“Amazing vacations!”

Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 29 August 2014

It was an experience fabolous, my wife and me had the best vacations! the service is great, my wife was enchanted for the spa. We enjoy the restaurants and facilities. We are so happy. We would come back soon.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jesse M
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Receive the warmest greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino.
Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination and taking the time to share with us your resent stay with us. We thank you for your comments, please know we appreciate them and it means a lot to us, as it helps us know that we are accomplishing our goals of making our guests happy.

We are delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and that you enjoyed most of the facilities. Most important that our staff 's mission is to offer you a remarkable and unforgettable experience.

On behalf of Sunscape Curacao, we look forward to your next stay at your home away from home. Hoping it is sometime soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 28 August 2014

The resort is NOT a 3-4 star resort. The wait and bar staff were often slow and unaccommodating. The pool bar was never open and the adults only policies were never enforced. The wait for the restaurants was nearly 2 hours for dinner and when finally seated, only 1/2 the items were available from the meeting. We called to order room service, but the phone was never answered. We finally went to the front desk to place our order and breakfast was delivered 1 1/2 hours later and cold.

The beach was nice, but very rocky. The location is great near the Aquarium, Mambo Beach and downtown. If you are able I suggest renting a car and venturing out on the island to visit other beaches. The room decor and comfort was satisfactory. I cannot stress the lack of customer service and ambiance. It's just not what you would normally expected for a beach resort in the Caribbean. I would not recommend this "resort" for future visits.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank msdeb123
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino,
Thank you for informing us of your recent stay.

It was a pleasure to host you at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino.
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your experience. We deeply regret that we were not able to meet your overall expectation.
As a service oriented company, we always strive to meet and succeed our guests' expectations, and for that reason, your comments and feedback are taken very seriously in order to offer all our clients a remarkable experience and high quality service as you all deserve.
We wish we had the opportunity to contact you while you were staying with us. We are certain that with some correction we would have changed your stay and maybe even make transform it into a positive one.

We look forward to an opportunity of hosting you and your family again in the future.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 27 August 2014

A 3and no more. Place needs renovations. Entertainment needs much to be desired.restaurants are all outdoors, mosquitoes and flies love this.very hot and humid even at 9:00pm. Bug spray from lobby store $21.00.

Room Tip: Hope for preferred guest upgrade.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank lt48
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We recently travel on trip with my husband company to this resort, I read some bad reviews about this place so I was a little nervous but I have to say we had a great time, sales &events staff were amazing, everyone was nice & very helpful, Himitsu my favorite restaurant, beach length is great to walk or just lay down in a far spot, preferred pool it was nice & quiet however we stay in the Royal tower near the restaurants & main pool. I would say don’t believe everything you read , live it yourself :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the Royal tower are the best are quiet and big, preferred is good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 August 2014

First, the beach and water was beautiful! I am in my late 20's and stayed at the resort for a week with friends. We had a great time! It was a good mix of families, couples and groups. The resort was clean and nice but not over the top, you get what you pay for. My only complaint about the appearance was smaller/ older bathroom. I did really enjoy staying there.
The Great: Milagros. Milagros was a hostess at the world cafe and honestly was one of the few employees that enjoyed her job, wanted you to have a good vacation experience and sincerely cared. She said she worked as a hostess at world cafe, but I swear this woman didn't stop working, she was always at a different place throughout the day with a smile on her face! She made our vacation! Also, our favorite bartender was Johnathan in the lobby, so sweet.
The good: the entertainment team was fun! They got everyone up and moving (if you wanted to).
The food was good, nothing great, but no one got sick :-)
The bad: all week we continued to request bottled water for our mini refrigerator in our room, numerous calls to the front desk and walked down. We got water once throughout the week. You can drink the water there but we wanted a bottle for the gym or a trip into town.
The worst: the all day snorkel excursion to Little/ Klein Curaçao. We all agreed it was the worst day of our lives! We took (what appeared to be a large catamaran) boat into huge waves. It took an hour to get to the island. Numerous people were vomiting, bleeding and passing out. Yes, the island and water was nice, but not worth the painful trip. Half of our group was laying under a hut, miserable.

Other vacation tips, going into town was fun a beautiful. Other vacationer recommended only spending a few hours in town and it was a great recommendation. A must see but not an all day or morning event. Also, my friend had water shoes for the ocean, that was a great idea. There are white long sea rocks (I don't know what they truly are) that are rough on your feet as you walk into the beautiful water and soft sand.

Honestly, you have to find Milagros. I hope they see how wonderful of an employee and person she truly is and promote her!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
9  Thank Heather F
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. Thank you for having chosen us as your vacation destination in Curacao and for such an amazing review. We are thrilled to read about your successful stay with us. We do our best to make sure that our guests receive the most excellent service during their stay.

It was a pleasure to have taken care of you and we look forward to your next visit at your home away from home.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited with a group of 7: including 3 adults, 3 small kids and a senior citizen!

Overall, the experience was superb, and we were welcomed and treated like royalty the entire time. I will offer a few opportunities for improvement and then get to the many, many exceptional parts.

Let me preface this by saying that I believe the negatives below were the fault of the owners, not the local managers or staff working in the resort. I know that anything placed in these reviews, including a low rating will probably result in severe punishment of the local team working in the resort - in either restricted incentives or corrective action.

First, the swim-up bar was not operational the entire 7 days we visited. This was very disappointing and the adults in our group were so looking forward to this part. The owners should ensure the team at the resort has the appropriate staff to accommodate all the amenities. Staffing was given as the reason for the non-operation of the swim-up bar, but let me be clear here - the team that was working - seemed to be working very, very hard and they were all wonderful. I just don't think they were provided enough team members by Human Resources or the owners.

Second, there was no butler service at the preferred beach section. This had been promised and as you can see in other reviews, we were not the only ones to notice that this did not exist.

These two negatives did not ruin or detract from the outstanding experience we had. They are merely opportunities to improve on an already exquisite property and resort.

The best part of the whole place is the staff. The team was phenomenal every step of the way, every day and could not have done more to make us feel special.

Roxanne and the team in the Explorers Club for Kids were amazing. They made me feel safe leaving my 3 kids in their custody, provided clear instructions, were completely organized, tidy and fun for the children. Every single member of the Explorer Club team that we encountered was incredible. They were well spoken, professional, and always had a professional appearance. The kids raved about them and it was so cool how they all bonded with each other within a day or two. It was clear that you have experts in child care working here. The team was flexible, friendly and went out of their way to make our children feel special. Five stars!

The bartenders were always gracious and accommodating, both to us -- and to the kids making them special kid-friendly drinks like "Batman" and "Mickey Mouse". At one point, a bartender made my twin girls a special drink and gave them "snow balls" made out of ice! It was so sweet. While Norma was awesome with her mastery of the "chill out" drinks, the star of the bar was INGRID. She was a machine! Non-stop smiles, non-stop eye contact, non-stop working to make her guests AND co-workers comfortable. I noticed her working to help the other employees many times. INGRID ROCKS! Please make sure she is on your list of super stars!

Milagros was the hostess at the World Cafe and by far the sweetest and most attentive hostess ever. How she managed to learn every guest's name was beyond imagination. She knew we had a big party and went out of her way to assist us in getting tables at the restaurants in the evenings. She was bright, warm and sensitive to our every need.

The entertainment crew was wonderful and made every attempt to engage everyone in the fun.

The transfers to and from the airport were easy and clear. We took two day trips to Willemstad and the hotel staff made it easy.

The beach, pools, bathroom and rooms were all clean. The rooms were cleaned well, and we didn't have to wait too long for anything we needed.

Restaurants: Were all good. The Japanese one had a special show and the food was tasty, the Italian one was scrumptious and the selections were ample. The steak place was very good and the seafood restaurant was outstanding. Can not complain about any of the food in any of the venues - all of it was good and service was charming.

Spa: Was excellent - they took great care to ensure we were welcomed, treated perfectly and the services were top notch.

Gym: Was good. Small, but well stocked unit with everything you might need to stay in shape. Machines were in good working order.

Casino: Was good.

Snorkel Equipment/ Kayaks: Provided rent free up to 3:00-3:30pm. I thought they could have kept this free period until 4:30pm, but it was still a good experience. Employees and equipment all highly satisfactory.

Nightlife: Was good. There was a small club on site but there was a larger busy one right next door off - property that was extremely happening.

Getting into and out of Curacao was simple and fast. All of the local folks we encountered inside and outside the resort were friendly and warm. I didn't feel unsafe at any time, and I had 3 small children with us.

Highly recommend resort for family or couples. Value for the money was satisfactory.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower, they are the best.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
11  Thank T0mmy100
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I visited this hotel during the month of may whilst attending a conference. This hotel was really interesting to stay at. The food was wonderful and I was able to experience the cuisine at three of the restaurants. The best for me was the Italian restaurant. The staff was so hospitable and the entertainment team I give them 10 points. The beach was wonderful and just enough for a non swimmer like myself. I rate the conference facilities high as well conducive for learning as well as spacious enough for the large contingent of persons that was hosted. My room was beautiful, always clean and well kept.
The little time I had to shop, I shopped and the shop owners were very helpful, but just be careful with the conversion of US to guilders, a number of them convert how they feel some use 2 guilders to 1 US some convert at a higher rate.
I really enjoyed my stay at Sunscape and hope to revisit soon when I have more time to relax and lounge about.

Room Tip: Rooms to the west are closer to the main restaurants as well as the disco and pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Charlz8335
Jose C, General Manager at Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Sunscape Curacao Resort, Spa & Casino. We are thrilled to have made this vacation and a very special and memorable one. Thank you for highlighting how helpful, friendly and attentive our staff is, and for sharing such positive experience with others through this forum and for giving us the privilege of vacationing with us.

We are very proud of them all, as they go the extra mile to bring smiles upon our guest’s faces. Rest assured that your comments will be shared with them all.

It was more than a pleasure to have delighted you and taken care of you once again. We look forward to see you soon.

Best regards,

Jose Corletto

Also consider these accommodations in or near Willemstad
Lions Dive & Beach Resort Curacao
Hilton Curacao
Hilton Curacao
#16 of 32 in Willemstad
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort, Curacao

Been to Sunscape Curacao Resort Spa & Casino? Share your experiences!