We have recently returned from a fabulous week at the Royal Sea Aquarium. We exchanged our timeshare for a 2 bedroom villa which was perfect for our party of four. Our villa (building A) was spacious, clean and very comfortable with stunning views of the ocean from our balcony. The resort is small and intimate which we really liked. Staff was very friendly and courteous especially the young employees. The maintenance staff was very prompt when we had an issue with one of the toilets. The one thing I did notice with this particular property was that they really distinguish what perks are for members versus non-members. This was the first time we had encountered this when exchanging. In our past experiences with other exchange properties, as long as we were a part of Interval International, we had access to any perks we requested.
The beach here is small but lovely. There is easy access from the channel to the ocean side reef for some of the best snorkeling we have found in the Caribbean. As mentioned in other posts there is a shuttle for the grocery store which we did on our arrival day. We stocked up for the week and didn’t need to make a second trip. We found plenty to do in the area and did not rent a car. The water on the island is safe to drink due to their desalinization process. So the guys were grateful to not have to carry cases of bottled water.
Dining at the resort and neighboring restaurants was good. Nemo’s across the channel was excellent with both service and food. We liked it so much we went a second time. Hemmingway’s is a fun beach restaurant and we enjoyed the food and ambiance there as well. We also dined at Mambo’s up the beach. They are under construction, but all things considered, I enjoyed the food and service.
We did the snorkel program with the dolphins next door at the Sea Aquarium which was a highlight of the trip. The Dolphin Academy program is one of the best dolphin programs I have ever had the pleasure of participating in. I was very impressed with it all including the fact that they even take the dolphins outside the lagoon to the open ocean. When you are a guest of the Royal Sea Aquarium, there is no entry fee at the Sea Aquarium so you are able to stop and catch any of the shows or enjoy the sea life at your leisure.
Another fun day was the one we spent doing the ATV tour of the island with Eric’s Adventures, totally awesome day. Marco our guide was excellent and entertaining. He made the trip exciting and very interesting especially the stop at the bat cave.
We never felt the need to rent a car this trip, but would probably do so next time so we could explore more of the island. We really enjoyed our trip to Curacao and would love to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort is the perfect spot for a relaxing getaway or for a family vacation. The friendly staff will make you feel right at home and take care of your every need. Whether you decide to relax on the beach or by the pool, join in the fun activity program, try your hand at water sports, visit the world-famous Sea Aquarium right next door to the resort or explore the island, you are sure to enjoy yourselves.The resort has 30 fully furnished Caribbean Ocean View Two Bedroom Master Suites (sleeping six) which can be divided into 30 Ocean View One Bedroom Suites (sleeping four) and 30 Ocean View Junior Suites (sleeping two). We will do everything we can to help you and your family get the most out of your stay on Curacao and we hope that you find the resort information and sightseeing ideas featured here useful. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Sea Aquarium Hotel
- Royal Sea Aquarium Curaçao
- Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao
- The Royal Sea Aquarium Resort Curacao/Willemstad