“Great location but bad food and even worse service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of AzZuro

AzZuro
Ranked #111 of 272 Restaurants in Willemstad
Cuisines: Seafood, European, Bar
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located on Blue Bay Resort, but open to the public
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Great location but bad food and even worse service”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I'm sorry to say this because I do love the resort but the food and service are really bad, and seem to get worse every year. The staff of Azzurro is so bad mannered and lazy, sometimes I imagined someone was playing a practical joke on me.

Please management of Blue Bay Resort do something about this, because a good restaurant with nice service can make the resort so much more attractive for tourists or locals to visit!

Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“Awful”
Reviewed 13 May 2013

Slow to,be seated, dis interested staff , slow service.food mediocre and bill large.
Went back to try again and my order was not given to the kitchen and the young boy was not even polite enough to apologize.never go there is my advice

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 769Mon
chagrin falls
“Seaside lunch with sand between your toes”
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Went for leisurely lunch with family. Got front row seating on the beach - fabulous view. Moderate pricing for lunch. I ordered the egg/bacon sandwich w/curry mayo (think triple decker club with hard boiled egg instead of turkey). $10 USD. OMG. It was amazingly good. My sons ordered the penne pasta arrabiata (which they said was the best ever). $14 USD. My hub got the chicken satay w/peanut sauce & grilled pineapple. $14 USD. Our youngest ordered a pancake off the kid's menu. $5 USD. Service was friendly, and not rushed (we figured out by end of trip that any sit-down meal lasted about 2 hrs whereever you go on island. You must always ask for check). My only complaint was that we spent almost $100 USD for lunch and drinks, and still had to pay an additional $28 USD for "admission" for 5 to Blue Bay beach (price included lounge chairs, showers, playground and pool).

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank islandjule
Toronto, Ontario
“Needs a lot of improvement”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We went to Azzuro on a Monday night without a reservation. We had tried calling ahead to make one, but our call went unanswered. When we arrived, we were told that they only had 2 tables available and both were basically at the entrance to the restaurant when the servers were coming in and out of the kitchen. Not a huge deal. The decor of the restaurant was very nice and the tables further in seemed to have a good view. My boyfriend and I each ordered a drink and once we had finished those, we waited ages to get a second, which was funny considering each server had to run by our table quite a few times to enter and exit the kitchen. I had the lobster bisque as an appetizer and it was okay. A little on the salty side but I'm not a big salt person. My boyfriend had the Caesar salad, which was huge (too big for an appetizer as he was practically full when he finished it). He said it was okay. For my main, I had shrimp in garlic, which I thought would be a light garlic butter but they were actually swimming in thick garlic butter sauce - the kind you would find smeared on frozen garlic bread. It was bad. My boyfriend had the steak and it was flavourless and fatty. It was also served with the most off coloured, sad piece of broccoli I have ever seen. I wish I had taken a picture of it (it was actually humourous how gross it looked and I can't believe a restaurant actually served it). I must also comment on how poor the service was. It's not just that it was slow (which it was), but it seemed like the servers had no training and considering the restaurant automatically tacked on an 8% service fee, there was no point trying to do a good job because 8% was all they were getting (they probably don't even see that full 8% either). Overall, the worst restaurant we have been to on the island.

Helsinki, Finland
“Average food, prices okay”
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed in Blue Bay Village so we also ate at Azzuro few times. Breakfast is nothing special, basic breakkie style with eggs, bacon and coffee. As for lunch a ate parma ham salad for few times. That was delicious! Hubby had a beef tartar, that looked and apparently tasted delicious.

I loved the atmosphere and the fact that restaurant is on the beach. You can also sit behind round shaped bar and enjoy the view of turqoise beach.

• Visited November 2011