My husband and I celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary at Sunscape Sept 18th through the 28th. I emailed the resort several months before our arrival with questions and concerns. My emails were always answered promptly. The free airport shuttle was waiting for us upon arrival. Check in was fast and pleasant, especially when told we rec'd a complimentary upgrade to the preferred club, building 8 (we had booked a garden view room). We were greeted with a cold drink and cool wash clothe. Raymond brought us to our room. He was very pleasant telling us about the resort and our room. Our room was clean, nicely decorated and plenty of space. We had no problem with housekeeping.
The beach was beautiful! There is a lot of coral so water shoes will make it more comfortable. We enjoyed snorkeling and kayaking. There are other water sports provided. The pools were nice. They need some minor repairs and would be perfect.
There are five restaurants. Oceana-The best service and the food was delicious the 2 nights we ate there. Italian- We ate there 3 nights and had good and bad service but the food was delicious, except the lasagna. (men need to wear pants) Japanese- We ate there one night and had terrible service along with the others seated in the garden section. Maybe there is better service at the hibachi table. The food was OK (men need to wear pants) Bluewater Grill- OK food and service, nice ocean front seating. Buffet- We had breakfast there every morning. The service and food were good with plenty of selection. We ate dinner there a few nights. My husband loved it. He loves to have a little of everything on his plate and then have seconds. I am not a fan of buffets for dinner but it was quicker than the other places. If you have to wait, there are things to do. You're on vacation, chill! I have read many different views about the restaurants so I think it's a matter of taste and the employees having a good or bad night. And don't forget to tip!
The preferred club, building 8, is at the quiet end, has it's own pool, butler service, cushions on the lounge chairs, lounge beds, access to wifi (which you can pay $40.00 for the week if that's the only extra you are interested in) and a few other small perks. Building 7 is also in a quieter area, surrounding the Oceana restaurant. The other buildings are closer to the main pool, the buffet, casino and lobby.
There is entertainment during the day and evening around the main pool. It was OK, I've seen better but the entertainment team were fun and friendly.
I had a massage with Juana. it was wonderful! There is a full service spa.
We took the free shuttle to town one morning. It was nice but couldn't wait to get back to the beach! We also went to the Dolphin Academy one morning. We took the local bus because it was passing but walked back (10 min). The morning dolphin show was cancelled and we didn't want to wait til 1:30 for the next one. The exhibits are a quick walk through.
I think this is a 4 star resort now but with a few improvements, it will be a 5 star. I spoke to several employees who told me they are working on the issues brought to their attention. I even saw positive changes during our stay.
My husband and I had an awesome time at Sunscape! Special thanks to Kurt Klaber, rooms division manager and Angela and Liz our beach butlers. Thanks to all the employees who made our anniversary special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad