“Great place”

Ranked #39 of 283 Restaurants in Willemstad
Price range: US$5 - US$40
Cuisines: Barbecue, Caribbean, Diner, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Cabana beach is a beautiful location to spend your day and enjoy the environment. During the day there is a beautiful view at the beach and blue sea and the evenings have a cozy atmosphere with great lighting effects in the umbrellas. Cabana beach offers something for every taste. You are relaxing between the palm trees on the bed of your choice, in the sun or shade. This beautiful beach with turquoise waters, swaying palm trees and a trendy restaurant will provide you ‘The Curacao Beach Experience’!
Dominican Republic
“Great place”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Just loved to be here. This place is great, nice atmosphere. The kids were happy too. Good service. I loved their pina colada cocktail. It was prepared exactly how i liked it.

• Visited March 2014
JelmerBoxma, Manager at Cabana Beach Curacao, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Hi Domingomichael,

thank you very much for your review! Our bartenders will be very happy to read that you like the way they make Pina Coladas!

Hope to see you at Cabana Beach again!

• Polish first
“Impatient waiters and food was bad”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went on honeymoon to Curacao and we stayed at the Kontiki beach resort. The hotel is very beautiful, with friendly staff and great view. It's the place to be for newly weds. We just stayed in Curacao for 2 days because we were island hopping. We thought we should stay near the hotel and experience everything about and around it. So we started our breakfast at the Cabana Beach restaurant, the food was awful. We had eggs, bacon and bread. The egg was disgusting (not cooked properly) and the bacon was overcooked. It looked liked the staff didn't clean the buffet tables, I was really disappointed, because I paid 20 $ for breakfast. Then that evening we had dinner at the hotel, because it was fish market we thought we would try the fish. We were more disappointed than before. We got a salad and there was hair in the salad. I gave the waitress my salad back and she gave me another plate, but then my appetite was already gone. The fish was not grilled well and later that night we got stomach ache. Every 5 minutes the waiters kept on asking if everything was OK. I didn't like that , because we were celebrating our honeymoon during dinner. Because the waiters kept on coming every 5 minutes we decided to leave as fast as we could and we also left the tasteless fish and salad. We paid the waiter and went to our room. That was the worst dinner I had in my life and for the crappy dinner we paid almost 100$. The next time I will surely go back to kontiki, but I am not eating at that restaurant.

• Visited April 2014
5 Thank Alca F
JelmerBoxma, Manager at Cabana Beach Curacao, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Thank you for your review, even though it’s the worst one we’ve ever had.

First of all we want to make our apologies for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay at our restaurant. I’m very sorry to read that the breakfast and dinner you had at Cabana Beach was not what you expected. Every day we are working on our level of service and you’re review helps us to improve it even more.
The Fishmarket is a concept that we are very proud of, we involve lot of fisherman’s to sell us the fresh, local caught, fish. You can choose the fish you want, our chef and his team will slice of the piece you want and grill it for you. They try to grill it exactly the way you want it but sometimes it happens that you want it over- or underdone. Please tell that to our waiters so we can make it the way you want it to be.

Again we make our apologies and hope you will visit us once again to see the improvements that we have made.
Santiago, Chile
“Nice ambiance, good staff, good meals!!!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We had breakfast. Well worth the 20USD. Lots of stuff to pick on (snack meals). Affordable prices. We had live music a couple of times. Great to get a bite to eat when on the beach as it is right next to it...

• Visited April 2014
JelmerBoxma, Manager at Cabana Beach Curacao, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hi Fabian2148,

thank you very much for your review. It's always good to know that our guests had a great time. Hope to see you again when you visit Curacao!

Kind regards,
Jelmer Boxma
Kralendijk, Bonaire
“Still looking for paradise.....stop searching”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is really the best beach on Curacao...great ambience, fantastic young and motivated team.
Always good music and you really shoud try the events at Cabana, it is the place to be..... Young, modern, stylish en great fun.
I have been there now several times and the food is very tasty, the fishmarket is to die for...do not miss this.
I will be back soon

• Visited March 2014
Trinidad
“Only negative restaurant experience of trip”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My husband and I honeymooned in Curacao. For the whole trip, the only partially negative restaurant experience was at Cabana. The setting is nice and we were seated without reservations, but it was only around 6.15pm. The service is polite, but there was more than one mixup with our orders. Perhaps there was a language barrier? My husband had the catch of the day. When I received my Ceasar Salad with chicken I told the nearest server (who wasn't our server) that I meant to have it vegetarian. She said no problem and took it back. One minute later, it was brought back and I was told a new one had been made although it was TOTALLY CLEAR they had just taken the chicken off it. I also ended up finding a small piece of chicken in it while eating, confirming this suspicion. We were also charged for bread we had ordered but never received. When we pointed this out they took it off the bill, but there were still issues with the total we paid being around $60 (no alcohol nor dessert) and not worth it at all. Everyone was very polite, but all the mixups put a small damper on the perfection I had been enjoying.

• Visited August 2013