“SUP Curacao!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windsurfing Curacao

Windsurfing Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Windsurfing Curacao offers lessons and rentals on a lagoon in Curacao. Experienced instructors teach you how to windsurf on specialized beginner gear. This gear makes learning how to windsurf easy and fun! Locals also windsurf here and they'll gladly share the water with you.
Hermosa Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“SUP Curacao!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife and I rented Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) boards from Windsurfing Curacao during our visit last week, and had a great time! The South/West side of the island (where Windsurfing Curacao is located) is perfect for SUP. Owners Ingmar and Hilde were great - very friendly, and and also very helpful with advice regarding local winds and currents. They have several brand new boards as well, which are great; large enough for first-timers to learn and get comfortable quickly, but also light enough for more experienced SUPers to turn quickly and cruise around on. I highly recommend them if you are looking to SUP on Curacao! Of course I'm sure you will have an equally good experience windsurfing there, but we had so much fun on the SUPs that we never tried the windsurfing. Oh well...we will have to go back and visit again!

Visited November 2011

Danbury, Connecticut
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Easy to learn and very friendly Instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

I cannot say enough for Windsurfing Curacao!! When we arrived it was like walking onto the Isle of the Greek Gods, with a ton of buff, tan 6 foot tall men with flowing gold locks wandering about. I felt a little out of place, but that didn't last long. Our instructor was Sam, a windsurfing afficianado from the Netherlands. He was super friendly and got started teaching my husband and I on a surfboard on land. After that we moved right into the water and after about 10 minutes we were windsurfing on our own. Neither of us are particularly athletic and we have terrible balance. We both fell in a lot but as Sam said, "falling in is the only way to learn." After a little while, we were barely falling at all and windsurfing pretty efficiently. They have nice wide boards with relatively small sails- a great way for beginners to learn. We paid for a one hour lesson, but they let us stay out in the bay tooling around for closer to two hours.

Overall we loved this place and would recommend it to anyone looking to have a good time. As long as you're fit enough to fall off a board a whole bunch of time you can learn to windsurf!!

Visited July 2011