We came to the Sunscape to celebrate our 6th anniversary and we had a great time. We got off the plane and the airport in Curacao was a disaster, but we made it through and the transportation was ready to carry us away.
We upgraded to the preferred club ahead of time, so we went to the lounge to check in. They couldn't find us in the stack of reservations. We showed our confirmation and the girl scurried off. When she returned she said we couldn't have the preferred club the first night, but they would move us tomorrow. That started my vacation off badly, but we did get a free couples massage and dinner on the beach to make up for the issue.
Things we liked:
-Once in building 8 the view was amazing.
-The Food. Not 5 star dining but always fresh.
-Evening entertainment. Every night around 7 they had various musicians around the main pool deck.
-No reservations for dinner.
-Snorkeling at the resort. It was like swimming in an aquarium. Water shoes are a must!!!!
-Romantic Dinner on the beach. Private and a great night
-Plenty of beach chairs and palapas, but you do have to get up early to get a good spot.
-Kerrion Morrison is the best server at World Cafe. She kept our coffee mugs full and always had a smile.
-Sheldon made great drinks at the main pool bar.
-House keeping our room was always clean by lunch.
-Plenty of beach towels
-Bath products were good.
-The coffee bar was great.
-Open air dining. The breeze made it fantastic and comfortable.
Things we didn't like as much:
-We couldn't get anyone to answer room service our entire stay. It became a game so we called many times through the day. Not once was the phone ever answered.
-No steak knives. I had 2 steaks and cut them with a butter knife.
-Kids in the adults only hot tub.
-Massage wasn't good.
-Service could be really slow for breakfast. The guy who does the egg station would ignore you.
-Servers would walk past you with coffee and not fill your cup.
-Some bar tenders pre- made popular drinks and poured from a jug.
Very limited lunch choices at the Grill. Only hot dogs and hamburgers.
-If you didn't get seated at the first seating you may not eat until after 9 PM even when restaurants were not full. Once they started appetizers they wouldn't take new diners.
-Drinks were different depending on bar tender.
We also did an island tour through Tropical Tours and really enjoyed it.
The word that sums up this resort is "ALMOST". It is really close to being there but still needs work. When the manager was at breakfast the servers were great. The servers seemed to care as much when he wasn't there. Make sure to tip the ones care and give you great service.
I realize that some of my comments may seem picky and we thoroughly did our research before going to The Sunscape. We knew what to expect but the little attention to details is what separates a good resort from a great resort. The resort grew on us over our stay and there are some easy improvements that would help The Sunscape become a great resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad