5,775 results
All reviews sun club bluewater grill japanese restaurant entertainment team world cafe flamingo building da mario a la carte restaurants seafood the blue water grill fire show coco cafe candy man oceana bar johnny rocket baby love kids club
Reviewed 15 November 2013

The food was so good and delicious, excellent! Drinks were so well prepared. Variety of Music that makes me happy all the time.

The service? I have no bad reviews about it at all, great people, great company and great personnel. People are so kind over there, you feel like home. The room was always clean, nice and neat. The same for the pools, beautiful beaches, there was always somebody making sure that you have everything you need and they make you feel comfortable and relaxed. Definitely I recommend it as a place to have a great vacations or getaway, I have no regrets on choosing this destiny for my vacations or the hotel. At night, there is always something to do, they have Karaoke, dancing classes and the entertainers are so funny and friendly, I had a blast every night.

I have to send kudos to the best entertainer for me, his name is Gwengelo. He is friendly, with a good sense of humor, he is smart, he is always willing to assist you if you have any questions or concerns and he resolve any problems immediately. He should get a raise jejeje XD Good Job!

I encourage everyone that is planning to visit this beautiful island Curacao to stay at the Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, you will always have fun in different ways either relaxed at the spa, doing some workouts at the gym, enjoying the pool, beaches and the sunny weather all the time, enjoying the good food or dancing in the disco at night.

Date of stay: November 2013
8  Thank MichelleChong
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for writing about your experience at the resort. We are excited to share your comments directly with the manager of Gwengelo so he can congratulate him. Our staff really appreciate the recognition and all work very hard to ensure our guests have a fantastic vacation.

We hope you return to our beautiful island soon. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Yours sincerely,

Management
Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & casino

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I don't really know what all the bad reviews were about, I guess you could have a few bumps in the the road, but you're in curacao, what's not to like.
When we arrived we were greeted by staff welcoming us home, and that's just how they made us feel. Emerson and Kurt dealt with a few small issues for us {group of 10 adults} and we were on our way to a great vacation. Loved the entertainment staff and the rest of the people that worked there.
If you can, upgrade to the preferred building. nice beach and private pool. bring water shoes, you'll need them. Snorkeling was great right off the beach, saw my first octopus,very cool.
Food was O.K. Italian was my favorite, I ordered the filet 3 times, thought it was better than the steak restaurant.
The bar by the main pool had a nasty smell to it, hope they clean that up soon, but the rest of the bars were great, just bring your own cup and they will fill it with what ever you want.
The rooms were o.k. too , but how long are you really in it, you're on vacation, just go and enjoy yourself.
If I were to make one suggestion it would be to have more than one beer choice, all they had was amstel, it's not a bad beer but after a week you kind of would like another beer to choose.

7  Thank travelinghood
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Quick review of our trip 6 friends one week fast check in 3 ocean view 2 yes 1 had to look thru trees and bar area room change in 2 days. yes the beach water entry has a lot of coral and some rocks but look around for different places to enter or wear water shoes once in sandy bottom. .Staff was friendly and helpful but didn't give all the information we needed.where told about free bus to town but not that we need to sign up a day before Same at trip desk told about sunset cruise but not given enough information to go. Very nice basic rooms some rooms had hot water problems but not all week. Beds a little hard need hooks in bathrooms. The beach was amazing coral reef for snorkeling many different fish, grounds well kept,nice pools, beautiful sunsets. Found the food to be very good in all restaurants my favorite was the Italian had chicken and shrimp but had good ribs and fish at steak house and the best red snapper at seafood restaurant buffet was just fine at breakfast and dinner. Also enjoyed coffee shop good coffees teas and desserts.Bars were conviently located thru out. We would highly recommend resort and go back . Mentions for great employees buffet cafe Verona night waitress Wanderer breakfast server Bluewater grille Shirlrenty Oceana Norma bartender Sasha waitress Murchen concierge Chocho entertainment thanks for great service. If looking for a fishing boat we all highly recommend asking for the Party Warrior. All and All great trip. Can't understand the very bad reviews.

7  Thank 6friends2013
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I visited this resort the first week of October 2013. It had mixed reviews, but I decided to give it a try. Most all of the resort has been remodeled and there is remodeling of the tower building going on. The other buildings do not have elevators, so keep this in mind when selecting a room.

The food was actually better than I was expecting from some the reviews. I thought that it was quite good, although there were a few minor problems. The pasta dishes in the Italian restaurant (Da Mario) (ate there twice) were a bit over cooked, but that can happen anywhere. the Japanese restaurant (Himitsu) (ate there once) had a long wait time and the showmanship was a bit lacking, however the food was very good. The steak restaurant (Blue Water Grill) (ate there three times) was my favorite and had a variety of dishes. Wit all of the specialty restaurants, it is a good idea to book as early as you can to get the best choice of time to eat. The buffet (World Cafe) (ate there twice + each day for breakfast) was typical of all-inclusive buffets and the breakfast was very good, especially the omlette station.

The dive shop at the resort was very accomodating except that both of my special tours werte cancelled due to a shortage of divers, which is obviously not their fault. If you book your dives online there is a 10% savings.

I went on a self conducted tour of Willemstad which was a very scenic city. The Maritime museum was very educational and had a welcoming A/C. The resort provided a shuttle to the center of town near the famous bridge that everyone needs to see, especially when it is in motion to allow for boat traffic.

Room tip: Be aware that the buildngs do not have elevators when making your room selections. Ask for the remodeled rooms to get the best available. Rooms on the third or higher floors have the best views.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was a great girls getaway. We stayed in a preferred room and got special amenities for staying as a preferred guest. We got beach services, a private pool for preferred guests, and upgraded things in our room. The hotel overall was nice for the price. The food was decent and the drinks were good. The hotel entertainment was not that great and not a lot of people wanted to participate. The island overall was average, and it was pretty dirty. The staff were nice and always willing to help. Overall I would go back and recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: November 2013