“Well worth the hike”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Well worth the hike”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

It took us about 45 minutes to walk to the falls from where our taxi driver dropped us off. You definitely need comfortable hiking attire and shoes for the trek, and ones that you don't mind getting dirty. Middleham Falls is a hidden gem, and it's well worth the hike. I am not a strong swimmer but the rest of my group climbed down to the falls for a swim. Don't make the same mistake I did, go for it and get a closer look. :D As for Ti Tou Gorge, I definitely went in and swam in the super cold river. The cold water temperature takes a lot of swimmers' energy, thus most of the people in my group opted to wear a life jacket. Overall, it is such a magnificent place. I love Dominica! I was at the Trafalgar Falls a few years ago and I was able to go by the waterfalls and lay in the hot springs. Definitely a must.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank Ilovemyplanet

Melbourne, Australien
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Ti Tou Gorge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

In January 2014 a friend and I did an organized tour with JustGoDominica to this beautiful Gorge.
It was really nice because they knew when to go, meaning we had the place for our selfs. They instructed us very well, where we could take a break from swimming and stand up, how to climb up the first waterfall to reach another one and they always checked on us if everything was ok.
This magical place is just soooo beautiful. We also jumped from a little ridge into the gorge, again they showed us where to stand, where to jump and how to keep the right body tension.
We were glad we did it as an organized tour. Great value for money and you get a real feeling for Dominica.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Lolllllliiiiipop
England
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great waterfalls”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

The waterfalls were excellent - we saw people walking down in sandles, flip flops and some in white shoes & white mini skirts...I'd recommend proper walking shoes, as it's a steep climb and a lot of tree roots, muddy areas and uneven surfaces. Definitely worth the walk.

The gorge was not as dramatic as I was expecting, as a walker. Some swam through, but if swimming, make sure you have a life jacket, as there have been injuries & deaths there, according to locals!

Visited March 2014
Peabody, Massachusetts
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“loved it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Easier out than getting in. Get there first so you can swim naked. Great falls!. Guess I didn't use 50 characters again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank dave g
Cologne, Germany
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Titou Gorge Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Don't miss it, great for swimming if you are not afraid of cold water and darkness. Have a swim trough the rocks to a wonderful waterfall.

Visited April 2014