“Definetely not a 4-star hotel.”

Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We stayed at this Floris Suite in room # 22, during the weekend, starting on Dec. 9th, 2011. This was a bad experience. The room was dirty and dark; some lights were missing or not functioning. Mildew smell in the room noticed; even our clothes got the hint of the mildew odor. The kitchen counter and the stove hood were extremely dirty; coffee maker also dirty and old. The A/C was dripping water on the floor in the room. Bathroom ceiling was smudged due to leaking of a pipe which is running in the ceiling. The turning dish in the microwave is missing; the housekeeper was so friendly to replace it with one of another room. When this housekeeper arrived, the couch and the fridge were cleaned. She tried to remove the odor by spraying from a can, to no avail. We spoke to the General Manager Frank Holtslag; would change the room; however, he never came back....
Of course, we are very disappointed. Marketing does not reveal to the expectations of the so needed tourists. Management is very well known the missing of the regular maintenance; please help our Curacao.

Room Tip: Proper maintenance is required
Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank curacaocustomer

Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed at this hotel on Dec.2011 and it wasn't what the photos show. I only stayed for 4 days, but one night was more than enough to adress the bad qualities:
1. NO hot water!
2. Horrible and intense mildew smell inside the whole room.
3. NO privacy in room, room is big with both ends having large crystal doors, only one side had a curtain, the others were see-through.
4. Kitchen counter-top was extremely dirty, lots of old greasy spots.
5. A/C was dripping water onto floor.
6. Many details of hygiene and decoration really not maintained.
7. Bathroom roof had mildew spots all over.
Overall, I did not enjoy my stay even though my trip was just for business, seems like a hotel that is pit-falling.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank qwerty181
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2011

Dear Qwerty181,

We are very sorry to know that your stay was below our standards.
Everyday we work hard to make improvements to our property and I am truly sorry if we fell short on your suite. We will certainly check your suite immediately to see what needs to be corrected. We are glad you found the service of our staff good. We hope you will visit us again in the future and I will personally make sure your experience will be a great one.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

I stayed at Floris Suites with my family in january 2010 and it was a good place to be. The hotel is very beautiful, with a lovely architecture and modern decoration in the fashion of a tropical villa, and very well located at Piscadera Bay, just 15 minutes by car from Punda/Otrobanda.

Rooms are very large and clean, each one with a terrace where you can relax in a hammock or stretcher. The common area of the pool is unique, very large and beautiful and with lots of trees, a bar and plenty of space to sun bath, read a book or simply relax. This is one of the aspects I liked more during my stay.

Breakfast is like a Continental one, with a few extras here and there. Staff is fabulous and very attentive with the guests!

The only issue I found was that the rooms (at least mine) needed a better decoration. The bed wasn´t very comfortable, sheets seemed too short for the mattress and the general aspect of the room was something "empty", for it was really big and the furniture somewhat small in comparison.

There are a few tourist services in the hotel that helped us during our stay, such as an Avis Rental Office. They´re very courteous and at hand, considering the fact that with a car you can get to know the whole island in a few days without too much effort.

All in all, I can say that Floris Suites is a good choice to stay in Curaçao, with a very honest price.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms facing the pool!
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Caetas
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Dear Caetas,

Thank you for your review.
Improvements are well underway! New bed linens and comforters, new flat screen TV's, upgraded services and much more to come.
We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and we hope you will come and visit us again sometime in the near future. Also our restaurant Sjalotte has a fabulous new Chef and the food and atmosphere is fantastic.

Reviewed 22 November 2011

We spend 3 days in Floris Suite Hotel after staying 5 days in Blue Bay Village. Hotel had a very good price less than $100 a night. Floris Suite hotel is very attractive, have a contemporary reception area, pool area was just gorgeous, with large trees and garden details. Our room was very modern, new, clean and spacious with comfortable king size bed. Small kitchenette has good refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. Room had a nice view of the gardens and had a spectacular balcony. No Wi-Fi in the room, but there is Wi-Fi in the lobby, there is computer to, but you have to buy card to use it.
We rented a small car. Centrum supermarket was about 2 miles away; it has good bakery and everything you find in a medium size supermarket: vine, beer, sodas, fruit, cereal, milk, very good yogurts, eggs, etc.
Hotel’s private beach called “Pirate Bay Beach Club" is not good, pretty small and overcrowded. You have to walk 10 minute down unappealing road to get to the beach. One morning we decided to take early swim, but beach was closed. Unfriendly lady told us to come after 8:30. For comparison private beach in Blue Bay Village was always open and you do not have to bring towels with you. I loved beach in Curacao Marriott Beach Resort & Emerald Casino which is 5 minute walk from Floris Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank InnaTs
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear InnaTS,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and the accommodations. We are proud of our tropical gardens and our private pool area. We are glad you found the hotel very attractive. The beach is indeed a short walk down the road and hopefully when some of the work being done is completed it will be a pleasant walk again. We are sorry to hear that your early morning swim could not take place. We will certainly address the way the opening time was communicated to you. Our sincere apologies for not offering an alternative. We hope to welcome you back one day in the future. Our fine dining restaurant Sjalotte is in a beautiful setting, provides a wonderful experience to end your sun filled day of Island living. We hope you had the chance to join us in Sjalotte as well. We highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Since my first visit in Aug '11 I was back twice and thoroughly enjoyed each & every visit. The level of hospitality at Floris is commendable! Each and every employee I met at Floris was friendly and accommodating. So much so that I feel compelled to mention some of them by name: Natalie (Reservations), Solange & Laika 2 (Housekeeping), Juliene & Gilberto (Frontdesk). Keep it up, Guys!

I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone: great accommodations, tranquil atmosphere, wonderful service.You won't be dissapointed.

Sophia van Dinter
Maho Village, Sint Maarten

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SophiaVanDinter
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2011

Dear Sophia van Dinter,

Thank you so much for your kind review.
We have shared your feedback with our associates.
Every single day we do our best to make our guest experience a special one.
Reviews like this make us work even harder to ensure each and every guest has a wonderful time. We hope to be able to welcome you back at Floris Suite in the near future.

Reviewed 25 September 2011

So many times online you see pictures of hotels that look really nice...only to arrive and find that they took distorted pictures of not-so-nice places. This is NOT the case with Floris Suites.

My room - the imperial suite with pool view - was just as lovely as the pictures. A very firm king-sized bed in the first room attached to a kitchen and sitting room in the back. All of that backed up to the pool for a gorgeous room with a view. I was beyond pleased.

To say the hotel exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. It was lovely. The pool is very nice and the gardens were very well-kept. The staff friendly. The price!?  Oh, so right!

There were no cheesy blue tropical linens as would be expected at Breezes. Instead we had a lovely, comfortable suite that was steps from the beautiful pool complete with stark white sheets and duvet. It was wonderful.

Not a ton of kids - major plus for the single woman. Nobody trying to sell me anything, yet the pool bar was open every time I was there browning myself. Major plus.

I can't even think of how else to describe how wonderful this place is. Floris Suites exceeded all of my expectations and I would definitely stay there again if I were to travel to Curacao in the future.

Beautiful is the best word to describe it.

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank LyndsayK
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2011

Dear LyndsayK,

Thank you so much for staying at Floris Suite Hotel, Curacao. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay. We have renewed initiatives to make sure all are guests are treated with the utmost friendly and professional care.
We are glad you liked your Suite. As you know all are rooms are Suites. I am glad you found the hotel of good value. Unlike other hotels we include: free internet access, free parking,beach access with lounge chairs, shuttle etc. We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future and we will be ready to provide you a again with a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 18 September 2011

We were there also 5 years ago and the time seems to have stood still. Our suite (nr 51) absolutely needed maintenance. We had to put the fridge on the max to have our drinks a little bit cold. The steamhood in the kitchen was extremely dirty, it seemed as if it hadn't been cleaned for years. There was rust on the ceiling in the bathroom. The reception promised us three times to bring a tablet for the dishwasher but they didn't. Last time I was at the reception I insisted on taking it with me directly. Because of Curacao North Sea Jazz I was promised a parking pass but I had to ask for it myself. Checkout was very in-efficient and took me more than 30 mins.

One positive point: The restaurant staff was very friendly and helpful.

We won't go back here!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
General_Mgr_Floris, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2011

Dear Mr. Houweling,

Thank you for taking your valuable time and bringing this matter to our attention. We regret the annoyance/inconvenience that this may have caused to you. The hotel is actively working to improve facilities and service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable. Your comments will help us serve all of our guest better in the future.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to your continued patronage and wish you the best in your endeavors.