Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
US$201
  • Pool
US$154
Hotels.com
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
US$119
US$216
Cancelon
US$990
5,368 results
All reviewssun clubjapanese restaurantbluewater grillentertainment teamworld cafea la carte restaurantsflamingo buildingpreferred clubda mariofire showseafoodthe blue water grillcoco cafecandy manjohnny rocketoceana barbaby love
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel from April 26 to May 3, 2014. There was some good but mostly bad. The good points were the following:

-access to kayaks, paddle boats, life jackets, snorkel gear at no additional charge
-full size shower gel, shampoo and body milk
-we requested a new room and had no issues getting one that was more acceptable
-close to downtown area, approximately 8-minutes on the public bus for $1.50 USD/per person
-room was cleaned well
-great service in the a la carte restaurants
-Sunwing representative was nice and very informative
-snorkeling very good within hotel beach

I do not recommend this hotel to young couples or singles. 90% of the guests were seniors and the other 10% are young families with children under the age of 10. The bad points are as follows:

-buffet service was bad. We would get our own juice but had to wait for the servers if we wanted tea/coffee. The wait was long and we were ignored every day!
-no reservation service for a la carte restaurants, ridiculous waiting periods
-buffet food was horrible
-the senior residents reserved the best spots on the beach but spent most of the time in the buffet and were first in line at all the a la cartes
-boring, spa services over priced
-standard rooms are dated need renovations
-grounds are clean but ugly – beautiful old trees but lack of landscaping
-beach rocky, I strongly suggest water shoes
-Tropical Tours guide tried to charge us $150 for a single occupant 2-hour buggy tour when it should have been $90. I decided not to go.
-pillow cases and sheets were always stained
-shower enclosure leaked water – we had to clean up puddles every time we took a shower
-Rooms close to the disco desperately need sound proofing – loud music every night made it impossible to sleep

Overall I would not recommend this hotel and would never return.

Room Tip: If you choose this hotel, pay the extra money and get a room in the preferred areas
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Fee K
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at Sunscape Curacao for five days and my son just loved the Explorer's Club and the teachers working there. Thank you for taking such good care of my son he really loves you! This is our second visit and on both occasions he enjoyed his stay there!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mariska D
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing Sunscape Curacao to be your hosts during your vacation and thank you for the time you have taken to tell us of your experience especially your son.

We are pleased to hear that your son had an amazing time at the Explorer's Club.
We certainly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Kwidama
Assistant to the General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

My friend and I stayed at Sunscape April 4-12th and had an amazing time!! We were upgraded on our arrival and our room was beautiful with a spectacular ocean view. The staff worked so hard and were so friendly. All of the restaurants were fantastic with the seafood restaurant being a favorite for us. We enjoyed lounging at the beach everyday and enjoying the nightly entertainment. We were blessed to have met two spectacular individuals, Milagros and Chuchoo. Milagros greeted us with the biggest smile everyday. She did all that she could to make our trip memorable including getting us a special table on the last night of her schedule for that week. She's such a beautiful woman with such a kind heart. And then there was Chuchoo! We were greeted by Chuchoo the morning after our arrival with him knowing our names before our introductions! Chuchoo was there everyday making sure we were having a great time and doing anything he could to ensure that. He would seek us out on the beach to say hi and let us know what activities were going on for the day. He even convinced us to participate in one of the nightly activities. I had a little fall during that activity and Chuchoo was there to help me to my room afterwards and to make me smile in the days afterward. He works so hard to make sure everyone is having a great time! We thoroughly enjoyed the energy he and the other members of the entertainment team had everyday! We were sad to say our goodbyes but so happy we had such a great experience. Thank you Milagros, my dearest Chuchoo and the wonderful staff for making it a memorable vacation!!

Erin
Minnesota, USA

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Erin C
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I wanted to like this place but it was difficult. I have stayed at Sandals and I've stayed at bottom line all-inclusives. I had a nice clean ocean view room that was perfect. The beach is rocky ( in spots, not all over ) but the water was perfect and fish everywhere. The food was hit & miss, for breakfast it was Buffett that wasn't very good, for lunch it was a Buffett which again wasn't very good or a burger or hot dog at the beach grill. The premium alcohol is not entirely true, I found ONE bar that had real booze but then the next day they where out of it. Was surprised for a Caribbean resort there wasn't even any Caribbean music playing on the beaches. The Preferred Club isn't anything, you get free wifi in the lobby only and a special section of the beach for preferred club. The beach section has drink service which is super slow and lounge chairs and cabana beds that people put towels on early in the am to hold them so nobody can sit their, I looked at chairs and cabanas with peoples stuff on them for two hours then finally dropped there stuff on a different chair and took the good ones. Lots of kids. Lots of other little things I could go on for a while. Price was right but wouldn't go back or recommend to others.

Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank flipaova

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write about your recent stay with us.

It is regrettable to read that your experience with us wasn't as expected. We are sure if you would have approached a member of our management staff, we would have done our best to change your perspective and assist you in any way possible.

Nonetheless, your comments have been forwarded to the corresponding departments for the proper revision and actions to be taken in order to continue improving our services.

Once again, thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Kwidama
Assistant to the General Manager

Reviewed 4 May 2014

my vacation in curacao were the best, the people there are very friendly and attentive, the service is good restaurants is excellent and room spacious, has good higuiene, the maid josefina I attended is very careful and responsible ruined it for next año.gracias

Room Tip: They were on the top floor of the rooms are very comfortable and stylish
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple