. Nowadays it's possible to eat, drink, swim, dive and relax at this beautiful part of Willemstad.
The small houses kept their (Dutch) Caribean identity and I noticed many local employees working around the pool and rooms.
Small minus: Although I paid approximately 150 dollars per night (late booking?) the company did not provide me with soap etc. And my apartment did not have a porch.
Chapeau voor de projectontwikkelaars die Curacao een stukje van zichzelf hebben teruggegeven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pietermaai District, once the area of the Curacao well-to-do, has untaken a huge make-over after a long period of neglect and abatement. However, the last 2 years Pietermaai District is working hard to be the new 'Quartier Latin' of Curacao.The colorful Pietermaai Apartments are located in the historical neighborhood of Pietermaai District in Willemstad. The apartments are divided from the sea by a narrow road. The center of Willemstad is only 500 meters away. Just like the neighborhoods Punda, Otrabanda, several clubs, shops, restaurants and cinema's. The well-known Cabana Beach is 4 km. Away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Pietermaai Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pietermaai Smal Apartments Hotel Willemstad
- Pietermaai Boutique Hotel Curacao/Willemstad