Dive Dominica at Castle Comfort Dive Lodge has been at the forefront of promoting diving, preserving the dive habitat and promoting local business since it began with Derek and Ginette Perryman and as it remains today under the direction of Arienne and Daniel Perryman. Unlike too many hotels in the Caribbean that are run by foreign firms, the owners, staff and Dive Masters are all Dominican and the pride of place shows in every aspect of the services.
The food is almost entirely local and freshly prepared featuring many traditional dishes - callaloo and pumpkin soups being a couple of our favorites. Breakfast is served on the hotel veranda and lunches/dinners are either on the veranda or at the oceanside tables at the outdoor bar. Let me add that at the time we were there, they had a world-class bartender who had trained in London. His artistry concocting potions at the bar was a source of entertainment in the evening,
The dive shop is located right at the pier and the night diving is excellent. In the morning we just brought ourselves down to the boat and our gear bags would already be onboard. The entire staff from management to housekeeping was incredibly friendly and helpful. Of course, their knowledge of the island and its culture was unsurpassed. Althouth they work with a number of tour operators, they were more than willing to help guests explore any options for trips around the island including the grueling but wonderful day long trek to the famous Boiling Lake. For the less intrepid, trips to beautiful waterfalls, swimming holes and spas are available. Do NOT miss out on a whale watch (or two) to see the magnificent sperm whales.
Rooms are spacious with AC. It is a small hotel so in that regard it is quiet. It is, however, located on a main road and wedged between two other hotels so it can sometimes get noisy at night.
Excellent package deals for dive clubs that include pick-up from airport, dive/gear packages, meals and tours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a small, intimate Caribbean dive lodge located just one mile south of Dominica's capital, Roseau. With true Caribbean ambiance, our traditional style guest house makes you feel like a family member - as casual, relaxed and as comfortable as your favourite pair of slippers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Castle Comfort Dive Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Comfort Dive Hotel Roseau
- Castle Comfort Dive Lodge Dominica/Roseau