“Great getaway.”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Mississauga, Canada
“Great getaway.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel was undergoing some upgrades so there was some construction activity, but our all-inclusive pkge was well priced, so you go with the flow.
Only real criticism was there was no free Wi-Fi. Cost to rent was crazy.
Our package included free daily scuba-dive! Great diving off the beach breakwater - awesome corals & fish. Snorkelling was excellent.
Nicely spread out facility.
Food was nothing special at either the buffet or the restaurants on site.
Rent a car and hit some of the beaches around the island. Take a snorkelling/dive cruise - the underwater scenery is great.
Found prices in Willemstad expensive compared many places, such as Phillipsburg, St Maarten. Booze/cigars not cheap. Town is good place to walk around.
My wife & I enjoyed Curacao and the resort. We'd probably go back again for the diving on-site and to do more off-site diving as there was so many places to go.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MikeP1959
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing as your vacation destination.
We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your service,

Jose Colretto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,384)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Levelland
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The entertainment every day is very fun, there is something for everyone to do. The location is beyond beautiful and the staff is always waiting on you hand and foot. The resort goes right along with the perfect beach.

• Stayed June 2014
5 Thank Devoq97
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely comments about your recent vacation and for all your compliments. It is so rewarding to learn you fully enjoyed our hotel.
We would love to welcome you back home in the future, so that you can relive experience again.

Dallas
Reviewed 1 July 2014

When my group arrived to Sunscape we were met with first class treatment. We were greeted, escorted to our rooms, and the staff made sure we knew about activities that were going on around the resort.

The staff was amazing. Everyone was friendly and very helpful. By the 2nd day of my trip, the staff greeted me by my first name. They were even introducing me to staff members that were off the day before. The staff could not have been better.

My room was beautiful and very clean. Each day it was cleaned properly and the mini bar was filled daily. The grounds of sunscape were nice and it gave my vacation a relaxed feeling. The food on the buffet was really good. The Japanese and Italian restaurants on the resort were great. My group also had a private dinner on the beach at the resort and it was excellent. We could not have been treated better.

All of the staff were great but there were some that really stood out and were unforgettable. Xiomara always was pleasant and made sure my group had comfortable seating arrangements at the buffet. Prince t, Roshan and Leo de lion were amazing and handled the entertainment. Elfred was great. Steli was an excellent bartender and gave great suggestions and excellent service. Gigio was an excellent bartender. I don't know how he was able to service everyone at the lounge with a smile and perfection but he did it, night after night. Zeric, Obryan, John, Jhonson, and Viejalis were all great as well.

I usually like to travel to a different place each year, but I loved Sunscape and Curaçao so much I have to return here again.

Thank you Sunscape!

Joe

• Stayed June 2014
6 Thank ellisexperience
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 4 July 2014

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino,

It is always a pleasure to receive reviews as positive and kind as yours.

Knowing that our guests make such great memories at our resort and that the hard work of our staff is being appreciated by our valuable guests, are the reason why we keep on looking for better ways to please our guests. We sincerely appreciate your comments.

We look forward to keep indulging you and your family at the resort.

Always at your service!

Chester, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We have just returned from a 5 night stay at Sunscape Curacao with a group of 14 people. Overall we had a great trip! The staff was very attentive. They knew us and greeted us with a smile every time we saw them. They were able to accommodate our large group during each meal. During the day the Entertainment Team kept us entertained by having dance lessons, a foam pool party,bingo, volleyball, aqua fitness, etc. After dinner they continued the entertainment with nightly shows and competitions (Battle of the Sexes and the Dance Competition). For those who wanted to keep the party going, we went to the Disco (on the far left side of the resort if you are facing the beach) and partied with the Entertainment team until 2am! We came to Curacao to let loose and have fun as well as tour the beautiful island. All was accomplished at Sunscape Curacao. There were so many absolutely wonderful staff members who assisted in making our stay an excellent one!!! They include:
Prince T, Leo De Lion, Johny, Zeric, Crazy G,OBryan (Entertainment Team), Xavier (Manager), Denise (Preferred Club lounge), Daynalisa (Hostess-World Cafe), Steli, Elfred & Renee (Bartenders-Sugar Reef Bar), Gigio (Bartender-Desires). We were so used to seeing their faces everyday we were sad when we had to leave on Sunday. These staff members, and others who's names I'm sure I've left off, were all awesome. Thank you all for the great time we had. We hope we are able to come back to Sunscape Curacao to see them all again soon!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool offer a better view of the Sea.
2 Thank Val T
Dear Guest,

We would love to welcome you back home in the future, so that you can relive the whole experience again.

Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I traveled with a group of 14 people. The staff was very good at remembering our faces and names. When it was time to eat our tables were ready and set for all of us. The one issue we did have with not having entertainment staff on one of the nights was handled efficiently and professionally by Xavier.

Special thanks to Prince T, Crazy G, Johny, Zeric, Bryan, and Leo for showing us a great time. Also thanks to Daynalisa, Milagros, Stele, Gigio, and Denise for their friendliness.

I would definitely return in the future due to the kindness of the people listed.

The resort was beautiful with an awesome view. Our rooms were lovely and the housekeeping staff maintained it very well.

1 Thank VAsFinest
Dear Guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share this wonderful experience.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and to be part one of the most important event in your life. We are glad we've made it as special as it was, allowing you to enjoy to the fullest.

It is very pleasant to hear you had an amazing time here, and enjoyed every minute of your stay, thanks to the exceptional attentions provided by our staff members, whose mission is to offer you a remarkable and unforgettable experience.

Thank you very much for choosing Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino as your vacation destination. We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Trinidad
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Visited Sunscape mid June 2014 with my girlfriend and we both agreed the staff made our stay very memorable. Maybe the rooms need a bit of upgrading but that cannot take away from the experience we had from the excellent staff at Sunscape.
Got checked in by Azaria, very pleasant lady, very efficient and a lovely smile. Taken to our room by Reinout. Gave us a tour of the facility while we were on the way to the room very knowledgeable about the hotel. There was an issue with the safe in the room which he showed a huge amount of initiative in having it resolved. I must commend him for that we had dinner and by the time we came back it was fixed.
Next morning at breakfast you're greeted by Milagros, hostess at the world cafe. Everyone morning even if you're not yet heading for breakfast you'd see her with a lovely smile on her face. Started to get the hang of the Papiamento language through her. It was real fun.
If you see Patria at the omelet station be prepared to go for seconds. She made omelets with cheddar cheese. oooo I went back three times. Everyday I was there and yes served with a smile. Must make mention of Marjuska and Wander. Not only me and my girlfriend but all the other guest, they made sure everyone was comfortable and satisfied. I have a weakness for ice-cream and they picked up on this and made sure I had my fill. They also had warm smiles on their faces.
17th of each month we have a date night and by far this would qualify as one of the best date nights. That night I really felt like having a piece of cheescake after dinner. There wasn't any but Xiomara , evening hostess at world cafe, with this assistance of Khandacey and Hortense made up a dessert plate for us. As I said there wasn't any cheesecake but love,thought and effort that went in to that dessert plate was far better than any piece of cheesecake. I really appreciated their work that night and it is one that I would hold dear for a very very very long time.
Following night we took in the action at the Himitsu restaurant. Look for the host Enrique. He'll take care of you. We were entertained by Chef Sherman. Not only good entertainment but delicious food.
If you have dinner at the Blue Water Grill prepare for a nice relaxing atmosphere by the water. Look out for Richenly. Very nice waiter. Food was tasty.
We had to try all restaurants during our stay. We took up the Da Mario. We have to thank hostess Mismeilin for setting that wonderful evening. Elythia was very efficient and pleasant. The girlfriend had a difficult time making a choice from the menu. Through this she was very patient.
I didn't get to meet any of the housekeeping staff. Think they timed our movements. But we were always delighted to return to our room cleaned and refrigerator restocked.
Was a bit sad leaving. We were asked to do a survey when checking out question was asked who was our favourite person we came into contact with? This was quite difficult because we could have only named one person but all who I have spoken about in my review did their part in making our vacation a truly special one.
I surely will return. Maybe I'd get my cheesecake but more importantly I would like to see our friends we made there.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Stanton N
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest of greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino.
We just love it when we are able to make our guests happy and when they leave completely satisfied. Thank you for vacationing with us and for your encouraging and flattering comments towards our staff. It is very important to us that our guests feel special and right at home; we are happy we were able to achieve this with you.

We hope to have the chance of being able to pamper you again and make your next experience an even more special one.

Your Sincerely,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 July 2014

First of all, after reading some reviews, I was very concerned before arriving that my friends and I were going to be disappointed. We actually had an amazing trip. So, if you're stressing about that, don't worry, you'll have a great time!

Our first day was a little rough. We arrived on a Tuesday and I don't know if they had some issues earlier in the day or what but that afternoon/evening we had issues with the bartenders and restaurant staff being very rude and unhelpful. The manager of the Japanese restaurant, Enrique, gave us a buzzer when we checked in at 7PM just after the first wave of dinner guests saying it would be 45 minutes to an hour to wait. So, we sat at a table in the pool area with drinks waiting. After an hour, we checked back and he just kept telling us 15 minutes every time we asked. After a while he informed us that one of the cooks had called out and it was causing delays. Which I completely understand but if he had told us that, we would have gone somewhere else. We finally got seated around 9:30.

After that, however, the rest of the trip was wonderful! The beach was beautiful, the staff was wonderful, and we thoroughly enjoyed our trip. We even made friends with another group on vacation and played volleyball in the pool with them most days. I would especially like to thank Zeric, John, and Prince T who did everything possible to make our trip wonderful! There was also a female bartender who typically wore a yellow, tropical shirt at the Sugar Reef most days who was super friendly and made fantastic drinks. I regret not having her name. It wasn't on her name tag when I looked and I never thought to ask. We made sure to tip her before we left. I won a free mini facial while I was there and Joanna took care of me at the spa. She did a wonderful job and the facial was amazing.

Make sure you snorkel while you're our there. The views are beautiful!

I have to say the best restaurant at the resort was the Italian one. I had their seafood linguini and it was delicious! Oceana was good too Particularly the ceviche and clam chowder. However, I would recommend ordering a couple of appetizers each since some of the servings are small. I ordered the shrimp skewers and it only came with 3 shrimp. I may be wrong but I thinks 5 or 6 counts as a serving. It was also wonderful to have mimosas at the breakfast buffet every morning and to try the different tropical fruits!

We were there celebrating my birthday and on that night, we returned to find fresh fruit and a bottle of champagne awaiting us in the room!

The curacao cocktails offered at the bars are delicious! There's the Blue Monkey, Blue Hawaiian, and Dark Sky. The dark sky was my favorite but a lot of the guys in our party loved the Blue Monkeys. The Dark Dutch Caribbean run was delicious!

The only complaint I really have about the trip overall is that it's almost impossible to get a warm shower. Because so many guests are showering at the same times it seems like the water heaters can't keep up. Most of the time the water was warmer if you turned the handle to cold rather than hot. After being out in the heat, I would have even been fine with the water just being warm but I only had 2 warm showers while I was there. The rest were cold... and I do mean cold. I had a little trouble standing under it sometimes. Especially if you get a little sunburned one day... Then the cold feels like ice.

Overall, however, the vacation was spectacular and I would recommend this resort to anyone. I would definitely return!

2 Thank Ashleigh C
Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us about your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao resort, Resort & Spa, and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination.

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort, such as the food, the Entertainment activities and the attentions provided from our staff.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Jose Corletto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!