“Amazing seafood risotto in a picture perfect setting”
Review of Perla Del Mar

Perla Del Mar
Ranked #21 of 277 Restaurants in Willemstad
Price range: US$12 - US$35
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Unique international restaurant in the heart of the historic waterfort Arches (Boogjes) in Downtown We are a ocean view seafood and steakhouse Grill restaurant with vegan options and can make any special options for your diet .
Culpeper, Virginia
“Amazing seafood risotto in a picture perfect setting”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We heard from a few people at our resort that we should try Perla Del Mar while we were in Curacao. They were right, and this restaurant does not disappoint! It is located just a little out of the main town of Willemstad; just far enough to not be in the middle of it all but in a very cool location - tucked into an old fort where they use the old arches as dining rooms, kitchens, shops, etc. I had the seafood risotto which I had to have taken away from me before I ate enough to make me ill. Others I went with had the seafood platter and a meat platter...everyone raved. You can eat in or outdoors and we were lucky enough to get a table at the waters edge where waves were coming right up to the rocks. We will be back and look forward to great food and service again!

• Visited November 2013

• Korean first
Saginaw, Texas
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

As they say in real estate, location location location! And this definitely has a great one. The waves softly crashed into the rocks right by our table, just far enough away so as not to splash us. We ordered the escargot and thought they were some of, if not the best we've ever had. The linguini del mer was great and had an ample serving of big juicy shrimp. The tuna steak was grilled to perfection and served in a huge portion. Paired with a bottle of their house wine and this meal was a dream. It was the last place we visited on our honeymoon and was the perfect way to end our trip.

Visited October 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Good meal and great setting”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Great combination of local flair dishes and "safe" ones for all tastes. When we travel we like to have what the local have and were not disappointed. While this restaurant is geared more toward visitors than locals, it still had local flavor. I had a mixed seafood dish and my spouse had the grouper. Both dishes were very flavorful and fresh.

We enjoyed a nice table over the water crashing against the rocks below us...and we didn't get wet.

Visited October 2013
Haifa, Israel
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We were a group of four adults. The food was overall good, but overpriced, in our opinion. what particularly disturbed me was the fact that we were charged for bottled water which was automatically served to us and then left on the table and replaced when emptied. Tap water in Curacao is great for drinking, and we would never have ordered the bottled water had we known it would be billed. With all the options available, I wouldn't go back.

• Visited October 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“terrible”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

I am an avid listener of Trip Advisor for travel advice, but this restaurant makes me question my decision to listen to the reviews. I am horrified by this experience and it was #19!!!! I want my money back so bad it isn't even funny. The meal cost $125 USD and it was AWFUL. First, they were out of chardonnay. There were like 10 bottles of wine total on the menu and no chardonnay at 6:15 pm? seriously? Next, my husband ordered a pasta with pesto. He tried to add shrimp, which the waiter told us we could not do. I don't understand how that is even possible. We are on an island surrounded by water. Then, after 22 minutes waiting for our entree, the waiter comes back and tells us they don't have pesto so my husband can't have his dish. No chardonnay and no pesto? After some time our meals come. My husband's shrimp come with a potato with sour cream (which he hates) and my seafood pasta comes. Two of the four mussels were bad. The rest of the pasta was edible, minus the calamari which I'm pretty sure was frozen mixed in. The only reason I give this restaurant a 1 is because of the ambience. Beautiful sunset. Thank goodness we got there early enough to see it because I would have been irate had we just had this as a restaurant experience. Our waters also remained empty the entire time but I'm learning that is just "island" behavior. We've eaten at other restaurants this trip that were fabulous. I would hate for anyone to pay for an experience here when there are so many other good options.

• Visited October 2013