Let me start by saying that we must have read over a hundred reviews of this resort before we booked it! The common thread was to set your expectations at the right level. We read good and bad. We hoped for the best and prepared for the worst.
We had a great time! The location is great, the staff were all friendly and helpful. We did book preferred club in Flamingo (building 8) and it was worth it to us even just to have the air conditioned area to check in, out and ask any questions. They were very attentive and friendly. We did have an issue early on with our keys and they ultimately could not get us into our room without replacing the entire door lock. This was a little frustrating waiting a couple hours to resolve but merely a bump in the road. Room was clean and cleaned well daily. We barely used mini bar but what we used was replaced.
Food is really the challenge here from our experience. Buffet is average but gets pretty boring after a couple of days. A few changes daily but nothing earth shaking. We ate at 3 of the 4 restaurants....two words here...ISLAND TIME! If you don't arrive before they open, prepare to wait a couple hours. If you do get seated, prepare to wait a couple hours. These are not run very efficiently. We did really enjoy Hitmisu (sp?) for both food and entertainment. Food was ok at Italian place but REALLY slow (45 min. To take our order). Food and unfriendly server/hostess at Bluewater Grill ruined that one for us.
Bottom line is for the money, this is a great value. You can stay put and never spend another penny and enjoy it! Beach was great with a good variety of fish to see, unlimited use of water "craft" and always an open chair and usually cabanas or umbrellas. I would recommend it if you can't afford to spend an arm and a leg for a week!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad