“Informative and Fun”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Informative and Fun”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

A few years now since our carribean cruise. 2009 to be precise. 5 years later and the part of the cruise that I remember the most is the tour of Curacao with Howard from Curacao Actief. The trouble with cruises is that there is not much time, so it was great to be collected and dropped off at the boat. Lunch was provided with cold drinks all day. For me, the highlight was seeing the Allies bombing target on the beach on the east side of the island, along with spent shells still intact nearly 70 years later.

Visited July 2013

Ottawa
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Two great tours with Curacao Actief”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our family was fortunate to visit Curacao in February of 2014. We looked at many tour companies and chose this one based on Trip Advisor reviews and the recommendation of a friend who lives on the island.
We took two tours, both with Larry - what a fun, well-informed guy! We spent a day on the World of Water tour and a half day on the Tugboat tour. Both included some island history and great snorkelling. The jeeps are a little hard on the bum - my creaky bones would have preferred a more comfortable seat - but I knew what I was getting into. Larry managed to captivate my children, aged 14 and 18, and even got them to pay attention to his description of the water cycle! Lunch on the full day tour was basic but filling. There was lots of water and lime water to drink - very useful for North Americans not used to the heat!
These folks are well worth the money. Take your time, look around, ask them questions. The staff are friendly and helpful and will assist you to pick an appropriate tour based on your needs.

Visited February 2014
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Jeep Tour with Howard--Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went on the Island Jeep Tour with the snorkeling option...It was the best part of our trip! Our tour guide Howard was knowledgeable, funny, interesting, and enthusiastic. The tour itself took us to amazing places we would not have seen otherwise. We began by taking a trip to the east side of the island-Howard knew so much about the terrain and could spot wildlife very easily. It was fantastic to be able to see birds and iguanas in their natural habitat. We then went to the cave and to the boka-both were quite breathtaking. From there we had lunch (provided) and then went to a scenic outlook. The snorkeling that came after was the best. We snorkeled in three different locations while we were there and this spot (Playa Lagun) had the most amazing fish, the most numerous fish, and the clearest, bluest water. Lastly we stopped at the salt ponds to see the flamingos. During the tour Howard pointed out historic landmarks such as where parts of the slave revolution took place and spotted a famous artist while he was working in his yard. All in all, the tour was great but our tour guide Howard made it extremely memorable. 10/10, would recommend.

Visited May 2014
Moncton, New-brunswick
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Would not recommend”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

First off let me begin with our driver was great - (Larry) - he was funny, timely and very informative. The truck itself was quite run down and in particular lacked good padding. Also there is a bar that was low and hindered our view so you were uncomfortable most of the ride . The sites for the first half was unremarkable- and at one point we stopped and admired the airport...... Which is nothing spectacular... We were also advised that the schedule was misrepresented and it had also changed since we had booked it. No caves and the jacuzzi natural pool was nothing to be amazed at either . Overall satisfactory tour but the island is a desert, dirty and apparently has muggings at the national parks. Next time I'm staying at the beach!

Visited May 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Roundtrip Pick Up from Airport to Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I strongly recommend that you DO NOT utilize this company as your transportation between the airport & resort you stay at. I was staying at the Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino from April 10th -14th 2014 and the pick up was fine at the airport. The BIGGEST Faux Paux was on the 14th they did not come and pick up to take me back to the airport. The resort, Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino, even attempted to call them twice the morning of the pick-up as well as my self from my cell phone. They did not even answer the phone. I waited in the Lobby at the front - IN CLEAR VIEW of everyone entering and leaving, for an hour and no one came. The bell hop showed his concern twice that I may miss my flight. The end result was I had to get call a Taxi and pay out-of-pocket on top of the pre payment that I had already paid Curacao Actief.
Very disappointing.