Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avila Beach Hotel(Willemstad)
View Hotel
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
BijBlauw(Willemstad)
5,373 results
All reviewssun clubjapanese restaurantbluewater grillentertainment teamworld cafea la carte restaurantsflamingo buildingda mariopreferred clubfire showseafoodthe blue water grillcoco cafecandy manjohnny rocketoceana barbaby love
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just returned from a week at the Sunscape. We took a taxi from the airport, the cost was $40.00 and it was a 25 minute ride. Check in was very easy. We requested a garden view with 2 double beds and received a ocean view with 2 double beds. The room was spacious and had been remodeled. Beds were comfortable. There was always an abundance of hot water whenever we needed it. We never had a shortage of towels. Rooms were cleaned daily. They do not have a do not disturb sign for you to hang on your door, so we were awakened every morning by housekeeping wanting to clean our room, and had to ask them to come back later. Mini fridge was restocked daily with 1 coke, 1 sprite, 1 diet coke, 2 Amstel beers and 2 bottles of water. IF you wanted more of any thing, all you had to do was ask and they would bring it to you. We requested 2 blankets for the room when we arrived and they were brought to our room within 10 minutes. Room service menu is very limited and the food is of very poor quality. We tried it twice and found it to be barely edible. We loved the Oceana restaurant and the Italian. At the steakhouse we tried the grilled fish and the steak and it was very poor quality. We did not try the Japanese restaurant. The drinks were very good, but on several nights they would run out of alcohol, such as rum, tequila, and 1 night they even ran out of beer. The only beer they serve is Amstel. It is a full flavored, very strong tasting beer and we did not care for it. The snorkeling at the beach is some of the best we have ever seen. Water shoes are recommended due to all the rocks. The casino at the resort is small and many of the machines do not work, although we did have a lot of fun there. Overall service was great with the exception of a few bar tenders who were too busy on their cell phones. We had to leave the resort by taxi at 5 am. We were told on many occasions just to come to the front desk and we would have no problem getting a taxi in 5 minutes. When we arrived at the front desk on our morning of departure, we were told that the taxi's do not run this early during the week and they had no way of getting us to the airport. 45 minutes later they were able to get us a taxi who drove us at a high rate of speed and passing in no passing areas that got us to the airport in 15 minutes, so we did make our flight. We did not try the breakfast or the evening buffet. The lunch buffet was small, but had a decent selection. The beach grill only serves hamburgers, hotdogs and french fries. My husband said his hamburger tasted like sausage. The french fries were very good. Overall we found this resort to be a great value. Most of the staff are very friendly and helpful. They always end there conversation with "it's my pleasure."

3  Thank SRRIowa
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have to start by saying I have no idea why people have any complaints.

They picked us up from the airport and when we arrived to the resort we were greeted with cold towels and cold drinks. Check in was very quick and our bags were taken to our room. Our room was HUGE! The view was excellent. We were in the 2000 building. The bathroom was a good size and the shower was awesome. We had clean towels everyday and the room was kept up nice.
The food: I have been to many all inclusives and on many cruises and the food here was very good. The only restaurant we didn't eat at was Oceana. But all of them were very good. The buffet had a variety every night. The service was always great everywhere. Everyone is so nice!
Drinks: We aren't drinkers but had quite a few drinks. The pina coladas (with dark rum) and blue monkeys were my favorite. Yes they are in small glasses but is all inclusive!!! Go get another one!
The Beach: The beach, what can I say! Its BEAUTIFUL! The snorkeling was spectacular!!! Bring beach shoes!
The resort: Beautiful gardens, everything was clean. I honestly don't have one complaint except please play Caribbean music! Some Bob Marley to give us that Caribbean feeling!

I will definitely be back and bringing my sister and her husband next time!

Please DO NOT feel afraid to book this resort. For the price and location you will not go wrong and you will not regret your decision. I've been all over the Caribbean and this place is great. Its all in what you expect. If what your looking for is a nice beach, great views, awesome snorkeling, good food and drinks all for a great price why would you choose any other resort?

One more thing. I do think its all in what time of year you go to a resort. If you are going during prime season then yes, long waits for everything and the service will not be great, which is expected.
Thank you Sunscape for making our time in Curacao the best vacation we ever had!

Room Tip: The quieter side of the resort is on the right of the resort.
5  Thank carrieberrie78
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us about your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share this wonderful experience. It was a pleasure to have you with us. We are glad we've made it as special as it was, allowing you and your party to enjoy yourselves to the fullest.

It is very pleasant to hear you had an amazing time here and enjoyed every minute of your stay, thanks to the exceptional attentions provided by our staff member, whose mission is to offer you a remarkable and unforgettable experience.

Thank you very much for choosing Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino as your vacation destination. We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Kwidama
Assistant to the General Manager

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I thought something was fishy almost from the start. Most of the resort was perfect except for the bar. I heard someone complain within the first 24 hours of staying here that they had to drink the equivalent of 10 drinks just to get a buzz. I decided to test this theory last night. Not including the half dozen alcoholic beverages i had during the day in the liter cup i brought from home, i decided to do shots and beer before dinner. I literally had 6 shots of tequila and 6 beers in an hour before dinner, without even a hint of a buzz. I kept drinking mixed drinks for another 2 hours after at the rate of 3 an hour. I woke up this morning and realized that either all alcohol on this resort is watered down or not even remotely real. I can understand the resort doesn't want a bunch of drunk idiots passing out in the pool area but dammit dont lie to my face with an all inclusive deal including alcohol. I would have picked a different resort on a different island for $2000 over 5 days.

Room Tip: get a room in the center of the resort. Rooms on the edge of the resort are exposed to clubs and noise till 2 am
3  Thank Allendurie
Reviewed 15 May 2014

no real greeting when arriving and then they lost the luggage 1st thing at the resort, just taken to the wrong room by mistake, and I must say my hero Raylan worked hard to find it and bring to us, and he did just that. Our room was great , nothing lavish but kept nice, our maid did a wonderful job, and so did the the mini bar stocker, we never went without anything, just leave a few dollars yes part with a little cash, it goes along way to make a friend with these very hardworking people, and they took very good care of us. Our beach butler Amanda was sooo sweet, loved meeting her. I loved the beach and the snorkeling just take a roll with you and you can see all the fish you want. I was the pied piper of fish,Met several new friends from bldg. 8 ( where we were) who snorkeled with us to see the fish. Water very safe with the protective sea wall. Dining. still very flawed at the individual restuarants, food pretty good but timing and seating terrible. Needs working on. Bartenders very hard working and we loved the lobby bar after dinner. Met some nice couples and the bartenders here were great they all switch around, so you will see them at all the bars, Only complaint here was my hubby is a die hard beer drinker and they ran out of beer on friday and sat. night and rum on sat. how do you not order enough of the most popular drinks at an all inclusive, that was a 1st for us after staying at many all inclusives. I blame this on mgt not the bartenders, someone else holds the power for ordering and paying.Wanted to mention Vianella who waited on us in the Oceania she was awesome, so professional, wonderful wait person. All in all It was sunny, I had something frozen being server to me, room being cleaned and mini bar being stocked , hard to go very wrong with any of that. Loved all the people of curacao, very friendly and safe island, It was my pleasure. Will definitely give them some time to work a few kinks out before I go back. I will be off to Aruba next year back to my favorite.

Room Tip: We loved 8304 but you must be able to do steps, no elevator, but enjoyed the pool and view on this end.. 8304 we loved but you have to be able to do steps we feel it helped us work off the food, drink and ice cream,it was a triangular room and was actually bigger than some of the other we saw.very quiet and plenty cool, no hot water for 2 days but that was fixed and not other problems.
5  Thank VaDanagirltraveler

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your thorough comment about your recent stay with us.
It is great to read that above all, you enjoyed the interaction with our staff. We will make sure to forward the special mentions so they understand and realize that their hard work and dedication paid off and helped you create a create wonderful memories of your trip.

Nevertheless your comments have been forwarded to the corresponding department in order for corrective measures and actions to be taken.

Once again, thank you very much.

Yours Sincerely,

A. Kwidama
Assistant to the General Manager

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I been in the sunscape for one week, really awesome everything was great, more then I expect specially choochoo, great host, his group also nice thanks guys to the best vacation ever.see u soon choochoo.

Room Tip: ocean garden
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends