“Friendly, clean and well-located”
Review of Narakiel's Inn

Narakiel's Inn
Ranked #5 of 21 Roseau B&B and Inns
Tours, France
“Friendly, clean and well-located”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

This hotel is clean, well-located with a possibility to park the car in front of the house). Richard is friendly and on hand. He gave us usefull advice (visits, restaurants, shops). He gave us a cell-phone so if we had a problem or a question, we could call him and He called us back. The rooms are confortable with a fridge and a micro-wave, so it is possible to have breakfast (breakfast is not possible at the hotel because there is no restaurant) in the room and to have lunch or dinner. Good value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anne-Cécile L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Panama
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Central, cheap, clean, parking available, nice staff - an excellent choice in Roseau.

Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank kusti101
South Orange
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Staying at Narakiel's Inn in the beautiful country of Dominica was an amazing experience! My cousin and I chose the perfect accommodations for us. The studio, though small, was very comfortable and included a cozy kitchenette. It was clean, had air conditioning, and Wi-Fi. The view of the river from the balcony was extremely peaceful at any time of day. I experienced the true island feel.

The best part was the hospitality given by the manager, Richard Astaphan, who was the most gracious host I have ever encountered at an establishment of this sort. He made sure all of our needs were met as well as well as several of our wants. I appreciated his hospitality immensely.

I didn't want to come back home. WHEN I return to Dominica, I will stay at Narakiel's Inn again. I hope you do too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank VST1
Guyancourt, France
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I absolutely loved the location, in the city but away from the noise. I stayed in the Stuio which I found to be very comfortable with all the trimmings the larger hotels would offer. The fact that it was so peaceful that I could meditate on the balcony in the mornings with the sound of the river rushing below, or take a nice morning run along the river by the stadium was an added bonus.
Special thanks to Mr. Richard Astaphan who was a very gracious host, ensuring that arrangements were in place to visit sites of interest and recommended suitable menus to sample while there. A visit to the birthplace of my forefathers to reconnect with my roots was enhanced by the team of Narakiel's Inn. Simply Amazing!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank StacyAlexander
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This guesthouse is the absolute best! It's located right downtown w/o being right smack in the center of all the hustle and bustle of Roseau. There is parking right in front and the building is secure. The rooms are immaculate and resemble what you would expect at a high-end hotel. Our room was excellent (beautiful and clean) and Richard went out of his way to accomodate us and show us what Dominica has to offer - we had so much fun with him :-) I wish I could've extended my stay, as I was soo comfortable at this guesthouse. My friend and I had a wonderful time, Dominica is an absolutely breath-taking island. If I ever return to Dominica, Narakiel's Inn will definitely be my lodging of choice!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank michaele m
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I just got back from a week-long stay in Dominica. I spent four nights at Narakiel's Inn and I would definitely recommend it. The location is great - just outside the center of Roseau. It's within easy walking distance (like a 5 minute walk into the center of town), but it's location on the perimeter of town makes it feel very peaceful and safe. I also loved the view from the shared balcony.

The rooms are small but well appointed and nicely organized - they even include a mini fridge and cell phone! I also found everything to be very clean.

The best part of my stay at Narakiel's was the service/hospitality of the manager, Richard. As a solo traveler with no rental car, it was a bit of a challenge to find affordable transportation/tours. Richard went WAY above and beyond to make sure I was able to do everything I wanted, including visits to Middleham Falls and Boiling Lake. He personally gave me a ride to the Boiling Lake trailhead - and picked me up afterward. He was always accessible via phone. Seriously, I must have called him about a dozen times during my stay - and he was unfailingly friendly and helpful.

If you're coming to Dominica (and you should - it's fabulous!) and staying in Roseau, don't hesitate to book a room at Narakiel's. It's affordable, well located, and offers superior service.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Megan M
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The owner, Richard is a friendly guy and very helpful. Cost of 2-room apartment was very reasonable ($140/night) for 4 people.
Rooms and en-suite bathrooms were a squeeze but no major problem. Location, overlooking the river and the stadium in Roseau was just what we wanted. Small kitchen & table between the 2 rooms were adequate and Richard provided a toaster on request
We only slept, showered and breakfasted there so lack of space wasn't a big deal. There was a narrow balcony suitable for a nightcap for 2 people. Any more meant sitting in a line.
Oddly, Roseau on Saturday night after around 10pm was dead ! Seems that the locals socialise earlier - possibly as the sun goes down between 6-7pm year-round. A good base to see south & west coast. Roads across the middle of the island to the East coast are being repaired. If you hire a car, ensure it's a 4x4

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roseau
Fort Young Hotel
#1 of 4 in Portsmouth
St. James Guesthouse
St. James Guesthouse
#3 of 21 in Roseau

Been to Narakiel's Inn? Share your experiences!