“bad experience!”

Windsurfing Curacao
More attraction details
Owner description: Windsurfing Curacao offers lessons and rentals on a lagoon in Curacao. Experienced instructors teach you how to windsurf on specialized beginner gear. This gear makes learning how to windsurf easy and fun! Locals also windsurf here and they'll gladly share the water with you.
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I just had the WORST experience with this company. The only reason I even gave it a 1/5 is because their equipment was good. I had signed up for a one hour SUP. I'm an experienced paddle boarder, but not an expert. We were told conditions were windy but fine to go out and that if we weren't back after 2 hours someone would come looking for us. We literally lasted about 20 minutes before our arms gave up and we drifted too far from shore onto someones dock. THREE HOURS go by and no one came looking for us!! Eventually we got on one board to paddle back to shore (it was useless) but a kind old gentleman on a dinghy eventually towed us back to shore. Once there, the LAZIEST interns I've ever met just shrugged their shoulders telling us that the windsurfers had to come back with the boat too. They didn't bother to look for us though? On top of it all, they tried to make us pay for the 3 hours we were gone. Anyway, I will never recommend this company to anyone and I hope you are all aware of what you're getting into before you do it!

2  Thank JF123147278
ingcur, Owner at Windsurfing Curacao, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

This client did indeed receive bad service, for which we are indeed to blame.
We have strict safety protocols in place that prevents such an event to happen, but on this specific incident we had the "chain" break on two places. None of which were the clients fault.
We have reviewed what went wrong internally and changed procedure to prevent this from happening again. I reached out personally to the client, but unfortunately have not received a reply.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We were picked up by the owner at our hotel to save money on a taxi and taken to a lagoon for lesson. On the ride to and from, we learned more about the country.
When we started our lesson, Bas, our instructor, was thorough and very patient. My 2 teenagers picked up the skills right away and I got up and going a couple of times. Wish we could have taken more lessons but we were leaving the next day.

Reviewed 22 February 2013 via mobile

Paid for the full package of 4 lessons. Great fun and friendly instructors! Big thanks to Hilde and Josh

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was our first time windsurfing, and we left with nothing but great memories. What an incredible experience! Hilade picked us up at the cruise port and drove us to a private cove that was near town, but yet quiet. We spent 90 minutes learning the basics both on land and in the water. We were on our own boards within 30 minutes and loving the experience. They are hosting an international windsurfing event in May 2012!!!! This is a growing operation with great personalized service. Not fancy ammenities, but a great location. Don't miss this opportunity.

1  Thank ladycat23
Reviewed 13 November 2011

My wife and I rented Stand-Up Paddle (SUP) boards from Windsurfing Curacao during our visit last week, and had a great time! The South/West side of the island (where Windsurfing Curacao is located) is perfect for SUP. Owners Ingmar and Hilde were great - very friendly, and and also very helpful with advice regarding local winds and currents. They have several brand new boards as well, which are great; large enough for first-timers to learn and get comfortable quickly, but also light enough for more experienced SUPers to turn quickly and cruise around on. I highly recommend them if you are looking to SUP on Curacao! Of course I'm sure you will have an equally good experience windsurfing there, but we had so much fun on the SUPs that we never tried the windsurfing. Oh well...we will have to go back and visit again!