“One day I hope to return to Dominica, and to the Islet View Restaurant and Bar”

Islet View Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #11 of 131 Restaurants in Dominica
Cuisines: Caribbean
Scottsdale/Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was fortunate enough to vacation in Dominica for two weeks (including Carnival... spectacular), even more fortunate that my hosts are now residents, with a lot of insight on not only what to see, but, where to eat and drink as well. As I learned during my two weeks... first glances rarely provided a glimpse into what I would find when I walked in, be, it good, authentic, local foods, spectacular views, friendly staff, and/or great drinks! Here, unfortunately, I can't provide any insight on the food (next time!), but, the view... and the wall of infused rums (tried two!), will forever be etched in my memory!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Buddles1

Rochester, New York
“Amazing views!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

If you're coming from the south, make sure to take the "highway" instead of the road by the coast, which is the steepest road I have ever been on!! Great local food with the most amazing views. Try the energy punch!

Visited April 2014
Kitchener, Canada
“A lucky stop for lunch”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We just happened upon this place at lunch time after visiting the Emerald pool. Walked in and out the back was this magnificent view . The waitress came in looking kind of tired and flopped herself down beside me and we thought OH OH! It turned out being one of the best meals we had on the Island. There wasn't a lot of selection but we chose curried chicken. It was an excellent choice and came with local vegetables and pumpkin rice and shredded carrot and cukes and coleslaw . After we were finished we were rewarded with a plate of local fruit. The waitress turned out to be very prompt and friendly as well.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank vllywngs
Antwerpen
“Simple pleasures”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

For a great Dominican meal served by charming people this cannot be beaten. It has a great view and a wonderful ambience. We went back for more!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Terry B
Bloomington, Indiana
“Sorry we only visited once”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We passed Islet View restaurant on our way to our lodging at Domcans (A whole other story, see o review) and it looked interesting so we walked back to try it out, just a 30 minute hike up a fairly steep grade. When we got there at 4:30p, it turned out they were just getting ready to close up for the day, but they still took great care of us. Unlike so many restaurants on Dominica with little charm, Islet View is nicely designed with a distinct tropical island feel. The bar inside is stocked with any number of infused rums, and the rum punch I had was among the best of the trip. The "local" food we ordered was fresh and delicious, but the real highlight was the view looking each over the azure Atlantic. Really, to that point I'd never encountered a restaurant with such a spectacular view. We were intending to go back for a breakfast or lunch but never made it. Next time.

• Visited January 2014