We had one of the studio units facing the Sea Aquarium. It was wonderful to have the sun rise every morning and watch the dolphins jumping in the basin. two double beds, although there were only two of us, two couples would be comfortable in the unit. There is a dressing area with a walk in closet outside the bathroom. We had a small frig, tiny coffee maker and a microwave. If you intend to cook, you should take the one bedroom units. The patio was minute and barely sat two persons.
The resort is on a man made island across from the Lion's Dive Resort. You walk across the causeway to get to parking. Note, you are allowed to drive across with luggage or parcels but must return your car to a monitored parking lot.If you don't have a car there is a shuttle to the grocery store and down town.
It is much quieter than Mambo Beach area at night and certainly very secure.
One of the best things was Ocen Encounters on the property. A small two person submarine that takes you out and down the reef area. It was fun to watch people who returned with a great big smile on their faces. You also get unlimited admission to the Sea Aquarium.
AC worked well and it wasn't noisy in our unit.. Only drawback was no screen on the small patio so you couldn't leave your door open at night and listen to the surf and feel the breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad