“East side tour a good pick!”
Review of Irie Tours

Irie Tours
Ranked #11 of 116 Tours in Willemstad
More attraction details
Owner description: Our personal Touch & Love for Curacao make our Tours the best!! Irie Tours is well-known for offering: Safe & High quality excursions Personalized & professional guided tours We cater small as well as large groups We have a wide variety of fun tours to offer, from east to west and everything in between. From the planning stage, to the day of your trip and beyond, our team will do everything we can to ensure you have a wonderful island vacation! We do this by making our tours fun and treating customers like family! And on top of it all, we are extremely proud and honored to have received the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 4 years in a row since 2013. The Irie Tours office is located beneath Restaurant De Gouverneur, right in front of the ferry station on the Otrobanda side of town. Our 2nd office is located in the Renaissance Hotel on the 2nd floor. this office is open every day of the week from 9:00am - 5:00 pm
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We had hoped to do the West island tour which I think allows you to see more of the island but because of when our ship, Carnival Liberty, was getting into port, there wasn't time for that longer tour. So Irie recommended the shorter East Side tour, which was a good choice. We were welcomed with bottled Polar beer which we enjoyed on the bus trip. We saw a good part of the island and got a solid history lesson of the Dutch heritage, also went to the Blue Curaçao distillery and sampled many liqueurs. We watched the World Cup US vs Belgium game at the other major stop, a tremendous beach called Seaquarium Beach. Had shops and bars and a nice big concert-like screen TV to watch the game at almost life size proportions. Nice diving dock and rock formations you could swim out to. Lived this beach, could've spent the entire day there, the one hour wasn't quite enough! Would recommend this trip for all ages. Fun driver Sylvian, was very informative as a native from this Dutch colony island. Did not book this excursion thru Carnival, which I would highly recommend. (They mark everything up bigtime). Just emailed them and pd them on the tour. They waited for us at cruise terminal with a sign. Suggest bringing cash, they told us credit card was fine too but it took longer than the cash transactions. I think it was $25 pp or so. Reasonable and worth it.

1  Thank KayBee17

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I haven't been on my tour yet but I can't wait until next month to write my full review. All I can say is Sadira is great. Quick response to my emails and so far I have sent many adding people to our tour. But no complaints from Sadira. Just a quick update and response. Even told me my whole group doesn't have to come together just give them the location. I wish all my tour bookings were this easy. I will definitely write my full review next month. But as of now everything is great, can't wait.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Had a great time w ariel as our driver-he was very imformativ of all sites & all things concerning our trip. He even taught us what a chicken of the tree was :) had a great time & would definately take yr bus tiur again :)

Reviewed 3 July 2014

The three hour Eastside tour is a perfect introduction to the island. It's significantly cheaper than cruise ship tours, includes soft drinks, water and beer, and very knowledgeable guides. The Sea Aquarium beach stop was really great -- I wasn't expecting it to be, but that is a beautiful place, and the people at the bars, etc. were very friendly. I had pre-booked this tour, and was glad I had because doing research pays off. People on another tour (different company) near us in the loading zone were SO jealous when they realized ours included drinks! I highly recommend this company and would gladly tour with them again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I love to snorkel but we were looking for something different since we had a nice snorkeling excursion the day before while in Aruba. After doing some research and asking some Facebook friends, Irie tours came highly recommended. It was a 3 hour tour (... a 3 hour tour) on an old school bus that hit the highlights and historical sights of the city, along with a stop at the Curacao distillery. Beer, water, and juice included. The guide was knowledgeable and funny. The tour concluded with a stop at a gorgeous beach (don't recall the name) that has some shopping, pools, and restaurants. Amazingly enough they didn't ask for payment ($25/pp) until just before the drive back to the ship, and as we paid the guide gave everyone refrigerator magnets that was a replica of the bus! This was a nice and informative tour that I would recommend to anyone.