We just returned from Curacao & this resort. we were there for one week. Some negative reviews were written about the staff here, but I truly don't understand why. These people were probably the most friendly I've ever encountered at a resort and I'Ve stayed at a lot of resorts. Sometimes tourists are impatient or don't treat the staff very well and then expect the best from them. It doesn't work that way. People are people & should treat others the way in which they would like to be treated themselves. We all know before we go that things are a little slower paced in the Carribean. Relax, go with the flow. That's why you're there.
The grounds at Sunscape are lovely & very well kept. It is also very handicap accessible, which was important to us. Plus, there are certainly enough swimming pools & beach bars throughout to keep anyone happy.
I do have 2 areas of concern. First, a moderate concern with the beaches. There are pebbles on the beach & on the way into the water, which can be a bit hard on the feet. Once you get past that, the bottom is sandy. If you look hard enough, at the end of one of the beaches we did find a narrow sandy pathway to get in.
My second area of concern is more than moderate. This is an all-inclusive resort & I do feel there are enough restaurants to satisfy most taste buds, however, for the most part the food was not hot. This was especially true at the buffet, where you must go for breakfast. They also serve lunch & dinner there. If you had your eggs made to order, they would be hot, but the other items (sausage, bacon, hash browns, etc) were not. This is a shame because the food was a pretty good quality, but I know I can't eat cold bacon or sausage. This was also true of most of the restaurants on the grounds. Usually there were always 1 or 2 entree items on your plate that were not hot & had to be returned. We faired well at the Italian restaurant & items were as they should be. (Ate there twice) The seafood restaurant was not consistent (ate there twice). The ribs were decent at the steak place, but the steak left a little to be desired that night. We were not able to get into the Japanese restaurant.
Needless to say and unfortunately, we were eager to get home to a hot meal! Other than that, we had an enjoyable stay, but the food definitely needs improving. This is the same comment I heard from others as well. I did not comment on the bars - the drinks were wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad