“Great tour”

Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours
Ranked #39 of 105 Tours in Willemstad
More attraction details
Owner description: Private tours on Curacao for up to 4 People in a private SUV Car.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

DH and I were in curaçao via a cruise ship. I wanted to make the most of my visit. Martin met us right outside gate at cruise terminal. He showed us so many amazing and interesting sites around the island. Great snorkeling at playa Lagun. Shete Boka was so powerful so many awesome sites at Christofel park. We went to Playa Kenepa.... So beautiful. We also got to see the pink flamingos. He also toured us around the town, including the Jewish synagogue, shops, and floating market. Our belongings were secure and Martin made sure we made it back in time to board our ship.

1 Thank Beth S
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Dear Beth & Tim. It was a pleasure showing you my beautiful Curacao. Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review. There is so much to see on Curacao that I hope to see you back someday so I can let you enjoy other nice places.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Martin cancelled us also”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Reserved a tour with Martin in DECEMBER 2013 for our cruise stop in March 2014. We had several emails back and forth and then a confirmation from Martin. About two weeks before our cruise I emailed Martin just to confirm again. He sent me an email back saying that he had to cancel our tour due to a mix-up. He told me there were plenty of taxi drivers at the port who would be happy to show us around. Not cool!! Well, as it turned out, I am glad he cancelled because I found one of the best private tour guides I have ever had in my 20 years of cruising. We had a fantastic day, the best day of our 11 nt. cruise. Anyway if you book with Martin, make sure you have a back-up plan.

Lisa L. West Palm Beach, FL

2 Thank Lisa L
Dear Lisa, I can't remember what really happened. But I am very sorry that something like that happens. I have no excuse for this mistake. But I am glad to read that you found someone who toured you around. That you had the opportunity to see our beautiful island. The only thing I can offer is a free tour if you happen to visit Curacao again.
trinidad, TX
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Martin cancelled”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

We booked a tour with Martin Lenoire of Martin Travel tours for a tour of Curacao on Dec 18 and all was set, then he found out of Jan 12 that he was already booked so he cancelled us. I though this was a poor business practice, not to know whether or not you were booked on a specific day.

2 Thank Dale H
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Sir. First I want to apologize for this mix up. But I looked at the date when an other party ask for a tour I saw a cancellation beside your name. Unfortunately our e-mail conversation I already deleted. So I could not see when you cancelled. Something went wrong here. I am truly sorry about that. Next time you come to Curacao I will give you a free tour of the island.
williamsburg virginia
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Good tour of island”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Martin provided the two of us a good tour of the island. We saw several viewpoints on the island. We also saw all three ports, visited the National Bank and had a detailed tour of the downtown including the floating market. We also went to the Ostrich Farm for which there is an additional charge of $ 16 pp - well worth it. Martin can handle two maybe three in his car which is not air conditioned. We would recommend Martin's tours as tours on the island are limited and there is a lot to see on this very beautiful island.

1 Thank adventurer21
Martin L, Owner at Martin Travel Tours - Private Tours, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review on your trip with me. I'ts a shame that I did not notice that you liked to have the air conditioner on. That is of course always possible. Because I am used to the temperature of course. But I am glad that you liked our day tour. I always like to show people our beautiful island in the sun. I am happy to show you more next time you visit our island.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent, cosy tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We came to Curacao on a cruise ship, and had booked a tour with Martin in advance - mainly because he offered a tour to Shete Boka, which others didn't. We weren't disappointed - this was a great tour - although this tour was a bit different to others we've been on in the Caribbean, as it was just four of us in Martin's little 4x4, rather than a bigger group in a minibus. Martin took us to some great little sights, including a river inlet where we saw turtles swimming, a restaurant that had iguanas out the back, and the "pistol" at Shete Boka (which we could have stopped at all day to watch). Martin was very flexible on the day, and offered to do what we wanted (so do some research beforehand). He's worth booking in advance, as we think he's the only tour guide on the island who offers tours in German (so if there's a German ship in...) Note though that we had to meet him just outside the cruise terminal boundary - not a problem if you follow his instructions for meeting up, but we get the impression that not everyone does!!

Visited December 2013
Dear guest, Thank you for your time to write this review. And like you stated. I am flexible. Because it is your day! You decide what you want to do.