All reviews cell phone place to stay cable tv guest house narakiels lynne microwave accommodation dominica island
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My fiancé and I were in the caribbean for 4 weeks and did a bit of island hopping. Our journey took us to Dominica for 8 days. We chose Narakiels Inn because we really wanted to enjoy the real caribbean experience and were not at all disappointed.

As some of the other guest have mentioned, one might be a bit taken aback at first by the Roseau surroundings but dont be fooled. Once you enter you will definitely see how much attention and love was put into making the accommodation cozy and appealing. We particulary loved the warm earthy brown, orange and yellow tones used. It's really like walking into the fanatasy world of an extremely crafty Architect. Each room, though small, is fitted with a kitchenette and bath. The kitchnette is stocked....loaded!:) After a long hike it was great to stay in and whip up something in our room.

The only problem we had was the lack of space to pack our luggage away. We had 2 suitcases and 3 duffel bags and it was a bit crammed. But no one stays at home when in Dominica so it didnt really matter that much. The rooms are also to the back of the building so there wasn't a good flow of fresh air. After cooking the room did take quite a bit to freshen up again. We just put the fan on, opened the windows, sat on the verandah with a glass of rum punch and gave it a bit.

I must also compliment Richard for his hospitality and help. Anything you want to know, just ask Richard. Restaurants (even on Sundays), tours, hikes, guides, everything. He knows it all...literally. Even though we didnt meet Lynne we also need to say thanks for her help as well. We booked our flight from Barbados to Dominica quite a few months early. LIAT made a time change and sent us the new flight itinerary but we still printed out the old one and took it with us. Lynne hired a taxi for us and noticed that something had to be wrong with the pick- up time at the airport. Thank God she pointed that out to us! Just like that we could have missed our flight. That just shows how much extra thought is put into accommodating the guests. Thanks alot! Until the next time in Dominica and at Narakiels Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Danzie00
Reviewed 12 August 2011

For a Small Hotel/Motel, I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities I found available in my room upon entrance and inspection.

From the Outside, one may be fooled on what you'll find on the inside and alongside that, the coziness of the rooms and of course, the "walking distance" to many amenities one may wish to sample and experience whilst in Dominica.

I've never seen efficiency in use of space in a room before like I've seen at Narakiel and it reminded me of someone ticking off on "we need this" and "don't forget to get this" in planning for the ultimate small motel type room yet way beyond "not expecting to have...." in ones mind.

Great for the short term visit where Roseau is the play or work ground and where there's little to worry about Security either at the premises itself or in the surroundings.

Room Tip: Get Room 101 (I think I had), it's loaded !!!!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Narakiel Inn is five to ten minutes walk from the heart of Roseau and five minutes away from the stadium. The outer building should not be used as a yard stick for what you will find inside. Each room is equipped with air condition, fridge, microwave and a coffee maker. The room is well kept. The single-room is somewhat small, however adequate, if you do not intend to spend much time inside. Wireless internet is also available.
Richard, the manager is very approachable and goes the extra mile to ensure each guess enjoys his/her stay. We arrived at the inn later than scheduled, due to a delay in our flight. Considering that it was our first visit to Dominica we thought it unwise to venture out in search of dinner. However, Richard personally took us to a cool eating spot, where we received a well prepared fish dinner.
Overall our experience was good and we will recommend the Narakiel Inn to anyone seeking reasonably-priced accommodation in Dominica, which gives value for money.

Desmond
SVG

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adopanarm
Reviewed 27 April 2011

When visiting Domonica Narakiel's Inn is the place to stay. The rooms are cozy but clean. There is AC and celling fan fridge, microwave and television in all the rooms. There is a river to the front where I would just sit and watch which allows me to relax and calm my mind. It is walking distant to the city. Richard the owner was very helpful in getting us whatever we wanted to do. Our first night on the Island Richard took us to a beautiful local place where we had grilled fish and chicken. To be honest I do not think I tasted food that good before.
You definately need to tour the island and Joe the taxi driver is the person you need. His humor and explaining will just blow you off your mind.
I went to Domonica for relaxation and that is what I got. With the water falls sulpher springs fresh air and lovely people like Richard and Joe. I totally came back a new person.
Esther & Stephen

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ruthest
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Great location, and great overall experience.
We needed a place to stay for the Carnival Festival to get away from the miserable north-east winter and couldn’t have picked a better Inn. Richard the manager was very courteous and friendly and the location was perfect. It is close to market and the carnival venue. I would recommend Narakiel',s Inn to my friends because the value and location is terrific.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends