“Not so good”

Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Arnhem, The Netherlands
“Not so good”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've stayed here a few nights on a business trip. When I arrived they gave me a room which was less than the company paid for. As a compensation they would give me breakfast, which was very good, but the room was very bad considering the price. It was dirty, the aircon leaked, the floor on the loft was terrible,etc. Fortunatly they could give me a better room the next day (and I had to pay for the breakfast myself again of course...). The room was big and with a kitchen. The pool looked nice, the beach is a walk away and the gym was small but okay.
But to be honest, I don't like hotels where they play loud music in the lobby (and to hear in the rooms) all night long. I would not stay here if I had to pay it myself; for the price I would expect more service (the staff is not very friendly) and more comfort.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Dear Pleuni,

Thank you for your feedback.
We regret your stay was not as good of an experience as it should be. We take your notes seriously and we are making improvements in several areas every day. We would like to see you back one day so that we can give you renewed positive experience. The music is not always loud in our lobby. We do have a very nice happy hour every Friday from 6pm-9pm that is lively and very much enjoyed by our hotel guests. We are glad you liked our breakfast and your second upgraded room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
St. Maarten-St. Martin
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at Floris Suite Hotel on a business visit, but can't wait to return to visit with my partner. We've been looking for a nice hotel on Curacao for an upcoming vacation and I think I found it. I love the hobby and the pool area and the room I stayed in was huge and well designed. We had a slight problem with the AC, but the staff was quite responsive once notified. Like I said, can't wait to stay there again and to enjoy the happy hour experience. :)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Lys C,

Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked the hotel as a business traveler and want to come back with your partner to enjoy as well. Business travelers like FLORIS, Curacao a lot because of the spacious rooms, the easy parking and the good very reliable and free internet. Also our fine dinging restaurant Sjalotte is exeprienced as a nice addition. We look forward to your next visit. We will be ready to Spoil you.
Hoofddorp
Reviewed 2 July 2013 via mobile

First time Curacao. Floris suite is the perfect spot ! The entrance of the hotel brings you directly in the tropical mood with smooth lounge music, friendly greeted by staff. The whole entourage gives a lounge home feeling !
Some maintenance need to be done to the bathroom but didn't really bother.
When visiting Curacao again, Suite hotel Floris we will stay again !

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Massihpersad,

We are glad you will come and see us again!
It is good to hear the staff was friendly and attentive. We will keep doing our best!
Bonaire
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Stayed for a few nights and had a relaxing time. The service was excellent. The restaurants is said to be one of the best in Curacao and that was also super. Property is close to the beach and other resorts and restaurants and fun places are in walking distance. Excellent property if you want privacy. Good job done with the services too, staff was friendly and attend. Love it !!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nancy H
Dear Nancy H,

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoyed FLORIS, Curacao and our Restaurant Sjalotte. Everyday we make a new start with providing the best service possible and providing accomodations in comfort and style for our guests. We recently added a new private beach and new personalized services. We hope to see you back sometime soon.
Atlanta
Reviewed 27 June 2013

We stayed here for a week. It was our first visit to Curacao. Floris is in the perfect location for a first visit. We rented a car and had zero problems finding the hotel or anything else, easy in and out to the whole island.

Since we rented a car it was very nice to have secure parking. When we arrived the lobby and check in was very nice. They have naturally flavored cold water which was great coming and going through out the stay. Our room was huge and very nice. We had a seperate living room, kitchen and bedroom. Also a very nice large balcony with an out door dinning area. The kitchen was great and we cooked 1/2 our meals while there. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The only thing I would do to add to the rooms is a little, very little, wall art. This would change the rooms from nice to wonderful. I love the minimalist and modern look, but the lack of wall art just made the place look bare. All it needed was one piece in the living room and I would have felt I was in a very fancy hotel. But that is getting really really picky. We didn't need wall art.

The pool area is wonderful. This is not a place many families stay, which we loved because we didn't have our kids with us. I love my kids, but when we go on an adult trip I prefer to not be at a resort that has kids running around. There are a couple nights that the hotel has a happy hour and it is fun, but most times it is quiet. They always had a lot of towels and there was never a problem finding chairs. We were there over spring break, a busy time, and all of their services were very good.

The beach options are wonderful. Short walk to the two you have to choose from. Pirates bay is very pretty with a small beach and a restaurant. The Hilton beach is a bigger beach and less people but no restaurant. The Marriott and the Hiltons restaurants are just a short walk though.

The only down side to this location is that there aren't any good places to eat. There are many choices, non of them affordable and non of them very good. The worst is the restaurant at the hotel. This was disappointing but since we had a full kitchen and a car it wasn't a big deal to cook or drive to a restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrolfes
Frank H, General Manager at Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear MRolfes,

Thank you foryour wonderful review.
We are glad you like our "Designed for Adults" concept. It is very much appreciate by our guests and we are doing well with it.
We certainly hope to see you back sometime in the future at FLORIS, Curacao
Willemstad
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed for 1 night on June 12th 2013. It was a surprise for my boyfriends birthday and checked out late the next day.
Our check in was smooth and fast. Sharry the receptionist was very kind and profesional. The entire staff was warm and friendly. This is not a big hotel it is more like a nice and quite retreat, very intimate and private. the rooms and gardens are well mantained. A big thank you !!! and I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: i stayed in suite #18. Close to all the Hotel amenities.