“I would not pay even 50$ for this old and dirty hotel.”

San Marco Hotel and Casino
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Please do not believe this photo on tripadvisor=this is why I have chosen this hotel.
First of all
I was so surprised that I was charged more than normal price because I have booked through Booking.com.
It as only 4.4$ but ( I wonder is this what they pay for booking.com aha aha and this hotel do not want to lose 2.2$ ) I was surprised.
I asked why I need to pay more than normal?
The answer was '' Because you used booking.com''

Internet was slow and not always going in my room...I asked why and the answer was
'' Problem!" no sorry nor no excuse... and they did not tell me when I can use it.and even in the robby for half day there was no internet.
Waitress and reception lady was one of the rudest workers I have ever seen in hotel business.

Very very old dirty building ...My room was rather clean but the fridge was not clean.
With this price ( says 85$ for single on sign board but I payed 174.4 for 2 nights thanks to Booking.com== actually I like booking.com and I always use it..I know this problem was not because of booking.com. The same problem happened in Punta cana (Dominican) too.

I would say this is Caribbean mentality problem.
They pay little money for Booking.com and they charge it on us guests without hiding the price cards. I have been using booking.com for about 50times all over the world and this has happened only in Caribbean countries and in Romania.
Absolutely no service and bad attitude . except for cleaning ladies = they were rather nice.

Room Tip: Never use booking company...but before that please do not choose this hotel. If you have to stay in...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank Maguder D

Reviewed 18 April 2013

I went to Willemstad for 10 days and i had a great time staying at San Marco. The staff is friendly and the location of the hotel is superb. The hotel is in budget. The room is good and i enjoyed my time there. If you want to visit Curacao and staying in the city, punda of course, please take the San Marco. Vanisha.

Room Tip: Take a room at the fifth floor. Room 503
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank haidy c
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This hotel is ideal for people doing business in the city. If you are going for a vacation or a special occasion forget it! Its a place to rest and thats all. The breakfast sucks. You only get cheese, ham and bread. When I requested eggs, I was told that I will have to pay extra for them. $1.50 each. But the location is in the heart of thd shopping area. I got a room with 2 single beds. The view from that room was a dirty alley. I went to the front desk and requested a king bed instead and was given a much better room on the 3rd floor with a little view. I will stay here again if I go to Curacao.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank KimleeR
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Stayed here with work with 3 other colleagues. It would appear the higher the floor the better the room as my colleagues room on the floor below was average to say the least and the other colleague on the floor below that was terrible. My room was acceptable and didn't have too many complaints but the other rooms were bad. Breakfast was terrible and after two days we skipped it completely. Location is good but the alleyway along the hotel is very unkept. Overall I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank David H
Reviewed 1 March 2013

So we stayed at this hotel for the location. And is in the middle of the tourist town. We spent two nights. The rooms smelled and were dirty. The safe in two of the three rooms we booked were broken and were not fixed even after we said something. Did I say my room smelled...gross. Staff was pleasant.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jecker
Reviewed 22 February 2013

This was the third and last time am staying in San Marco thinking it would improve but they just keep getting worst. Same cheap breakfast every morning, cheese, sausage, only 2 stale slice bread and dry leftover sweetbread made a week ago and when I ask for another slice of bread i was embarrassed by one of the cooks saying they cant give more,and imagine I payed for that .The room has a funny scent when u enter an even after the grumpy maids halfway clean. The ceiling has brown water marks all over, the shower has cracks, the bed sheets has stains. u could barely fit in the toilet. The two fat front desk assistants are very grumpy and unfriendly. I hope the manager or owner can read this and do some research. All the Trinidadians i met said they are never staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay on business or vacation choose another hotel than San marco.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Rishi365
Reviewed 20 October 2012

You have fabulous food, particularly your breakfast food but what this hotel is serving is disappointing, the room is ok, the service ok the location pretty good except that at the time of my stay they are digging up all the paving around the hotel. There is a seedy casino on the ground floor, but the price is right if you want to explore Willemstad for a day and watch the cruise ship passengers float in their bowl, did I mention - one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo