“Would Return in a Heartbeat”

Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Baltimore, Maryland
“Would Return in a Heartbeat”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I cannot believe we stayed at the same resort that previous reviewers, who had so many negative things to say, stayed. What a difference several months apparently makes. Also, perhaps the 7 million dollar investment the new owners made are now paying dividends.

My wife and I love the tropics and we decided to celebrate our 30th anniversary at the Sunscape Curacao. I wanted it to be something special for the two of us. I was pretty concerned after reading some of the previous reviews on Trip Advisor. So much so, that I had a fallback plan to stay at another hotel.
However, we experienced none of the negative issues reported by previous reviewers. My wife and I felt Sunscape compared very favorably with many of the hotels we stayed in on other Caribbean Islands and in Mexico. Most importantly we were impressed enough that we are making plans to return.
If I were to give only one piece of advice I would suggest you pay, if you are able, the additional fee to secure a Preferred Club Unit as we did. The Preferred Club is in building 8. It has its own pool and private beach area. This is one of the newer buildings on the property and the rooms were recently updated, as have all the rooms in the other buildings in the resort. We were in room 8117. It was on the first floor so all you had to do was walk out the patio door to the pool and beach. However, some may prefer a unit on the top floor (better ocean view).
Following is a more in depth review of specific areas
Check-In
Our check-in was smooth and flawless. As soon as we gave the front desk our name we were escorted to the Preferred Club room and offered a welcoming glass of champagne and fruit juices. We were asked to complete a simple check-in form, given a resort map, a quick orientation and we were on our way to the room. If you register for the preferred club you will avoid long lines at the check-in desk by bypassing it and going right next door to the preferred club room.
Service/Staff
Just about everyone I passed from the grounds keepers to the maids, security, bellmen and cooks, if I smiled and said hello they would smile and say something back. If I asked a question, they would try to answer. Some speak better English than others but I found most understood what I was saying. I can only think of one person, one of the bartenders at the main bar who seemed disinterested and rude. It’s funny; I saw him on the first day and never saw him again after that.
I want to recognize just a few of those individuals who made our trip so special
Jonathan and Astrid, in the middle of our vacation the screw in my glasses came loose and a lens fell out. My wife went to the front desk and they called maintenance. Now when I think of maintenance I think of hammers and wrenches but Jonathan and Astrid had a tiny eyeglass screwdriver and according to my wife spent 20 or 30 minutes replacing the lens and reseating the screw in the frame. If it wasn’t for them I would have spent the rest of my vacation wearing a monocle.
Norma(aka. Baby Love), the daytime bartender in the Oceana Bar was funny and made great drinks. I even taught her to make a "Painkiller" Try her sweet sunshine but be careful, they can sneak up on you. Also the grill cook at Oceana, I believe it was Iona, tell her I recommended her grilled onions on her fish sandwich. She will either laugh or hit you with a spatula. I had a great time all week convincing her grilled onions enhanced the flavor of her Mahi-Mahi sandwich. Enrique, the waiter/wine steward in the Italian restaurant was very attentive and seemed to know what I was thinking before I even asked a question. Chin Ping the bartender at the lobby bar, has the good stuff hidden away and told great stories. The lobby bar is a great place to go and Chin is a good person to see for an after dinner drink
One last thing on this topic, even though this is an all-inclusive resort tipping is always appreciated. It doesn’t have to be a lot but at the end of the day I would tip those who I thought provide outstanding service. The next day those people would always remember what drink you ordered, give you an extra towel or bring you clean plate.
Activities
There always seemed to be things to do during the day and night. The resort offers free use of non-motorized water toys wind surfers, kayaks, Hobie Cats and snorkeling gear, along with free instructions. I would recommend if you like to snorkel to bring your own fins and mask. The resort has an adequate supply but they do put a time limit on your use of the mask and snorkel. If you have teenagers and they like the water you should have no trouble keeping them occupied. If you prefer motorized watersports they can be found at Mambo Beach a short walk or bicycle ride away. At night there always seemed to some kind of entertainment going on at the main pool or a movie on the lawn near the wedding gazebo.
Beach
The Sun Scape has a ¼ mile long shoreline, protected by a man made seawall that makes for a large saltwater like swimming pool-no waves, no current. The beach is mostly fine powder sand and has a number of shelters and palm trees to provide plenty of shade. In one of the picture I posted you can see there are 3 separate beach areas. Two larger ones separated by a point, where the water toys are located, and a smaller one at the far right located in front of the main resort pool. The building on the far left is the Preferred Club. The center beach water entry is fairly rocky but there are sandy entry points at the watersports area, along most of the beach in front of the Preferred Club and in front of the main swimming pool. Bring a pair of water shoes with you but be careful of stepping on the rocks.There is a lot of sea life living in the shallows in and among those rocks.
Snorkeling is excellent on both sides of the breakwater. My wife has a fear of swimming in the open ocean but I couldn’t get her out of the water here at Sun Scape. As a matter of fact it was only on our last day at the resort that we actually tore ourselves away from the beach and went to Willemstad
Food is a subjective entity that is so dependent on a person’s personal taste that you can never be sure that your tastes are in line with theirs. So before I begin, here are three objective facts of our dining experiences. One, all of our meals except two dinners were eaten on premises. Two, we never left the table hungry and we never got sick. Three, we always had breakfast in the main dining room buffet, lunch sandwiches from the Oceania grill and dinners in DeMario’s- the Italian Restaurant, Oceana- the seafood restaurant and Himitsu- the Japanese hibachi grill restaurant. We did not do the lunch or dinner buffet nor did we eat at the Blue Water grill. Overall our eating experience at Sun Scape was very positive
For breakfast, there was a decent selection of fresh fruits, cereals, breads, juices and meats to choose from. You could also have eggs done to order on the grill. As an American, one thing to keep in mind is you are in an island country that is 3 times closer to Bogotá, Columbia than NYC. Some of the food, including the eggs, which are very small, are different. If you are used to eating a three egg omelet for Sunday brunch, then be prepared to order a 5-6 egg omelet here. This is not an IHOP, the French toast and pancakes are in a buffet serving tray and they are not cooked to order. I am not apologizing for the resort but just trying to set expectations.
The one thing I didn’t like was that the buffet is located inside a very large palapa. If you were lucky enough to sit on the periphery you had plenty of daylight, but if you were stuck in the middle it was dark. We resolved that problem by taking our plates outside to one of the tables in front of the Italian restaurant. No one seemed to object and once we were finished we bussed our own table and returned our plates to the dining area.
For lunch I would walk to the Oceana grill that had hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken breast and fresh mahi-mahi on the menu. The hamburgers were so-so but the fish and chicken as well as the French fries were good. There was something very cool about sitting in a beach lounge chair staring at the beautiful deep blue ocean munching on a fresh fish sandwich.
We always ate at the different theme restaurants and so I cannot comment on the dinner buffet. We took the advice of other reviewers and always arrived at 6:15 for the 6:30 PM first seating and never had to wait.
Dinner at Oceana under the stars was very nice. Glasses of champagne before dinner and continuing throughout were a good touch. My wife had the deep fried Salmon, (sounds strange but she said it was very good) and I had the Curacao Conch, said to be a local favorite. It was excellent and very different from any Conch dish I have ever had. One warning, the dish was spicy, I like spicy food but it was not mentioned on the menu. The menu is fairly limited as it was at all of the restaurants, but they did have some specials including a whole deep fried snapper that looked delicious.
The Italian restaurant was our favorite. It was very hot even after the sunset so it was nice to sit inside with the A/C going full blast. I understand children are not allowed inside, not sure why and not sure of the cutoff age. The starters were OK but nothing to write home about. As a main course, we both had the tenderloin medium rare. That was good but the reduction sauce surrounding it was even better. We took the advice of other reviewers and ordered nothing with a red sauce. You can have the house wine as part of the all-inclusive package or, they have a small but very good wine selection at a moderate price. Since we were here to celebrate our anniversary, I opted to order a 2009 Marques de Casa Concha y Toro cabernet sauvignon. Enrique, our server, was observant enough to sense that after tasting the wine I was going to say it was too warm and immediately brought a wine bucket to chill it to the proper 65 degree cellar temperature. Way to go Enrique. All in all we both thought this was the best dinner we had at the resort. So good in fact we went back on our last night and did it again.
I was disappointed in Himitsu. Not so much for the food but the fact that we made reservations to sit at the Hibachi grill which had to be 25 degrees hotter than the 87 degree air temperature. Perhaps doing it in February would be better than September. You only need reservations to sit at the grill. There are individual tables away from the heat that are available on a first come first serve basis. I did enjoy socializing with the other couples seated with us, two newlyweds, one from the Netherlands and the other from Atlanta. The conversation was so good that I really do not remember what I ate. I know that like any Japanese Hibachi grill there was plenty of showmanship displayed by the chef and I cleaned my plate so I must have liked the food.
Grounds, Facilities and Security
I don’t know the history of the resort but it appears it was built in stages. As mentioned earlier the property is about a ¼ mile long and relatively narrow compared to the width. There are 4 older two story motel-like buildings in the center of the property while the newer buildings are near the edges. The grounds are well maintained with typical tropical flora and fauna throughout. One thing I found interesting is the number of shade trees in the center of the property. I didn’t expect to see shade trees on Curacao. They were a nice cool touch during the heat of the day.
As I mentioned all of the rooms are in the process of or have been renovated. There is a 5 story midrise on the south end of the property that is currently under renovation. These appear to be efficiency units and the ones in the beachfront building have fantastic views of the beach and the resort. In a few months when they are completed perhaps someone who stays in one of those units can give an update. The three story units building 7 and 8 (Preferred Club) are at the north end of the property away from the resort center and the crowds. I definitely recommend upgrading to the preferred club if you like peace and quiet and want to have beach butlers bring you food and drink throughout the day.
The Security people were always around and made us feel very safe, although I was never quite sure if security was an issue in the first place. I suppose that since there is a casino on site it’s better to be safe than sorry. We sometimes left our patio door unlocked when we were at the pool but kept all of our valuables in the safe. We noticed that the maid would always lock the patio door when she left. That was a nice touch to know that the staff was trained to protect their gust’s belongings.
Bars
This resort is still in transition and I believe they are still trying to work out the serving protocol. Yes, at this writing drinks are served in small glasses and yes there is only one beer Amstel. Is that a problem? Maybe for some but in the short run I resolved the issue of small cups by ordering 2 at a time. I would suggest that you bring or purchase in town a 12 or 16 oz. Tervis Tumbler and have the bartender pour multiple drinks in them. The insulated tumblers will keep your drinks cold. I have no suggestion for the single beer but again from what I heard from one of the bartenders management is looking into the issue.
As for some of the reviews that said there was no alcohol in the drinks, I would strongly disagree. I drank 3 of Norma’s “Sweet Sunshine’s” and felt I would be in DUI territory in the states and remember these were small glasses. At the lobby bar after dinner I had a Remy VSOP one night and a Sambuca the next night. It’s pretty hard to fake the alcohol in those. All in all, the small glass policy should be changed and the top shelf stuff needs to make its way from the lobby bar to the other bars. However, unless you have a serious drinking problem or only drink Coors light you should not have a problem getting what you need at any of the bars on the property
Miscellaneous Stuff
There is no reason to rent a car. The resort provides free transfers to and from the airport. Just give them you flight information when you confirm your reservation and 2 days before you leave. In fact they remind you with a note under the door to reconfirm your departure time
If you are going to town during the day there is a bus stop across the street from the resort. The busses are really Toyota vans that hold about nine people. It’s $1.50 each way whereas a taxi ride is $15.00. Make sure the route card says Punta on it. Obviously the return should say Sunscape Resort.
If you are going to town in the evening for dinner I suggest calling a cab. We found a very enterprising cabbie Daniel who can be reached at DanielTaxi-Curaçao@hotmail.com
Facebook: Daniel Taxi-Curaçao,(5999) 673-1717, 563-1717. The first evening we used him he gave us a tour of Willemstad at no additional charge. We made arrangements to meet him the next evening to take us to our anniversary dinner. He was not there at the appointed time but he radioed another cabbie who told us Daniel was running about 10 minutes late and if that was not OK he would take us and, “Oh by the way, Daniel told me it was your Anniversary. Happy Anniversary.” Naturally we waited for Daniel.
Car rentals are available in the lobby if you want to explore the island on your own. You may also want to ask Daniel or another Cabbie what he would charge to give you a personal tour but make sure it’s on a day when no cruise ships are in town.
Bug Repellant- If mosquitos like you at home, they will love you in Curacao make sure you bring your own or be prepared to buy some
I know this is a long review but I hope it gives you a good idea of why my wife and I plan to return

Room Tip: Any room in the Preferred Club building 8
25 Thank Crazy4Cabo
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We recently read your post and we thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. Your positive comments provide us inspiration to achieve even more and to do our very best for each and every guest at Sunscape Curacao.
We will share your good comments directly with the Jonathan, Astrid, Norma Iona, Enrique and Ching Ping and congratulate them.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,337)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Brookville, Pa
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The resort was very clean and comfortable, the employees where exceptionally pleasant and helpful and the beach was beautiful. We went snorkeling twice and the equipment was always available. I would recommend this resort to anyone.

12 Thank Arthur H
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Arthur,

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are looking forward to sharing your feedback with our staff! They really appreciate the recognition and all work very hard to ensure our guest have a fantastic vacation.

We hope you return to our beautiful island soon and look forward to welcoming you back!

Wolfeboro
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Before going, I read every trip advisor review. They were quite mixed making me prepared not to expect too much. After my stay, I am convinced that some people have a knack for finding faults. I did not have such and experience. Greeted kindly upon arrival with tropical juice and a cool towel upon arrival. Reasonably quick check-in. The room was clean, nicely decorated and well stocked. The only note was the buttons on the phone were missing. Which didn't damper my experience since I never needed to use it.
The Food: I half expected low end steam table food that was bland and dried out. Not so! They kept the variety unique while keeping favorites. At the other dining restaurants, Oceana and Bluewater Grille the dining experience was excellent. I would suggest, however the addition of steak knives to make bite sized pieces easier to cut.
The Entertainment Crew: These guys were great! They would have a way of rallying you without pressuring you into activities. They kept the variety interesting and the attitude upbeat. You never felt like the last kid picked in kickball.
The pools were always kept clean, in fact the staff worked tirelessly, cleaning up and maintaing the entire resort to near perfect standards.
Considering the price of this vacation, I truly feel I got double my money's worth and had probably one of the best vacations ever. These people work their butts off to make your stay enjoyable. Be sure to thank and tip them even though tips are included, they earn it.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo

13 Thank Lauren M
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Lauren,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. We look forward serving you again in the near future!

Thank you for choosing us.

Sunscape Curacao Resort, spa & Casino
Huntington, IN
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I read many reviews from March until we went in September, and I did see a lot of bad ones and a lot of good ones, so I kind of worried about what we would find. I went on my honeymoon; we are in our 20s; we are middle-class blue-collar workers from the Midwest who cook in a lot and when we eat out it’s at your standard Applebee’s type restaurant. I say these things so you have an idea of who we are and where we are from...what we kind of expect.
For this once in a lifetime trip, I splurged for a jr honeymoon suite which was in the preferred club...and well worth it. Preferred club rooms get private check in, so our check in was really fast and great. I did see long lines at the main desk though. The preferred club wing is building 8 and at the far end of the resort where it is much quieter. There are softer beach chairs, even softer cabanas, a private pool, and the beach is cleaner. Beach butlers come by multiple times every day, take your drink orders, and bring them back to you. Also with the preferred club, you have access to the air conditioned club room, where there is wifi and two laptops for use, desserts, ice water, and lemonade…and sometimes champagne.
Our room was cleaned every day and was always satisfactory, and our mini bar was restocked every day. Midweek we even requested an extra bottle of water and left a small tip...we got two bottles of water every day after that. Every member of the staff that we dealt with was extremely pleasant and always helpful.
We thought the food was excellent. We did not eat at Himitsu or Oceana, neither of us like Japanese or Seafood. We ate two dinners each at Bluewater Grill, Da Mario, and the World Café buffet, along with breakfast all week at the buffet. While the breakfast food did not rotate at the buffet, it was all good and there were enough options to keep us happy all week. Dinner at the buffet was great with the options 75% different each time we went, with great variety. At Da Mario we had one of the best pizzas we have ever had. And Bluewater Grill…we had all three steaks and the ribs and they were all excellent. The ribs were some of the best I’ve ever had. The fruit juices were also well above average. The only part of the food that did not thrill us was the desserts…they were just different than what we are used to.
We never had a problem getting a drink, but I will admit they were not strong. BUT, they serve the drinks in small glasses with lots of ice to try to keep them cold, so you’re not going to get much liquor. If you want to feel good, order a bunch, ask for a double/extra liquor, or take them your own glass. I got a double once with no problems and saw many other people ask for extra or have it poured in their own bigger class and get it without a problem.
Some other thoughts:
Get beach shoes, they are great for the coral in the water.
Snorkeling is amazing, take an underwater camera.
I saw security roaming the grounds constantly…even at 3:00 am when we woke to depart.
Take the bus to Willemstad for a day, it’s an amazing place. Bus cost $6 round trip, was fast, and easy.
If you want a good seat, go down to dinner about 15 minutes before they say they open. Most nights the restaurant opened early anyway, but you can get a great seat and the service will be a little quicker too.
Overall – completely excellent with no complaints. The only things that did not seem to us as above average were because of our preferences, not because of Sunscape.

Room Tip: If you have the $, go for a preferred club level room.
13 Thank Ryan B
Dear Ryan,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and had a perfect honeymoon with us and thank you for the feedback! It is very important for us that our guest' experiences are shared.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your collaboration and we hope to see you again soon.

Sunscape Curacao Reosrt, Spa & Casino
Readington, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 October 2013

After reading all the reviews and finally staying here I don't know what the bad reviewers are really talking about. It's not a 5 star luxury resort but it is nice, comfortable, clean and friendly. If you're looking to have a wonderful time on a beautiful island at an all-inclusive resort, there is absolutely nothing majorly wrong with this one. We had a great time.

We stayed at this resort from Sept 24th - Oct 1st. At first I was pretty nervous about the resort being that there are a lot of bad reviews and that this was my first time at an all-inclusive. When we got to the hotel (about a 30 minute shuttle ride from the airport) check-in was quick and easy. While walking to our room, #4101, the bell hop was explaining as much as he could about what we could do on the island.

Our room was centrally located to the beach but not on the beach and within close proximity to the bars, restaurants and water sports. Our room had a great little "backyard" that had privacy but that you could also people watch from. An iguana made frequent visits to say hi. Upon arriving to the room I left a tip for the maid for the next day and asked if we could have more beer and water in our mini fridge. From then on we were stocked up everyday for the entire trip.

The restaurants get busy and the service is slow. It is true that if you want to eat early, you should line up a little before 630pm to get one of the first tables. I wasn't picky about the food being that it is an all-inclusive and from what I've heard unless you pay massive amounts of money it's never anything spectacular. I did enjoy most of the food though. Nothing was terrible and the portions keep you full. The Italian restaurant was my favorite and is pool side so if there's entertainment that night you get to watch while you eat. The seafood restaurant is right on the beach but off the beaten path a little but has it's own bar so if you do have to wait for a table at least you can have drinks. The buffet is by far the quickest option and has a pretty good selection of food.

The nightlife was kind of dull. We are 31 and 35 years old so we were looking for something a little more than what was offered. There is another resort next door with a bunch of places that always seem to be busy and fun with DJs and bands but you have to pay for your drinks over there. We didn't seem to mind a couple of the nights. The "disco" on the resort leaves a little to be desired. It's never busy and they do have theme nights but no one seems to ever be there. There is a pool table and bar inside so it's nice for just an evening of hanging out.

As for the staff, I found that the older staff seemed to be much nicer and accommodating than the younger staff. No one was rude, maybe just a little inattentive at times. We never had any problems getting drinks, they never ran out of alcohol and most of the bartenders were pretty great.

There are plenty of things to do that are included such as one free scuba dive per day off the dock, wind surfing, snorkeling, paddle boats... There was plenty to do. The introductory scuba lesson is even free if you would like to try it.

Overall, we had a fantastic time at this resort and would probably visit again if we decided to come back to Curacao.

17 Thank deathbyairguitar
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing about your experience at the resort. We are so happy that you appreciate the food of the Italian and the seafood restaurant. We need to inform you that we are giving the staff special training in order to provide better service to the guests. Further on we are very glad you enjoyed windsurfing and snorkeling.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again during your next stay and hope we can prove our high standard of hospitality again.

Thank you for choosing us.

Boston
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We travelled to sunscape sept 21-28 and we are both avid travelers. I felt the need to write this review after being scared and horrified before flying out to Curacao ( I was looking for other hotel options at the time! ) HOWEVER We were happily surprised. Yes this is a hotel in transition but we were VERY HAPPY with our stay there!

can start by saying that like a lot of the other reviewers we were a little scared reading other peoples experiences prior to leaving for our trip. Upon our arrival we were scared thinking that this may actually be true. The group in front of us were fighting and yelling with the staff in the prefered lounge stating they did not have the correct room, beds ect. Nothing was right for them, accourding to the guest. We waited patiently and when it was our turn to be assisted staff greeted us with a smile and made sure that we were checked in and had everything in order. No problems. We were then escorted to our room by Zerick (? spelling) and he gave us a tour of all the facilities as he helped to bring our luggage to the room with concierge.

Our room was clean, spacious and had the beautiful ocean front view that we had booked. No complaints there! Only complaint on the room is the beds are literally as hard as rocks. Housekeeping did their best to fix that by putting on a mattress pad but i think its time to replace those beds..otherwise each day our mini bar was replenished. If we needed anything room service was easily accessible and they brought us additional drinks, foods ect in a timely manner. They even came around 6 pm to give us fresh beach towels for the next day!

The bars never ran our of alcohol, so i dont know what other people are complaining about! if we requested a specific alcohol and they had it - we got it. All bar staff was friendly!

Restaurants were all good, however a couple tips - the grill you need to get there exactly at 630 when they open for dinner otherwise the line piles up all the beepers get passed out and you end up waiting hrs for dinner. I guess time to enjoy the nightly entertainment on the pool deck or a drink from sugar reef? Live and learn i guess. Otherwise the rest of the food was pretty good, not excellent but not terrible. We went for the views and relaxation so didnt matter to us.

The concierge desk was very helpful setting up activities. reasonable prices. we would reccomend the dolphin swim! or catamaran boat trip. very fun.

overall an excellent trip! thank you Sunscape staff

17 Thank Bryan N
Lisbon, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My name is Kelly Clingerman my husband Brett and I spent 10 wonderful days and nights at the Sunscape. We were there on our delayed honeymoon and while there we also renewed our vows. The staff was fantastic from the word go. Nancy the HR and FNB Manager escorted us to our room in #8. She was so pleasant and eager to help us. Anytime we saw her on the property she went out of her way to speak with us and make sure that all was going well. On our last day there she was doing her travels and made her way to the beach to see us before we left. Any time we went to the front desk to ask for assistance with something they were always helpful. The food was totally awesome at the all of the restaurants with the Italian restaurant being my least favorite. Italian is hard to do when you aren't Italian. The beach butlers Laura and Angela were totally awesome!!! Norma the bartender at the Oceana was a dream and all the other staff were amazing. Zjanina, the wedding planner and her staff were so helpful and made our day so special. We renewed our vows on the resort and the staff provided a wonderful and memorable experience for us. If I had one negative about our whole trip it would be that the ATM outside of the lobby doesn't communicate with US banks. Everyday and night was like a dream. We are going back in June of 2014 and taking our two kids along with my sister and brother in law and neice. If you are nice and treat the staff like they are humans you will have an excellent experience. We did tip on occasion but I think just interacting with the staff created our awesome experience!!

Brett and Kelly Clingerman
Lisbon, OH
I Love Curacao, you go, you know!!!!!!

Room Tip: The upgrade to Preferred Members Club is worth it!!!
13 Thank Kelly C
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Dear Kelly,

My name is Awendel Kwidama, Assistant to the General Manager.
We hereby would like to thank you for your wonderful review! We are so glad you had so much fun and found us to be above average and recommendation worthy. Thank you for the good comments on the staff: Nancy, Anibal, Norma, Zjanina, Laura and Angela. We will pass it directly to their department manager in order to congratulate them.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!