“Yummy pizza in a beautiful setting”

Tomatoes, Pizza at the Beach
Ranked #69 of 272 Restaurants in Willemstad
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The beautiful location of this restaurant at the Piscadera Bay, makes “Tomatoes pizza at the beach” a really unique place. All our pizzas are homemade with fresh ingredients and are baked in a tradional wood-burning masonry stone oven; accentuating the flavors of the fresh ingredients which are fused together into a great tasting pizza. Friday, Saturday and Sunday Happy hours from 4-5pm. Enjoy great pizza and tropical cocktails at our bar with the most beautiful ocean view. We are open daily from 4pm-10.30pm
Bethel, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy pizza in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We came across Tomatoes while exploring our area near the Hilton Hotel. We were looking for a more reasonably priced dinner option then the hotel and so glad we found this place! You can actually swim there from the hotel. We were actually getting it to go but the wait was a little long. I did notice though that the people that were eating in actually got a complimentary side for waiting which I thought was really nice. The pizza was thin crust and very flavorful. We both enjoyed it and probably would have gone back a second time if we were staying longer! Go check it out!!!

• Visited August 2014

Curacao
“Great ambiance, great view, great pizza, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is place with a great seaview and a nice view to the next door open air beach restaurant from which you sometimes can also enjoy the sound of their live bands.

Prices are reasonable, and they also serve salads that I did not try however I heard they are pretty good. There is wide choice in pizza's that are prepared in an open stove and there is also a wide choice in drinks, including cocktails.

Pizza's were good, so the only negative thing is the very slow service. There is parking lot in front of the restaurant however this is shared with their neighbours and may be full on busy days.

I definetely recommend the Tomatoes experience, just be aware of the slow service so you may want to come one hour earlier.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Everyone ends their diet when they land.. This is a great way to break it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Pizza can be so hit or miss, this is A HIT!! Great flavor but not so heavy to send you back to your hotel room for a nap. Great deal, great staff, and can always find some locals there for these reasons. Ring the bell for happy hour and look out onto the great blue water view. I will visit Tomatoes on our next trip.

“Pretty Good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We went to Pirate bay to swim one day and saw Tomatoes. We ended up ordering it the next day. Our condo did not have a phone, but there was a place to order online. So I sent in my order and my email address. The response email said I would get a response in 48 hours. We decided to drive down there and order in person. When we got there I had told her I had sent an email, but decided to come in instead. She was kind of rude, she had my email printed out and made a big deal that I did not leave a phone number... I didn't have a phone number to leave, I explained. But she kept going on about a phone number. I apologized to her for not having one and explained it was no big deal to wait on the pizza.

As far as the pizza goes. It was pretty good. We ordered 3 different ones and the ham and pineapple was by far the best. I got a seafood one, it was okay.. a little too fishy.We also got the equivalent to a meat lovers. It went over well with the guys. I didn't get to try it. It is fresh pizza and is cooked in a brick oven.They prepared all three of our pizzas in 15 minutes, which I thought was pretty good. It is in a great location, and I would eat there again.

Miami
“Great view! Great Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Marriott so we started to hunt for restaurants nearby since there are not too many. Tomatoes was a find! The night before we had had dinner at Pirate's Bay so we decided to go back, but then we noticed Tomatoes. We sat on the perfect spot...table in the corner by the bar...with a glorious evening/night view and light breeze, had the perfect salad with the sweetest goat cheese and a great thin crusted anchovy pizza. Needless to say we went back a couple of times!

• Visited June 2014