I chose Sunscape Curacao after vacationing several years ago at a Breezes resort which was fantastic. Sunscape is formerly a Breezes property, and I thought all-inclusive was the way to go.
Let me start with the positives. The beach and the water are absolutely beautiful. There is quite a bit of coral on the sand and at the water's edge, so you will definitely want to wear water shoes. The staff was very friendly, the entertainment team really did their best. I was impressed that they asked our names and actually remembered us and greeted us by name any time they saw us. The food was delicious. The buffet always had a large selection of really tasty food to choose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner, with no wait. And the coffee was outstanding, I even bought a pound to bring home with me. The restaurants all had great food also, however, one restaurant was closed each night which left the others with very long wait times, one night we ate dinner at 10pm. We had fantastic massages at the spa, and the fitness area was adequate, with a few treadmills, elipticals and weight lifting equipment.
Unfortunately, the all-inclusive drinks have an extremely low alcohol content. They seem to be watered down. The Polar Beer is good, but you can't get a bottle of it outside the mini-bar in your room. Which, by the way, is a joke. 2 beers, 2 bottles of water and 2 bottles of soda a day. We did have to call several times to have our fridge stocked. One day it took several phone calls and a visit to the front desk, and complaining to a staff member at a bar to get water delivered. On the last day, we actually ran out of toilet paper. I know, right? Wifi is NOT free, very expensive to be honest, and only available in the lobby area. We were offered the opportunity to become members of the "preferred club" which offered perks including wifi and our own private butler on the preferred beach. Needless to say, we sat on this beach which was farthest away from any bar with everyone else who wanted to sit there, and never once saw anyone who remotely resembled a butler. Our "preferred status" actually caused us to have to walk further any time we wanted a crappy drink. lol, can't even get a bottle of water (other than the ones delivered to your room) without paying for it. (All-inclusive???) The gift shop it tiny and very expensive.
This resort is very family friendly. There were several families with many very small children. Not my idea of a relaxing vacation. There was very little-to-no nightlife. The entertainment team tries very hard, and they do a great job, but the "disco" doubles as the "sports bar" during the day, and probably can't hold more than 20 people comfortably.
The room was decent, with a good view of the beach. The air conditioning worked almost too well. We had a nice balcony where I would sit at night and read, until a family with 3 toddlers moved in and took over the pool directly below us. There are several pools in several different areas, and a decent-sized hot tub which is supposed to be adults only. They don't really do anything to keep kids out, though.
The cleaning staff was friendly enough, but the rooms were far from immaculate.
The bell-hop never showed up to bring our luggage down the day we were leaving, so I had to drag my luggage down the steps myself. We were on the 2nd floor, and because all the buildings are only 2 stories, there are no elevators.
As I was leaving, one of the staff members asked me to be sure to log onto Trip dvisor and review the resort, so I have. I would not recommend this resort to any of my friends or family members. I have been telling everyone how disappointed I was. Curacao is beautiful, and Sunscape wasn't horrible, but it's definitely over priced, and the advertisements for it are extremely over exaggerated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near one of the world's most praised diving sites, Sunscape Curaçao Resort, Spa & Casino offers guests a fun-filled getaway of a lifetime with all the privileges of Unlimited-Fun(R). All guests will enjoy limitless access to six delectable restaurants, where reservations are never required and endless domestic and international beverages from seven chic bars and lounges. The Explorer's Club is where kids, ages 3 to 12, can have their own fun while under the supervision of Red Cross certified supervisors and the Core Zone Teens Club offers special activities and events for teens 13 to 17-years-old. All guests will have the fun-filled getaway of a lifetime at Sunscape Curaçao with activities, events, parties and more where wristbands are never required! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotelopia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breezes Resort, Spa & Casino - Curacao Hotel Willemstad
- Breezes Resort, Spa And Casino - Curacao
- Breezes Curacao Hotel
- Breezes Resort Curacao
- Superclub Breezes Curacao
- Breeze Curacao
- Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino Willemstad