“One of my best vacations!”

Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Raleigh, NC
“One of my best vacations!”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We went as a family: my mom, her boyfriend, my aunt and I. The staff was amazing. The food was amazing. The people were amazing. The island is AMAZING!
okay, the negative: The drinks are served in very small plastic cups...I'm a wine drinker. I was okay with the very limited selection, but not with drinking my wine out of plastic cup. So, I just held on to my wine glass from dinner, and no one tried to take it from me.
Most staff speak several languages, including English. However, it is not their first or even second language. We booked a trip on a catamaran. I thought at the time that the price was almost too good to be true...it was. We ended up on the back of a pick up for our snorkeling trip. Now, I was at first disappointed. Instead of snorkeling with drinks and lunch on a catamaran, we got an excellent tour guide who took the time to teach my very nervous aunt how to snorkel. He then took the stronger swimmers to another beach for some of the best snorkeling I've ever experienced. (and I'm a certified diver...admitting that snorkeling was fulfilling takes a lot) We also took a tour of the island. I believe it was called the east/west tour. The tour guide was not that great. He was quick to point out where you could play the lottery, but gave very little history or information that a tourist would be interested in. However, it was hard not to be impressed with the fact that Curacao is truly a paradise!
The positive: everything else! It's been a month since we got back and I'm still talking about how the hotdogs at the beach side grill were the best that I ever had...how clear the water was (do bring water shoes)...how the temperature was just perfect with the trade winds always blowing! MAN! I could live there, if for nothing other than that breeze!

6 Thank tybeehilton
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your experience here at our beautiful resort.

We are thrilled to hear that your stay with us met with your expectations, we thank you so much for all of your wonderful feedback and it is a real honor for us that you would recommend our resort to others.

We hope we have the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Jose Corletto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,381)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here in June of 2013 and had an excellent time. The beach is amazing with crystal clear water. Beach is a very short walk from room. Our room had a great ocean view room. There are plenty of lounge chairs and the beach is not over crowded. The sea wall creates and excellent environment for snorkeling right of the resorts beach. I spent a lot of time snorkeling hear and it was great not having to leave the resort to find a good snorkel spot. The specialty restaurants have great food. Our favorite was the Japanese steakhouse the chefs put on a great humors show with awesome food. The buffet restaurant food was not that great so we never really ate there. For lunch they have 2 beach grill bars that serve good food for lunch. Our room was small but nice with a great view. Curacao is an amazing island with great beaches, clear water and great snorkeling or diving. The water is also very safe to drink. Staff was great especially the entertainment staff they made sure you had a great time. We plan to stay here aging in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jared K
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property, your comments are very much valued. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service and ongoing upgrades to the property. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.

Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip at our resort.

Best Regards,

Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I visited this resort in March 2014 and enjoyed our restful vacation. An all inclusive resort is not generally our favourite, we chose this resort due to its proximity to Willemstad. The resort itself is smallish. We were fortunate to have a room overlooking the ocean. Some may say it was dated, but we didn't mind- the view more than made up for it. It was clean and the staff were friendly. The dive centre on the resort was fantastic and very accommodating. We loved watching the movies at night on the beach, very kid friendly, but fun for adults too! Popcorn and beverages were provided while you lounged under the stars.
Willemstad was very nice to visit, although we were hoping for a bit more culture. We used the local bus to get around from the resort to Willemstad. We rented a car and traveled all around the island, visiting some beautiful beaches and met some wonderful people. We felt safe at all times. Get off the resort and see the town, eat at the delicious restaurants and mingle with the locals!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank lilfish5626
Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to be your hosts during your vacation and thank you for the time you have taken to tell us of your experience.

Thank you very much for all of your feedback, and we are pleased to hear that overall you enjoyed your experience at our resort, we certainly hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,

POS
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This resort is your everyday average all inclusive resort. Excellent compound and the atmosphere is relaxing. There are a number of really fun and exciting activities on the compound. Excellent beach and water activities. The entertainment crew is very friendly and interactive, they are good crowd pleasers. The nightly entertainment is good and suitable for all ages. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. I liked the fact that bottled drinking water was provided among the things in the mini bar. I was not impressed by some of the staff who showed preference to some guests and not equal treatment for all. However, the general staff on the compound are really friendly and hospitable. The food was not up to standard, the breakfast was as expected of an all inclusive resort, nothing to whaw about. Lunch and dinner were disappointing, especially at the World Cafe. The food at the specialty restaurants was good, however the wait time (no reservations accepted) is horrible if you are not there at 6.30pm. If you are unable to get seated at 6.30, you will wait till 8 or 8.30 onward. All items on the menu are not available at times in the later seating. Advice, get there early. That can be a hustle. Overall, the resort is one I would recommend to vacationers, beach lovers and families.

Room Tip: Rooms over-looking the Caribbean Sea are the best. The rooms next to the restaurants and entertainme...
3 Thank Clari B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing us as your holiday destination and we appreciate the time you have taken to post a review of your stay with us.

We thank you for your feedback, both positive and otherwise, here at our wonderful resort we always take on board the comments left to us by our much valued guests as this is an excellent way of making improvements in the future.

We certainly hope you to see you again in the near future as it would be our pleasure to serve you once again.

Hammond, Wisconsin
Reviewed 9 July 2014

My wife and I went to the Sunscape for our Honeymoon and all I can say, is we will be back!! For the price this place is hard to beat! The staff (Obryan, "Reggie Bush", "G", Leo, Gi Joe, etc.) were all outstanding, friendly, and helpful! The nightly entertainment was entertaining and fun. Everyone on the island was really friendly on and off the resort. We had rented a car for the whole week (which I would recommend because there is a lot to see outside of the resort) and there wasn't a time where we felt unsafe or uncomfortable. The food was great for the price that you pay. for the reviews you read complaining about the food, those are the people that expect a 5 star restaurant quality and for the price you pay for the resort the food was better than I was expecting. As for the drinks, a lot of reviews say that the drinks are weak, all you have to do is ask for a double or to make it strong, problem solved. We met a lot of fun people and a lot of people on their honeymoon. If you do go there for your honeymoon. Make sure you let them know and they will give you some extra benefits. If you do rent a car make sure you check out some of the beaches on the West side of the island, they were beautiful and had great snorkeling. We will definitely be going back to the sunscape!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Jon S
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. We just love it when we are able to make our guests happy and when they leave completely satisfied. Thank you for vacationing with us and for your encouraging and flattering comments towards our staff. It is very important to us that our guests feel special and right at home; we are happy we were able to achieve this with you.

We hope to have the chance of being able to pamper you and make your next experience an even more special one. See you soon!

United States
Reviewed 8 July 2014

If you are looking for an all inclusive place to go in Curacao, this is the place to go. Really friendly staff, the entertainment was really good too. Honestly, I thought there could have been more activities during the day, but that is why I gave them a 4 instead of a 5. If you go there make sure you ask for O'Bryan or Johnny if you need anything, he's great. Also, in food services there was a young lady names Danyalisa (sorry if I spelled the name wrong), but very close. She is awesome too and learns your name in just a couple of days. She will help you with anything food wise. The rooms are very clean and very spacious. In each room there is a fridge that is fully stocked with water and soda also. As far as the water and sights in Curacao, they are worth going for. Make sure you bring your snorkel or scuba gear, the fish, octopus, sea anemones, and turtles are worth looking at. Very beautiful!

Room Tip: You get free wifi if you are a preferred guest, so ask about that.
6 Thank Cheryl D
Dear guest,

Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino and we really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. Thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination.

We are glad to hear your overall experience was a great one, and you enjoyed every aspect of the resort, such as the food, the entertainment activities and the attentions provided from our staff that strive to deliver exceptional service.

We look forward to having you back soon.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your service,

Jose Coletto
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was here a week on a dive trip I wasn't that impressed with the food but it was free and I didn't have to cook it so that made up for it I did enjoy the japonize much more then the itailian I did make some friends with the entertainment guys and they made it more fun when I wasn't underwater which is where I wanted to be most of the time the diving was AWESOME its my new 2nd favorite place next to the great barrior reef I didn't get out much but the 1 day that I did I had a horrible dinner at the governor restaurant in my opinion this place was aces and would go back in a heartbeat

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Mptrucker
Dear Guest,

We would like to take the opportunity to thank you for making us part of such a special trip and for sharing your positive experience with others through this forum.

We are extremely happy to read that we were able to fulfill your expectations and that our staff’s friendliness and hospitality, was able to contribute to how good your vacation was.
It was a pleasure to have vacationed with you.

We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Best regards,

Jose Corletto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Van der Valk Kontiki Beach Resort
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Scuba Lodge & Suites
Scuba Lodge & Suites
#2 of 32 in Willemstad
Floris Suite Hotel - Spa & Beach Club
Renaissance Curacao Resort & Casino
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!