“Enjoyed our week diving”

Castle Comfort Diving Lodge/Dive Dominica
More attraction details
Owner description: Castle Comfort Lodge is the epitome of a small intimate Caribbean dive lodge, located one mile south of the capital Roseau.We are a 14 room dedicated family owned and operated dive resort and also home to Dive Dominica.We are Dominica´s first dive center and lodging.Castle Comfort and Dive Dominica is your one stop shop to create your own Dominican experience Hikes, snorkel, whale and dolphin safaris and deep sea fishing excursions. Let us make your Dominican island experience treasurable !
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The diving was real good but could have been better if they didn't try to herd the divers around in a group. More independent diving or even a split into two groups would be better. The food was very good and seemed to be a good price for the location. The rooms were OK but do need attention. The floors needed a good scrub and the old caulk needs to be removed and new caulk installed by someone that knows what they are doing. Whoever caulked last did a very poor job. Our TV remote had dead batteries. The wi-fi coverage is very poor. From our room, we could see the router about 100' away but I needed to use andexternal wi-fi antenna to have a strong enough signal to connect. The air-conditioners were quiet and did a very good job. The staff went out of their way to keep the guests happy. The dining staff, other than a new person who kept messing up the orders, did an outstanding job. Looking beyond the negatives, I would come back to this resort again. For divers, it's a good location and unless you are a demanding 5-star person, you will enjoy it. We stayed a week and never hit the same dive site twice. If you aren't a diver, this probably isn't the place for you.

2  Thank JOHN G

Reviewed 8 January 2014

4 stars because I think the rooms could use a little updating. But that is totally outweighed by the outgoing and accommodating staff. Everyone is very friendly and willing to cater to your every need, from a packed lunch for an excursion to making a to go breakfast for us when we had a 5am airport pick up. The diving was great and very convenient, being right on site. I would definitely return!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just an overall great vacation. To start with the people at Castle Comfort Lodge and Dive Dominica could not have been friendlier. The standard response to any question was "no problem".

Overall the diving here is some of the best in the Caribbean. With over 700 dives and over half in Asia I'm a self-admitted dive snob. The diving here is excellent with as many reef fish as I have seen anywhere in the Caribbean and lots of healthy corals. Like most places in the Caribbean you won't see much of the big stuff.

Overall I would definitely recommend this place if you like to go to places still untouched by commercialization and are OK staying at a nice, small family owned and operated hotel and dive shop.

3  Thank Michael K
Reviewed 10 August 2013

The rooms were more than adequate. Regular maid service. Staff professional. I would stay there again. Dive staff was professional and safety conscious - not intrusive. Enjoyed the diving.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank Frank W
See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2013

It's by no means a 5 star establishment but I was there for diving and the rooms were clean and recently remodeled. Housekeeping kept them clean and the meals on site were excellent...try the banana pancakes! What I liked most about Castle Comfort was the boutique size and feel. I was nice to sit at the bar for the drink and have the bartender know you are and give you a personal greeting. Even better...as I was checking out he came over and told us how much he enjoyed our visit and thanked us. To me...service is everything and Castle Comfort gets 5 stars for their personal service. Dive Dominica is probably the best dive operation on the island. They've got nice boat and a great staff that is very helpful and knows the best sites on the south end of the island.. You need to visit Dominica...experience the island and see how friendly the people are! I'm going back next year!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction