I could write a book on this one but I will give you a few of examples of their very poor service.
First, after we had checked in we were give an info package that included a map of the resort. We needed this right away as we were given a general direction for our room and left to find it ourselves and also told our luggage we be delivered in about 1 hour, since we were the only ones checking in at that time it caught us off guard and didn't say anything.
Second, have you ever entered a restaurant and after giving your room number been told to go and find a clean table somewhere and sit there? We certainly haven't. Oh and try and get a glass of water or a cup of tea or coffee, you almost have to tackle the waitress on the way past as they seem to be more interested in cleaning tables than serving their customers.
Reservations are not accepted at the restaurants so be there at least 45 minutes before they open (generally 6:30pm) or you may not get a seat until the 8:00pm service. ones you are seated you will find out very quickly why it takes at least an hour and a half to get your meal, disorganized chaos.
Positives, they are in an ownership transition and part of the hotel has been upgraded the rest is dated but clean, eventually they will get the rest of the hotel upgraded to what would be considered acceptable standards.
The beach butlers in the Preferred Club were very attentive and their language skills were excellent, something I cannot say for the rest of the staff.
Entertainment staff were great and the nightly shows very good, I cannot comment on the daily activities around the pool area during the day as we were in the Preferred Club section at the other end of the resort.
The resort is very close to Willemstad, a $2US per person, bus ride takes you right into the centre of town and there are 2 bus stops right outside the hotel.
Spa is good and reasonably priced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad