My wife and I stayed at this resort for 4 days during a trip to the AC (skipped B) islands. This was our only all inclusive stop and we were looking forward to just chilling for a few days - which we did. The hotel itself is indecent shape, located near downtown Willemstad (may 10 min by bus). Our check in was very smooth and we found all the staff at the resort to be very friendly and helpful. They were probably the best part of the stay - always seemed very willing to help out with any request. It was also a nice touch to always hear "my pleasure" whenever thanked as well, very cordial.
We stayed in building 8, which is at the end of the property - which is nice and quiet, and includes some extra amenities (special towel & beach butler service). The rooms were perfectly fine with comfortable beds. Lots of people mention the snorkelling - I snorkelled the area but didn't really see too much. Diving off the shore was not all that interesting either - take a boat dive.
- No Wristbands - love that.
- No Towel Cards - love that.
- Great Staff - awesome friendly people. We found out (a bit too late) that you can hire a few guys on their off time to act as a personal guide for a day - I'd recommend that as opposed to another canned tour
- Close to Town
- "Beach front" *
- Wave break makes for good swimming for kids / less than strong swimmers
- The gym - one of the most complete gym's I've seen in a resort
- Japanese restaurant
The Not So Good:
- The "No Reservation" Restaurant policy - to clarify, this means no reservations in advance, so everyone starts lining up at around 6 to make their reservation for that night. This means it's like a game of roulette to see what/if you eat. To their credit they do use a pager system, so you're not waiting in line per say, but you really don't know when you will end up eating. I've been to quite a few resorts where they do the reservation system and that has its' flaws too - so I like the approach but think it needs some tweaking.
- The Beach* - I just prefer real beaches
- Limited lounge / bar areas - especially in the evening, there are about a total of 8 chairs close to the bar to sit for evening drinks
- Small pools - The activity pool is really small, and there aren't really any large areas - that said, it's really not a huge resort, so they are kind of proportional.
- Bartenders were still learning drinks - Which was kind of interesting, my wife ordered a chocolate martini and it was, well, not a chocolate martini. We took it in stride and had a good time with it - but I also noticed other people ordering (pretty standard) drinks that they weren't sure how to make.
- The Spa - My wife was not impressed with the spa service
- The Buffet
* The beaches in this area are all man-made so keep that in mind
All in all, nothing really major. We enjoyed ourselves, but really can't give it more than average. That said, between Aruba and Curacao - we loved the island of Curacao and wish we had more time there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad