“"Danger, Will Robinson!"”

Ranked #25 of 32 Hotels in Willemstad
Miami Beach, Florida
“"Danger, Will Robinson!"”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

“Welcome to the 4th World.”
I work for the cruise lines, they put me here I have no choice, but you DO!
Here’s the positive; the restaurant is real good. I found the front desk staff to be nice but it’s like they’re representing the “1962 Mets”, so where do you go after that?
Here’s the rest; the mattress, horrible, springs digging into you. They should consider upgrading to nails if they’re going to torture the guests, do it right.
Internet; only by the front desk and you sit on hard, hard chairs. (Again the “nail option” should be considered here too.)
The maids, while good at their job, are staging a “Bat Mitzvah” in the hallway while you’re trying to sleep, then the maintenance guys come by to give their opinions, it DOESN’T STOP!
Finally the water, I was already paranoid before I checked in after reading that there is no hot water. It was ok not horrible, maybe 103 degrees.
In summation; bad bed, bad Internet, bad manners. Avoid this place!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank brucevodka

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We had a 24 hour layover in Curacao. I chose the Clarion because it had a good rate. The hotel was fine, though the room was a bit worn. It was clean and the beds were very good. The bar had a nice wood burning pizza oven and the pizza was great! Our only serious complaint was that there was absolutely no hot water to take a shower. I have traveled extensively in the tropics and know that you have to sometime let the water run for quite a while before it gets hot. Our shower never did.

The view from our room was nice: if you looked to the right we had a great sea view. Unfortunately, to the left there is a large factory, though it is fairly far away and didn't bother me. The grounds are nice. We didn't use the pool, but it looked good. There was a hot breakfast, which was quite nice. If it hadn't been for the cold shower, I would give a higher rating.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
guillermo o, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao, responded to this review, 21 November 2011
Dear guest.

thanks for your comments, we will consider your valuable opinion.
we are currently optimizing the service hot water in the showers
hope you visit us again

thank you for choosing the clarion hotel & suites curacao
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2011

my staying was comfortable the rooms it's ok.
and all foods in the restaurant are delicious all pizzas.
general the hotel is very nice!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Willemstad, Curacao
Reviewed 9 August 2011

we are local people here on curacao and we stay 1 night there , they don't work with reservation , they obligate me o give them my i.d for warranty ( i don't know for what is the first hotel that do that) and the front desk service was useless they dont have a smile and they dont help you for me they need to upgrade their old system that they r working with :(

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brandico
guillermo o, Director of Sales at Clarion Hotel & Suites Curacao, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
good afternoon Mr. Brandico

Thanks for your comment, and so we can continue improving our services. respond to your request our staff always request the id when a check in the copy appended to the file room.
thank you for choosing clarion hotel & suites curacao.

Travellers are raving about these Willemstad hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 2 August 2011

What one can imagine bad about hotel can be found in this hotel: dirty bed sheets, mold in the bathroom, leaking air conditioners with water dripping just on to the floor in the middle of the night. And the most disgusting was the smell. The smell mold was unbearable. Shower water is cold, internet is horrible. The only good was hotel restaurant’s food.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 24 February 2011

The hotel is fair. I stayed for one night before a reservation at another hotel started, and it worked fine for me, but I would not have been happy for the extended trip if I stayed there. It is a typical Clarion type budget hotel.

There is a nice courtyard and pool with bars and restaurants that are pretty nice, and an included breakfast that wasn't bad.

I will say though, the staff was quite nice. After there was an issue with my reservation, the staff went out of their way to make it work, and upgraded me to a suite for it.

The suite was quite large and nice overall. It would work out nice for a business trip or something of that matter as it is adjacent to the convention center.

There really is not a beach, something that confused me.. as the website mentioned one. True it is right across the street from the shore, but it is full of garbage and huge rocks with nowhere to sit or swim, so if you want a beach you either have to sneak into the Marriott's next door, or drive to one.

If you are on a budget and want to get to Curacao and don't care about your room much, give it a try, but if you want a relaxing trip, keep looking.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank castergalas
Walnut Creek, California
Reviewed 7 January 2011

Whilst the accommodation was reasonable it did not warrant the $260 a night price hike over the Holiday period. Albeit that the rooms had a dark dampness to them. The Service was the worst I have experienced! The toilet paper was running low for a few days, when it finally ran out I called the desk only to be told that room service is gone for the night and they will bring some in the morning. I went to the bar to get tissues. Next day when we came back from sightseeing at 2pm. No toilet paper. Called the frontdesk, later they just put one near the sink.
One morning we were refused a cup for the orange juice by the chef at 10:30 cause breakfast ended at 10. I went to the coffee station to get a cup and he ran out to remove the Orange juice tumbler. I went berserk.

This hotel is not owned by Clarion but operated under license. I will be writing to Clarion.

If you are going to Curacao over the Holidays book your hotel at least two months in advance or else all the good ones will be taken.

On the plus side, the unassuming public beach across the road afforded one of the best corals for snorkeling.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple