We are a late 20's early 30's couple on our first major trip to the Caribbean. I had broken my foot 5 week prior to our stay so we were pretty disappointed when our room was on the third floor with no elevators. Once in the room we saw the view and forgot all about wanting to be on the 1st floor. We felt safer with our balcony being on 3rd floor too.
Our house keeper was Christine and she is the sweetest lady we've ever met. She needs a raise!
We were blown away by the large beach and the number of fish you see when snorkeling. We even saw a lion fish! There were always chairs available and you could always find a quiet secluded area. The sunsets from the beach were wonderful, he even proposed while we were on the beach taking pictures on May 29th. Bring your water shoes as the beaches are partially covered in rough coral.
The food was really great at all the restaurants but we did wish they didn't have such strict serving hours. It was nice not having to tip for anything even drinks. We saved a ton of money.
The WiFi is only available in the lobby for $40 a week. There is also a concierge in the lobby to assist with booking of trips but it is wise to book ahead of time as they fill up quickly. It was about $77 to rent a car for the day through hertz but the ATM was broke down on the day we were going to rent it, there were not anymore gps's to rent, and they didn't have a map. So we paid for a taxi down to the grocery store which is fairly close and they didn't sell maps either. Luckily I told the cabby our dilemma and he was nice enough to give us a map and circle important streets and cool places to travel to on the island. All and all after we finally got the car driving around the island was quite the experience. There are not many driving rules to follow and it is hard to hard to navigate the whindy unmarked roads. But totally worth doing to get out and not have to be with a tour group. You should always make sure to go to public and see fired parking lots, parks and beaches though. We did hear of a group getting robbed at one of the caves that does not have security. The beaches on the north and west sides of the island are amazing. Large cliffs, teal water and white sand.
Driving in to Willemstad is interesting to say the least, we ended up driving over the massive bridge three times before we figured out the streets and the turn arounds. Punda has the cheaper shopping and Otterbanda has the pretty buildings and architecture. We found better shopping and t-shirts at tbe airport though.
We took an amazing half day trip to the man made reef, the sunken tug boat and a sweet old fort in Caracais Baai. Larry was our tour guide and he was so hilarious but informative too.
Over all we had an amazing trip and would totally return to Sunscape due to it being the most bang for your buck alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad