It would seem that no work has been done for a while on sprucing up this property. However the staff are extremely accommodating and attentive to ones needs. Special mention can be made of Philbert who pilots the boat on the whale watching trips. He can also repair many other things at the hotel. Susan the room attendant is also a very versatile employee at this hotel. The ambience in the restaurant needs work being done especially the tables and chairs. Whale watching was fantastic with the sighting of at least four whales and Captain Philbert's informative talks. I would stay again solely on Philbert's account and all the other helpful staff members.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An ideal location for family and friends, divers, hikers, whale watchers, adventure seekers and those traveling to Dominica on business who want to relax after work.Perched on the edge of the tranquil Caribbean Sea, only one mile south of the Capital city, Roseau. The Anchorage, “Dominica’s Adventure Center”Our Hotel offers 32 spacious, air conditioned en-suite bedrooms, comfortably furnished with island-style décor, direct dial telephones, high speed internet and Cable TV. Our Oceanfront rooms each have 2 Double beds or 1 King sized bed and our Poolside rooms have 1 Queen sized bed and can accommodate an additional single bed. All of our rooms overlook the calm Caribbean Sea with a coastline view of Roseau, the capital.Your home away from home, you can sample home-style Creole Cuisine alongside a mouth watering continental snack menu at our full service Ocean Terrace Restaurant or relax in our Carib Bar & Poolside Lounge sipping our famous “Laro’s Anchorage Rumpunch’ or enticing local cocktail.As Pioneers of the Dive & Whale Watching industry in Dominica, we offer a full service PADI Dive facility. Our fleet consists of a dedicated dive vessel, Domnik, a 30’ custom boat accommodates a maximum of 14 divers or 20 Whale Watchers. Additionally we offer 2 other vessels which are used primarily for our Party Cruises and Whale Watching tours; Passion, a 75’ sailing Catamaran which accommodates up to a maximum of 60 passengers and Miser’s Dream, a 60’ powered Catamaran which is comfortably furnished for overnight island trips and can accommodate from 5 people up to a maximum of 50 passengers. Our Whale Watching and snorkeling tours depart several times a week.We can boast the Caribbean’s only Sperm Whale Skeleton mounted near our lounge where our guides hold educational talks and briefings for our whale watching tours. There are many activities available at The Anchorage from shore diving, snorkeling, fishing, games and Kayaking for when you may need a ‘wind down’ from the Nature Hikes and many other land based activities we can organize for you. The Anchorage is home of Dominica Tours, ‘the Nature Island’s Experience Coordinators’, a complete Destination Management Company, our representatives can assist in organizing just about any experience in Dominica for you; whether adventures on land or at sea, Bird Watching, Hiking, Heritage and Cultural tours and talks; Community based and Youth development activities. Whatever your choice, our friendly and helpful Team at The Anchorage awaits the pleasure of being your hosts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Hotel And Dive Center
- Anchorage Hotel & Dive Roseau
- Anchorage Hotel Roseau
- Anchorage Hotel & Dive Center Dominica/Roseau