We travelled to sunscape sept 21-28 and we are both avid travelers. I felt the need to write this review after being scared and horrified before flying out to Curacao ( I was looking for other hotel options at the time! ) HOWEVER We were happily surprised. Yes this is a hotel in transition but we were VERY HAPPY with our stay there!
can start by saying that like a lot of the other reviewers we were a little scared reading other peoples experiences prior to leaving for our trip. Upon our arrival we were scared thinking that this may actually be true. The group in front of us were fighting and yelling with the staff in the prefered lounge stating they did not have the correct room, beds ect. Nothing was right for them, accourding to the guest. We waited patiently and when it was our turn to be assisted staff greeted us with a smile and made sure that we were checked in and had everything in order. No problems. We were then escorted to our room by Zerick (? spelling) and he gave us a tour of all the facilities as he helped to bring our luggage to the room with concierge.
Our room was clean, spacious and had the beautiful ocean front view that we had booked. No complaints there! Only complaint on the room is the beds are literally as hard as rocks. Housekeeping did their best to fix that by putting on a mattress pad but i think its time to replace those beds..otherwise each day our mini bar was replenished. If we needed anything room service was easily accessible and they brought us additional drinks, foods ect in a timely manner. They even came around 6 pm to give us fresh beach towels for the next day!
The bars never ran our of alcohol, so i dont know what other people are complaining about! if we requested a specific alcohol and they had it - we got it. All bar staff was friendly!
Restaurants were all good, however a couple tips - the grill you need to get there exactly at 630 when they open for dinner otherwise the line piles up all the beepers get passed out and you end up waiting hrs for dinner. I guess time to enjoy the nightly entertainment on the pool deck or a drink from sugar reef? Live and learn i guess. Otherwise the rest of the food was pretty good, not excellent but not terrible. We went for the views and relaxation so didnt matter to us.
The concierge desk was very helpful setting up activities. reasonable prices. we would reccomend the dolphin swim! or catamaran boat trip. very fun.
overall an excellent trip! thank you Sunscape staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad