The Royal Sea Aquarium was wonderful during the last week of October 2011. The resort is attached to the Dolphin Academy, and you get a free pass to the aquarium and the dolphin shows. The aquarium is really a lot of fun for kids, and the dolphin shows are just FUN.
The one bedroom unit is spacious, clean, and modern. There are two large flat screen TVs, one in the living room, one in the bedroom. There were two separate Murphy Beds in the living room. The balcony was HUGE and overlooked the ocean. There is FREE wifi all over the resort, and it was very strong anywhere in the room.
The kitchen was well stocked, although there was no paper towels, something I wish was standard. There are three grocery stores quite close to the resort, and there is a shuttle that runs to one of them. (I find the store that the shuttle goes to is a little more expensive than the one I go to...)
There is AMAZING snorkeling a short swim from the RSA private beach. Caracasbaii (free) and Jan Thiel Bay (small charge) are very close by as well.
The staff at the resort are amazing. The front office staff were warm and friendly and helpful. They offer a shuttle to a couple of local restaurants. Do check out Il forno's for brick oven pizza. The Wine Cellar (another free shuttle) is absolutely wonderful. I was disappointed with El Gaucho's this time, and would not go again. The onsite restaurant, Augusto's is ok. Mostly Italian dishes, with daily specials.
The housekeeping was very efficient, and cleaned our room, changed the towels and made the bed every day.
The Royal Sea Aquarium is a wonderful place. Love the staff, love the location, love the rooms. If I had one quibble, it's that I'd like a place to sit and have a drink while watching the sunset after a long day of swimming in the ocean!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad