“Perfect place for a few beers, go elsewhere for a good meal” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pirate Bay Beach Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 269 Restaurants in Willemstad
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, International
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, View, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The friendliest and most tranquil place on Curaçao is at the picturesque Pirate Bay Beachclub and restaurant, where you will find all the right ingredients that an authentic Caribbean Beach Bar & Restaurant ought to have. With Spirited atmosphere, a sprinkle of salt and a healthy drizzle of YO HO HO, Pirate Bay is where people meet and friendly staff is serving up smiles with your ice cold drinks. Our tasty international and local dishes, served on the beach, with soft sand under your feet, while enjoying the beautiful sunset, are a definite must. Come enjoy our daily Happy hours from1 5pm-6pm and our Friday XL Happy hour from 5pm-7pm with swinging live music. And for the romantic spouses to-be, we offer a beautiful location for your unforgettable tropical wedding ceremony. We are open 7 days of the week from 9am till 11pm
Curacao
“Perfect place for a few beers, go elsewhere for a good meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Long time ago I had a terrible (Christmas) dinner experience at this place when it was still called 'Hook's Hut'.

This time things went much better. Reception and service were friendly and reasonably fast, seating was perfect on the beach with tables lit by candles. Also the roofed part of the restaurant had a very nice caribbean atmosphere and I loved the nice bar.

Due to the candle lights, it was almost impossible to read the menus. I find it strange that the restaurant does not provide flash lights with the menus, as guests are now breaking there eye balls over the menus in the dim light of their cellulars. No, I do not want to change the candles for brighter lights as they are part of the great atmosphere, just help the guests when studying the menus.

Food I ordered, a Ceasar salad only, was ok but nothing special and quite small. My friends liked the snapper fish and found the spare ribs ok. I took a bite of the spare ribs and did not like them as they were more bone than meat. But I may be spoiled, as I had the best spare ribs of the world in Eats/Legendz on Grand Cayman where the meat, covered with a delicious sauce, just fell of the white bones. Taking into consideration that there is not much light on the beach tables of Pirate Bay Restaurant, it is hard to finish your spare ribs when little meat is hard to seperate from much bone.

Further, Pirate Bay management is quite cheap on the potatos. We received a small cup and asked for the other two but were informed that the one cup was for three. So we had to order extra.

Conclusion: go Pirate Bay Curacao for a few cold drinks and enjoy the great atmosphere, but if you are hungry or in for some good food go elsewhere.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
“Great atmosphere good times with lotsa good memories”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

I used to come here often while attending school and it's a great place just to wind down, relax, take in the fresh sea air, and great food and service with first class hospitality. I remember coming here with my friends every so often and just chilling. The food is tasty and made fresh, priced great, and the overall atmosphere is wonderful. Service was first rate and the servers were attentive to the needs of the guests. I would recommend this place for great food at a descent price to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Hello,
I know this restaurant from the past "Hooks Hut" that was really good. A few years ago it's became Pirate Bay with a new owner. The menu is now very limited and no more local dishes. The fishsoup is very sauer and isn't good as in the Hooks Hut time... I think if you know the old style of the restaurant, you don't like the new style! So we won't be back!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Dennis S
Trinidad
“Stopped in for a snack”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

While on honeymoon, my husband and I found ourselves in the Piscadera area and stopped in at the Pirate Bay. We had plans for dinner so we just had a plate of nachos. It was just okay, but we didn't eat a full meal, which would probably have been nicer.

Visited September 2013