Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Hilton Curacao(Willemstad)
US$256
US$201
  • Pool
Scuba Lodge & Suites(Willemstad)
US$119
BijBlauw(Willemstad)
US$130
US$262
US$216
Cancelon
US$990
5,368 results
All reviewssun clubjapanese restaurantbluewater grillentertainment teamworld cafea la carte restaurantsflamingo buildingpreferred clubda mariofire showseafoodthe blue water grillcoco cafecandy manjohnny rocketoceana barbaby love
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had a large Group for 50th anniversary celebration and we were told that this is a premium resort with premium food and Liquor, nothing was farther from the truth,
The bar did not have premium liquor , only one bottle of something premium was given to each bar to pacify the guest and when that bottle was gone you ha=d to wait till next day, every drink was rationed by a one once stopper and the staff was very unwilling to give you more almost acted like that they were instructed not to pour heavy drinks so you had to go back very often.
The food was less than mediocre and if you went after the first seating the chances of the most of the items o the menu being finished was almost guaranteed. the Buffet food looked awful after the first hour since it sat there for all three seating.
There was no leadership among the staff and no General Manager on duty and the Mangers on duty did not speak English, non of our issues got any response after giving our names and room numbers.
This was the worst resort experience that we ever had and we do not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank FRuchi
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for review posted regarding your visit at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa and Casino.
We value your feedback on the Trip Advisor. Your feedback will be intensively reviewed with all the departments concerned.

Our aim is to achieve the best results for all our guest that visit our resort. We are very confident that with your comments will have some clear indication into where we have to place more attention in order to improve our results.
We wish we had the opportunity to contact you while you were staying with us. We are certain that with some correction we could have changed your stay and maybe even make transform it into a positive one.

Once Again thank you very much.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Grounds are nice. Rooms are very dated but room AC was excellent. Beach is very nice. Food is up and down. Buffet breakfast good, Italian food is mediocre, Japanese was okay, hamburgers at grill are preformed frozen patties with no taste however mustard and ketchup are very good. Seafood restaurant ran out of menu items every night. Ran out of fish, same type of fish served when available but called different names. Grouper was not grouper. Sore spot was lack of premium liquor. Staff maintained multiple times that they just ran out of what many guests were requesting every day. One staff member told me that management only allows the facility a few bottles of premium liquor a day. When the bars runs out
too bad. Stay improved when I bought my own alcohol. Staff at the buffet and Japanese restaurant very good and attentive. Staff at seafood grill mediocre.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
10  Thank Travkey
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the time you took to write about your recent stay with us.
We take every comment received very seriously in order to continue improving our services.
Your comments have been forwarded to the corresponding personnel and they are in revision.

Once again, thank you very much for your review.

Have a pleasant day,

Reviewed 15 June 2014

First of all let me say the resort was fantastic. It is not a 5 star property and doesn't claim to be. The staff were all very friendly and helpful, especially Milagros in the buffet. I never experienced a rude employee. My guess is that the people claiming they were treated rudely by staff, were less than pleasant themselves. My wife and I booked a room in the Preferred Club. We were pleasantly surprised at check-in that we were upgraded to a master suite. What a view and what a beautiful and large room ! The pools were great, the beach was great, and the food was great. My only complaint is that they don't communicate the daily activities very well. A daily activity sheet is published each day but doesn't seem to be followed very well by the resort. The other complaint I have, which is not a fault of the resort, is that a lot of the guests are very rude ! My wife and I go on vacation to relax, not sweat the small stuff. I was waiting in line for my eggs to be cooked one morning and a guest walked up to me and said " you're still waiting on eggs ?!? That's not good. I'm putting that in the TripAdvisor report" ! Sorry, guy.......I'm on vacation and enjoying myself, not looking for reasons to complain. Great job to the entire staff. Keep up the good work, and remember , you will always run into guests who are looking for a reason to complain. If you want a 5 star resort, pay for it !

Room Tip: Room 2201 in the Royal Tower. Huge balcony, huge room, great view !
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank JeffG4917

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for taking time to write such a lovely comments about your recent vacation and for all your compliments. It is so rewarding to learn you fully enjoyed or hotel.
We would love to welcome you back home in the future, so that you relive the experience again.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This property has one amazing thing....it's beach area....they have used a rock wall to create a great swimming area resulting in a great place to snorkel right off the beach. Outside of this be prepared for poor food, poor/non-existent service, rude hotel staff who like to say "No" with no explanation. Whatever you do don't pay for the preferred club upgrade. We did not get the upgrade in advance, but at check in we took the bait (at least we negotiated and got it for only an extra $20 a night...much less than if we had signed up in advance.). What we got was a room at the far side of the resort making everything a walk, a "private" beach that anyone at the resort used by simply walking past the rope intended to divide the area, a non-existent bar service at the beach causing us to walk twice as far as the non-preferred guests to get to a bar...but wait we did get a brown beach towel when the non-preferred had orange towels...surely this is worth the extra fee :-(... While we were at the resort a ceiling tile fell in my husbands head in the shower, the desk agent who checked us in told us we were getting a renovated room (not the case as we saw someone else's while we were there, we saw two rats, the main bar smelled so bad it turned your stomach every time you walked within 5 feet if it, we were turned away from the Japanese restaurant because we did not have reservations (despite the hotel policy of no reservations), bars were usually "out of" the drink you wanted or something will be broken, do not eat their hamburgers or breakfast sausage...I actually spit food into my napkin for the first time in my life. One employee named Norma at the oceana bar was very nice, otherwise the majority of staff could care less if you are there or what help you need...to the point they will just continue their discussion or task and pretend like you are not there. We have stayed at other resorts and never experienced the poor service level like we did at the sunscape...if not for the beach and snorkeling we would have ended the trip early. Note: the room was clean.

Room Tip: Stay in the tower....the rooms are larger and have been renovated, it is also closer to activities and has an elevator....just be prepared for noise as there is a neighboring club that booms pretty loudly. The flamingo area is not renovated but is clean...if you are looking for quiet it is at the far end of the resort so it is peaceful and you just have to walk for any drinks or food.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank A G

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review concerning your accommodation and experience at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino.

We are very grateful to receive your extensive feedback as this will provide us clear indication into where to work. We are very disappointed that we were not able to meet your overall expectation.

As a service oriented company, we always make efforts to meet and succeed our guest’s expectations and for that reason your comments and feedback are taken very seriously in order to offer all our clients a remarkable experience and high quality service as you all deserve.

Nevertheless your comments have been forwarded to the corresponding department in order for corrective measures and actions to be taken.

We look forward to an opportunity of hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed at this resort for a bachelorette. As soon as we went to check in they informed us that we would all be staying in separate towers as they did not have much availability. We found this odd as the resort was dead. I ended up in one of the older towers and the room was on the same level as a motel. I requested a double bed room and was given a single bed. Went to the front desk to ask for another room and the woman at the front was rude and not understanding. I then decided to speak with another employee to switch my room and was advised by him that he was giving me a special room (preferred member club room) with a private beach and pool. Went to my new room that was a good 5 min walk from my friends and the floor was covered in water. By this point hours had passed and I needed a drink. I asked for the room to be cleaned and decided I would try for another room the next day. There was not ONE staff member that was welcoming as we walked around the resort noone said hello and when we went to the grill for food they were pretty much out of everything and refused to replenish anything as they said they are closing soon. My girlfriend was served a frozen veggie burger. That evening we went for Hibachi and had to wait and hour and 30 minutes before the guy came out to cook our food. Once the food was ready we all quickly realized the chicken was rancid and decided not to eat anything else at this restaurant. By morning we were starving and breakfast was even worse. Noone served coffee we had to flag someone down to even get silverware. The eggs were cold and flies were all over the fruit. Again the meat for breakfast was rancid. This trend carried for the 4 days that we stayed at this resort. I finally got my room changed the 2nd day in but quickly realized I was not given any special treatment for my room situation as all of the rooms in the new tower were labeled "Preferred Club Member Room". Do Not Stay at this resort it is way over priced and the staff looks miserable.

Room Tip: Make sure you request the new tower when you book your room. Otherwise you risk a chance of getting one of their older rooms that is comparable to a motel.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank VPatel56
Awendel K, Assistant to the General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us about your recent stay.
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. We deeply regret that we were not able to meet your overall expectation.
As a service oriented company, we always strive to meet and succeed our guests' expectations and for that reason your comments and feedback are taken very seriously in order to offer all our clients a remarkable experience and high quality service as you all deserve.

Please receive our apologies if we didn't your expectations. We are sure that if you would have reached out to one member of our management staff, we would have done anything in our reach to change your perspective.

Once again thank you very much.